• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Team Destroyer (Now Recruiting)

BlueEon

Weavile
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
Darn, I hate difficulty. :(
First off, I only train one Pokemon, The starter. It gets to It's LVL 65's When I start the Elite four.
I COULD use the Rare candies code, but I hate cheating, I've only done it once or twice in VBA.

And now, maybe some of you will tell me "Just train the rest of your Pokes too and everything will be alright.". Well Its really stressing for me to change my way in the game. And It'd change the experience of the game for me, too.

So Votes down on the difficulty for me, sorry.

And by the way, Which'll be the starter? Riolu or Eevee?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years

We are still deciding, even Gible is in the question now

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
BlueEon, I had the same problem when I was a newbie @ pokemon games. I also understand that some people just play like that.

I think to balance things out, we will make accurate predictions to the progress levels of players, and then keep the wild pokemon at a level in accordance to that.

To get an idea of what im trying to say is, for example in pokemon ruby/emerald you'd have a level 14 Mudkip and you'd encounter level 5 poochyenas, which is a darn pain in the ass to keep training to have it around the same level as the main so what we can do is raise levels of wild pokemon so it makes things easier.

I hope this idea is accepted because in my opinion it's not too bad :)

I also have another idea- increase the chances of running into shiny pokemon slightly, some people have never encountered a shiny in a life time so I think it can be a very exciting experience for some people. That's all I have to say for now

thanks - Rayz

[Possible Story Line Improvements If Approved]
Well to start off with, I want to focus on the introduction into the game.
I believe there are a lot of things in Pokemon which makes players choose which is their
favorite!
I've gathered some data on our base rom, Fire Red, and also took a look at what people enjoyed in the Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby series.
List of things frequently mentioned stuff people liked, along with the list I will add on what things can be implemented in accordance.
-May(I assume the majority like to have female rivals- hint of romance added to this maybe?;])
-Slateport. (I'm guessing this is just because of the beauty and structure of the map. Delta, make sure if not all, a lot of maps look good :])
-Team Magma/Aqua uniforms. (Make sure Team Destroyer get unique sprites and such)
-Battle/Game Music. (Since this is my job, I will make sure the music from Fire Red is replaced with something better. IMO Fire Red has terrible sfx)
-Double Battles (Self explanatory)

^That's basic things that I think can be improved easily, the other things are slightly more complex, which we can attend to later.

Also, people seem to have this massive ass fangirl over Rayquaza, so make sure Legendary Event turns out looking cool Delta. Delta you will pretty much be working the hardest. >.> unless the other scripter takes over different parts of your job.

NOW, to get to the starter pokemon thing which is still undecided.

Since forever, the starting pokemon between games has either been 3 or 1.
I decided, wouldn't it be nice to have 2 to choose from?

A general feel for this is that you find 2 of the pokemon fighting, idk since the pokemon are yet to be decided but lets just take Eevee and Riolu for this example- they are fighting for a few seconds and by the end they are exhausted, and one of them will die and one will live. The one that lives is in your hands because you pick the one that lives to personally keep as you starter pokemon. ( just an idea ) maybe you lot will approve? let's hope so :)

2 STARTER POKEMON - THE CHOICE

IF APPROVED, I RECOMMEND THE TWO STARTERS TO BE

TRAPINCH (Evolutions- 2nd. Vibrava, 3rd[final]. FLYGON)

LAVITAR (Evolutions- 2nd. Pupitar, 3rd[final]. TYRANITAR)

To be fairly honest I think this will blend well. They both look bad-ass in final evolution and they both have 3 evolution stages.

Well, tell me what you think guys.

Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Darn, I hate difficulty. :(
First off, I only train one Pokemon, The starter. It gets to It's LVL 65's When I start the Elite four.
I COULD use the Rare candies code, but I hate cheating, I've only done it once or twice in VBA.

And now, maybe some of you will tell me "Just train the rest of your Pokes too and everything will be alright.". Well Its really stressing for me to change my way in the game. And It'd change the experience of the game for me, too.

So Votes down on the difficulty for me, sorry.

It's been decided; Riolu will be the starter.

We're almost done getting everybody's RetroShare set up, so bear with me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
okay, if Riolu is the starter JNathan since im the 2nd storyliner make sure you consider other stuff i have posted in there, that'll be quite appreciated.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Don't worry Rayz. Every thing you said there won't go to waste. Thanks for the helpful comments.
The player will have many rivals, not only one. A lot of teens want to join Team Destroyer but only a few will be selected. I'm actually thinking about making the whole game in 2 versions because the story is long. But we must concentrate on this first. If everything turns out well and if there is enough story for a sequel, we will make it.
Delta, could you PM me the progress so far? I can't access RetroShare now.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Ok, well we're still finalizing the tiles, maps, and also the Riolu OWs.
I'll get them to you by tonight.

BlueEon

Weavile
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
Ok, well we're still finalizing the tiles, maps, and also the Riolu OWs.
I'll get them to you by tonight.

...This keeps getting interesting...

EDIT:
I got some plans for the game.

First off all, I think it'd be really neat if, that when the NPC's speak in the game, They're picture should be shown on top of the text. If you accept my idea, Make sure you take a screenshot of it. That'll increase the fans.

Second, I think there should be a choice to play evil in this game, Just part-Time. ( E.g from the 3rd to 6th gym) If you accept this too, Take a screenshot of it too, and add it in the FEATURES column. Most of us like to experiance what it feels like to be Evil. ( I have First-Hand Exp of this.)

Well , those ideas will REALLY increase the fans, so please accept them. Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
...This keeps getting interesting...

EDIT:
I got some plans for the game.

First off all, I think it'd be really neat if, that when the NPC's speak in the game, They're picture should be shown on top of the text. If you accept my idea, Make sure you take a screenshot of it. That'll increase the fans.

Second, I think there should be a choice to play evil in this game, Just part-Time. ( E.g from the 3rd to 6th gym) If you accept this too, Take a screenshot of it too, and add it in the FEATURES column. Most of us like to experiance what it feels like to be Evil. ( I have First-Hand Exp of this.)

Well , those ideas will REALLY increase the fans, so please accept them. Thanks.

I like the idea, though it may be hard to implement

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I already discussed the first part with gogojjtech. He'll try to add it. For the second, i'll talk with the scripters.

GoGoJJTech

Years
We need someone to help make a worldmap too, but i heard the worldmap should be the last thing to implement because the towns should all be there before inserting a map. So we need someone who can do this, but not now. Later on when we are almost finished here.

BlueEon

Weavile
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
Alright, I have, now, a third suggestion.

In the Pokemon Games I've played, I notice one thing right after the Elite 4 /Champion. It is that there are other Events/ Special Places/ A little more story/ Chances to catch Legendary Pokemon.

For example, In Pokemon Ruby, We can catch Rayquaza/ RegISteel/RegiIce.

In FireRed, We can unlock Islands 4,5,6 after Elite 4.

In Black/White, We can catch Landorus.

So, take this into the game, If someone new to PKMN games plays this, he/she will take it as official.

Another suggestion here,

Spoiler:

GoGoJJTech

Years
We are working on the ds-like graphics, but the ds graphics contain one extra pixel in everything, even OWs. it is hard to try, but the extra storyline shouldn't be so hard

BlueEon

Weavile
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
Alright, Nathan is there any more work for me? I feel lazy giving orders ( Suggestions)...

GoGoJJTech

Years
Riolu OWs are FINISHED
they use one of the pallettes that already exist in-game

Frames 0-4 me
Frames 5-8 deltasalamence

Last edited:

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Fancy Application

Username: Pinkish Purple
Skills:
18px-Nature_Icon_Lava.svg.png
Lava Release
18px-Nature_Icon_Boil.svg.png
Boil Release
18px-Nature_Icon_Earth.svg.png
Earth Release
18px-Nature_Icon_Fire.svg.png
Fire Release
18px-Nature_Icon_Water.svg.png
Water Release

Applying as: All-Arounder

Proof of Work:
OWs:
Spoiler:

Textboxes:
Spoiler:

Tiling:
Spoiler:

Sprite Inserting & Spriting:
Spoiler:

Userbars:
Spoiler:

Banners:
Spoiler:

Box Art:
Spoiler:

Contact Info: Skype, VM/PM.

Will you be devoted and active?
Spoiler:

All jokes aside, I am rather active, and my devotion depends on how much respect I get. If you treat me like trash and expect me to do things for you, you can kiss my candy ass :) Hahas, but for you, I've known you (although not very well) since you made your PC debut. I'd obviously try my best to help you.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Fancy Application

Skills:
Lava Release
Boil Release
Earth Release
Fire Release
Water Release

Proof of Work:
OWs:
Spoiler:

Textboxes:
Spoiler:

Tiling:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Userbars:
Spoiler:

Banners:
Spoiler:

Box Art:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

All jokes aside, I am rather active, and my devotion depends on how much respect I get. If you treat me like trash and expect me to do things for you, you can kiss my candy ass :) Hahas, but for you, I've known you (although not very well) since you made your PC debut. I'd obviously try my best to help you.
You are gladly accepted Pinkish Purple!

BlueEon

Weavile
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
Fancy Application

Skills:
Lava Release
Boil Release
Earth Release
Fire Release
Water Release

Proof of Work:
OWs:
Spoiler:

Textboxes:
Spoiler:

Tiling:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Userbars:
Spoiler:

Banners:
Spoiler:

Box Art:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I like you. So, are you Kekkei Fifta? :D

GoGoJJTech

Years
Pinkish purple, you need to subscribe to this thread and make a retroshare account. Welcome

Back