• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Wii U game teased

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
Well it could be a 3DS game, but the graphics look far too detailed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/17/another-pokemon-game-could-be-coming-to-wii-u

A trailer during the Pokemon Game Show event showed as a brief tour through all the games in the series, including the popular trading card game released in the late '90s. At the close of the video, a distorted video feed of two Pokemon in a faceoff briefly faded in and out on screen.
hlSUHxL.jpg

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just saw this, and that shot looks amazing. I'm really hoping it's a new RPG like Colosseum or Gale of Darkness. Maybe not exactly like them, but a 3D RPG would be great. I hope we see more about this possible game in the future. :) We could use a great new spin off.

I saw this pic earlier. If it's only for Wii U i'm going to be pissed but either way looks like a new spinoff.

Why? The Wii U has been out for a while now. You can't expect them to keep making Wii games. It's time to move on.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'm definitely interested in this. Someone said it was just a poster, so I started to doubt that it was anything great. Then I saw a video that featured this as a clip, so now I'm getting my hopes up again. My thoughts are that it's just like another Stadium/Battle Revolution, but I'm hoping for another Colosseum/XD. Either way, I'm sure it will be a Genius Sonority game. *fingers crossed*

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Just saw this, and that shot looks amazing. I'm really hoping it's a new RPG like Colosseum or Gale of Darkness. Maybe not exactly like them, but a 3D RPG would be great. I hope we see more about this possible game in the future. :) We could use a great new spin off.

Why? The Wii U has been out for a while now. You can't expect them to keep making Wii games. It's time to move on.

I know but I don't have a wii u and I don't wanna be out of the loop... again.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It's most certainly part of a clip, but I'm not sure it necessarily means a new Wi Game (it was at the end of a long animation). But we shall see. Certainly a Wii U battle sim or better yet a story mode game would be good to have.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I know but I don't have a wii u and I don't wanna be out of the loop... again.

I don't either. I plan to get one, though. But I mean, this thing doesn't even have an official name or announcement, so don't sweat it! You'll have plenty of time to get one before this hits, if it does of course. ...Which I hope it does, haha.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
It could just be an upcoming advertisement for mega evolutions. Since it's Blaziken and Lucario it does seem more likely for something to do with mega evolution.

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
I remember seeing that earlier today.. You're probably on the money for a Pokémon fighting game. I thoght at first it was some kinda joke, since it sounded too similar to Tekken. But who knows? I would be UBER freakin excited for a Pokémon fighter :D ... ... ... New thought here... if it is a full fighter, we'd finally hava T/P12 game in the franchise... [Now I hava image of Mega Evolutions as an awakening system like in Ultimate Ninja series]

Years
Pokemon fighting-game? True? And if it is, will it be good?

Just scrolling through TheJWittz vids when I saw this:

(link for the article on the videos description)

So, what do you reckon? Is this something you have been waiting for a while, or is it an unoriginal spin-off idea?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I think it would be very fun. Fighting in a different way than pokémon usually are, when battling. I think it would be a bit strange if it only featured fighting types, since there are so many pokémon to choose from among the 6 generations that could be cool to have in a game like this too. But then again, these kind of games always have a finite number of characters to choose from, right? With their own powers and styles. So maybe using fighting types only would make sense after all.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I don't think it will be a fighting game but Game Freak has surprised us before. A fighting Pokemon game is so unexpected really. I imagine the majority of the playable characters will be fighting type.
Perhaps you'll still be only to use four moves but can learn from a variety of TM's or something...
The type chart would probably still be in effect here but that would make Gallade and Medicham overpowered.

I honestly doubt it's anything at all, just showcasing a standoff between Blaziken and Lucario in the city...

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
Well, this isn't the first Pokemon fighting game to come across people's minds (I haven't seen the video, since my computer is crippled at the moment, but I understand the gist). There is a game out there called "Pokemon Type Wild" which is a very interesting fighting game that includes more than just fighting-types and allows for the same one-on-one action in such genres. There is always the ever-popular MUGEN engine, which has plenty of Pokemon characters for one to download and play as or against with maddeningly simple programming.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
A Pokemon fighting game could have so much potential. I hope they capture the feel of an anime-style battle in the same way Pokepark 2 did, except this time more balanced, and with a decent roster!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Holy crap I'd eat a Pokemon fighting game, straight up. I'd prefer a Capcom fighter esque one, but a Tekken like fighter seems to be what we're getting. And I have no problem with that.

Here's what the roster would be if it (hopefully) only consisted of bipedal fully evolved fighting type Pokemon:
057MS.png
068MS.png
062MS.png
106MS.png
107MS.png
237MS.png
214MS.png
257MS.png
286MS.png
297MS.png
308MS.png
392MS.png
454MS.png
448MS.png
475MS.png
500MS.png
560MS.png
534MS.png
538MS.png
539MS.png
620MS.png

Pretty damn solid. I'll be maining Hariyama, full stop. Primeape and Hitmonchan as secondaries.

....WHY ISN'T ANYBODY HYPED FOR THIS?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spino, plz don't eat the game that's not how 2 play :((((

Anyway, this seems kick ass. There's a plethora of awesome Fighting Pokemon that could go into this too, which is awesome. I'm hoping for Mienshao. I'd probably main that and Blaziken (who is obviously gonna be there). I hope to see some gen VI stuff in there too, once we know the whole lot of Pokemon for the next gen of course. It'd be awesome.

A Little Cup version would be fun, too. With lil friends like Machop, Riolu, Torch-- lol I mean Combusken, Scraggy, etc.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Spino, plz don't eat the game that's not how 2 play :((((
No, shut up.
foodf7ub3.png

Anyway, there's a probable chance that this will end up being related to that Pokemon arcade game. In fact, there's a probable chance that this will end up being an arcade-only game itself. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back