• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mind Masters: Psychic-type Pokémon fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
This is a fan club for Psychic-type Pokémon ONLY

How to sign up:

Preferred username [required]
Partner Pokémon [required]
Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold) [optional]
Answer the current topic (Feel free to answer any of the old ones or come up with a new one if there isn't a current one) [optional] - currently disabled

Members list:

CloysterOyster
196.png

Zeratul
249.png

Hikari10
678-female.png

Sheep
678-female.png

Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
282.png

GhastlyGastly
063.png

Aslan
203.png

Slaying Moon
282.png

Nymphadora
196.png

Atmageth
376.png

Miau
677MS.png

Wicked3DS
196.png

Olli
249.png

MadKing
065.png

AoTora
678-female.png

Kameken
648.png

Murkmire
097.png

The rules:
1. No spamming
2. No trolling or bullying
3. No links to outside sites
4. No discrimination of any form
5. Enjoy the club and have fun

Current topic:

N/A (disabled for the time being)

Past topics:

Spoiler:

All the Psychic-type Pokémon:

063.gif
064.gif
065.gif
alakazam-mega.png
079.gif
080.gif
096.gif
097.gif
102.gif
103.gif
121.gif
122.gif
124.gif
150.gif
mewtwo-mega-x.gif
mewtwo-mega-y.gif
151.gif
177.gif
178.gif
196.gif
199.gif
201.gif
201-b.gif
201-c.gif
201-d.gif
201-e.gif
201-f.gif
201-g.gif
201-h.gif
201-i.gif
201-j.gif
201-k.gif
201-l.gif
201-m.gif
201-n.gif
201-o.gif
201-p.gif
201-q.gif
201-r.gif
201-s.gif
201-t.gif
201-u.gif
201-v.gif
201-w.gif
201-x.gif
201-y.gif
201-z.gif
201-question.gif
201-exclamation.gif
202.gif
203.gif
238.gif
249.gif
251.gif
280.gif
281.gif
282.gif
gardevoir-mega.png
307.gif
308.gif
medicham-mega.png
325.gif
326.gif
337.gif
338.gif
343.gif
344.gif
358.gif
360.gif
374.gif
375.gif
376.gif
380.gif
381.gif
385.gif
386.gif
386-attack.gif
386-defense.gif
386-speed.gif
433.gif
436.gif
437.gif
439.gif
475.gif
480.gif
481.gif
482.gif
488.gif
494.gif
517.gif
518.gif
527.gif
528.gif
555-zen.gif
561.gif
574.gif
575.gif
576.gif
577.gif
578.gif
579.gif
605.gif
606.gif
648.gif
648-pirouette.gif
output_tme4J4_zps98db2abf.gif
espurr.png
meowstic-f.png
inkay.gif
malamar.gif

Trainers that specialize in Psychic-type Pokémon:

106.gif
Sabrina of Saffron City (Kanto)
Spr_HGSS_Will.png
Will of the Johto Elite Four
124.gif
125.gif
Tate and Liza of Mossdeep City (Hoenn)
LucianPlatinum.gif
Lucian of the Sinnoh Elite Four
080.gif
Caitlin of the Unova Elite Four and Battle Castle
olympia_sprite_by_gnomowladny-d6zruet.png
Olympia of Anistar City (Kalos)

In-battle effect items (Psychic):

TwistedSpoon
Bag_Twisted_Spoon_Sprite.png
: Boosts the power of Psychic-type moves by 20% when held.
Psychic Gem
Bag_Psychic_Gem_Sprite.png
: Increases the power of the holder's first Psychic-type move by 30% (50% in Generation V), and is consumed after use.
Mind Plate
Bag_Mind_Plate_Sprite.png
: Raises the power of Psychic-type moves by 20%.
Odd Incense
Bag_Odd_Incense_Sprite.png
: Raises the power of Psychic-type moves.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Partner Pokémon [required]: Lugia
Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-Type Team: Abra, Slowpoke and Munna! <3
Answer the current topic [optional]:

Are you upset with the lack of Psychic-types in the new generation? What kind of Psychic-type would you love to see be made?

I'm not really upset with the less Psychic-Type Pokémon in Kalos, but they could of have made some lovely Psychic-Type Pokémon! I would like something like a zebra, which psychic abilities? Kinda like a Girafarig, that would be soo cool! ^_^

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Partner Pokémon [required]: Zeratul
Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-Type Team: Abra, Slowpoke and Munna! <3
Answer the current topic [optional]:

Are you upset with the lack of Psychic-types in the new generation? What kind of Psychic-type would you love to see be made?

I'm not really upset with the less Psychic-Type Pokémon in Kalos, but they could of have made some lovely Psychic-Type Pokémon! I would like something like a zebra, which psychic abilities? Kinda like a Girafarig, that would be soo cool! ^_^

You forgot to pick a partner Pokemon. I will add you to the member list once you do. :)

What moves does your team have? Having more Psychic-types would be great, I love how powerful they are. Won a few battles with them.

Years
It's been ages since I last joined a Psychic-type club so yeah count me in!

Preferred username: Hikari10
Partner Pokémon: Meowstic

Answer the current topic:
I'm not sad at all, but then remember that Kalos introduced less Pokemon than all previous regions. At least we did get some very interesting ones like the Espurr and Inkay lines, plus Fennekin's final evo Delphox being part-Psychic, which we haven't seen on a starter yet.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
It's been ages since I last joined a Psychic-type club so yeah count me in!

Preferred username: Hikari10

Answer the current topic:
I'm not sad at all, but then remember that Kalos introduced less Pokemon than all previous regions. At least we did get some very interesting ones like the Espurr and Inkay lines, plus Fennekin's final evo Delphox being part-Psychic, which we haven't seen on a starter yet.

Welcome to the club. What about Meowstic made you choose him/her? :)

I am thrilled with Delphox. I have used her in Pokemon Showdown and she is tough. I need to make her stronger though. I like Inkay and Malamar, an interesting Dark/Psychic combination.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Where are the mind freaks at? lol. Any Psychic-type fan is welcome.

Here are all 3 of my Psychic teams

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Yay, psychic club! This is great. :)

Preferred username: Sheep
Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-type team: Meowstic male, Meowstic female, Musharna, Victini, Natu, Chimecho. Not sure on moves yet but this is definitely my team.

While we definitely didn't get many new psychic types, I wouldn't say I'm upset over it. We got Espurr and Meowstic which are one of my absolute favorite Pokemon as well as my #1 psychics so I can't complain. Besides, one of the starters evolved into a part psychic type, too - that is unique on its own. So cool!

Years
Preferred username: Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer

Partner Pokémon:
Gardevoir

Answer the current topic: No no probs Physic types have always been quite large in number so its ok that theirs a bit less this gen, Whe have Delphox which is the best starter of all time haha.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Yay, psychic club! This is great. :)

Preferred username: Sheep
Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-type team: Meowstic male, Meowstic female, Musharna, Victini, Natu, Chimecho. Not sure on moves yet but this is definitely my team.

While we definitely didn't get many new psychic types, I wouldn't say I'm upset over it. We got Espurr and Meowstic which are one of my absolute favorite Pokemon as well as my #1 psychics so I can't complain. Besides, one of the starters evolved into a part psychic type, too - that is unique on its own. So cool!

Welcome to the club. Have you used Meowstic in battle yet? I have only used her once or twice and need to get around to using her more, she has an interesting array of moves. Delphox is definitely another interesting Psychic-type, I was glad that the Fire/Fighting chain was broken this generation and we got something different.

Preferred username: Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer

Partner Pokémon:
Gardevoir

Answer the current topic: No no probs Physic types have always been quite large in number so its ok that theirs a bit less this gen, Whe have Delphox which is the best starter of all time haha.

Welcome to the club. Happy to see someone else likes Gardevoir too. Gardevoir in my opinion needs to be 100% female, as Gardevoir is feminine in nature and its looks too. I am glad she got 2 changes, Fairy as a second type and a Mega form. She can easily take out Dragon-types now. I am a little disappointed in her Mega form's design, all they did was make her rounder-looking. I like some of the deviantART drawings of Gardevoir's Mega form better.

Years
Welcome to the club. Have you used Meowstic in battle yet? I have only used her once or twice and need to get around to using her more, she has an interesting array of moves. Delphox is definitely another interesting Psychic-type, I was glad that the Fire/Fighting chain was broken this generation and we got something different.

Welcome to the club. Happy to see someone else likes Gardevoir too. Gardevoir in my opinion needs to be 100% female, as Gardevoir is feminine in nature and its looks too. I am glad she got 2 changes, Fairy as a second type and a Mega form. She can easily take out Dragon-types now. I am a little disappointed in her Mega form's design, all they did was make her rounder-looking. I like some of the deviantART drawings of Gardevoir's Mega form better.

Thanks Cloyster, I agree I think it should be changed so Female Kirlia evolves to Gardevoir and a Male one by default evolves to Gallade. Your right about her mega to it doesnt look as classy as her normal form.

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
Preferred username: GhastlyGastly

Partner Pokémon: Abra

Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-Type team:
Espeon (♀) ~ Psychic, Morning Sun, Dazzling Gleam, Psybeam ~ Holding: Odd Incense
Kadabra (♀) ~ Psychic, Shadow Ball, Thunder Wave, Energy Ball ~ Holding: TwistedSpoon
Alakazam (♂) ~ Psychic, Recover, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball ~ Holding: TwistedSpoon
Mewtwo ~ Psychic, Aura Sphere, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt ~ Holding: Mind Plate
Mega Gardevoir (♀) ~ Moonblast, Psychic, Attract, Energy Ball ~ Holding: Gardevoirite
Latias (♀) ~ Mist Ball, Psychic, Dragon Pulse, Surf ~ Holding: Leftovers

Answer the current topic: What type would you love to see paired with Psychic that hasn't been done before and why?
I'd very much like to see a Psychic/Ghost-Type. They're my two favorite types. Granted, there would be rather striking weaknesses to Dark and Ghost-Types, but the Psychic-Type's weakness to Bug would be neutralized because of the Ghost-Type.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: GhastlyGastly

Partner Pokémon: Abra

Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-Type team:
Espeon (♀) ~ Psychic, Morning Sun, Dazzling Gleam, Psybeam ~ Holding: Odd Incense
Kadabra (♀) ~ Psychic, Shadow Ball, Thunder Wave, Energy Ball ~ Holding: TwistedSpoon
Alakazam (♂) ~ Psychic, Recover, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball ~ Holding: TwistedSpoon
Mewtwo ~ Psychic, Aura Sphere, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt ~ Holding: Mind Plate
Mega Gardevoir (♀) ~ Moonblast, Psychic, Attract, Energy Ball ~ Holding: Gardevoirite
Latias (♀) ~ Mist Ball, Psychic, Dragon Pulse, Surf ~ Holding: Leftovers

Answer the current topic: What type would you love to see paired with Psychic that hasn't been done before and why?
I'd very much like to see a Psychic/Ghost-Type. They're my two favorite types. Granted, there would be rather striking weaknesses to Dark and Ghost-Types, but the Psychic-Type's weakness to Bug would be neutralized because of the Ghost-Type.

Welcome to the club. Abra, eh? The first Psychic-type to ever be shown in the anime I believe. Scary strong team you have there. Have you battled with that team? I would love to see a Psychic/Ghost type, I'm surprised they haven't made one yet. Yes, it would have a grave weakness to both Dark and Ghost, but would be effective against Fighting, Poison and other Psychic and Ghost types. Everything else would damage it normally except Normal, Fighting, Bug and Poison.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
What's up, my spoon bending buddies. :D

Preferred username: Aslan
Partner Pokémon: Girafarig

What type would you love to see paired with Psychic that hasn't been done before and why?

I would love to say dark but that's already been done, so... :(

Other than that, electric and psychic sounds like a good combo. Electricity is already pretty shocking by itself and add to the power of levitating + telekinesis, that Pokemon would scream epic all over it. Personally I'd love to use something like it. Psychic/Bug is also something that I'd want to be considered. It could be some sort of mystical bug or whatever. Just my personal thoughts though. :D

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
Welcome to the club. Abra, eh? The first Psychic-type to ever be shown in the anime I believe. Scary strong team you have there. Have you battled with that team? I would love to see a Psychic/Ghost type, I'm surprised they haven't made one yet. Yes, it would have a grave weakness to both Dark and Ghost, but would be effective against Fighting, Poison and other Psychic and Ghost types. Everything else would damage it normally except Normal, Fighting, Bug and Poison.
Thanks! :pink_smile:
Yeah, I love Abra. The Abra and Gastly families are some my favorite Pokémon ever. Abra's just a cute little sleeping fox-thing with psychic powers, I love it so much :pink_giggle:
And thank you! Yeah, that's an actual team I've used, although I sometimes swap out Kadabra with Malamar or Girafarig. Or sometimes I mix it up with my Ghost-Types as well, and have things like Haunter or Misdreavus in there. And yes, absolutely, I want a Psychic/Ghost someday; maybe something like a Vodou witch doctor (Curse anyone? Helloooooooo??), or a shaman of some kind. Or a lemur. A Psychic/Ghost lemur Pokémon could theoretically be the greatest thing ever, hahaha :pink_laugh:

Or a Ghost/Fighting lemur.... hmm....

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
What's up, my spoon bending buddies. :D

Preferred username: Aslan
Partner Pokémon: Girafarig

What type would you love to see paired with Psychic that hasn't been done before and why?

I would love to say dark but that's already been done, so... :(

Other than that, electric and psychic sounds like a good combo. Electricity is already pretty shocking by itself and add to the power of levitating + telekinesis, that Pokemon would scream epic all over it. Personally I'd love to use something like it. Psychic/Bug is also something that I'd want to be considered. It could be some sort of mystical bug or whatever. Just my personal thoughts though. :D

Welcome to the club. I remember having a Girafarig in the Johto games, such a unique one with a unique Normal/Psychic typing. Psychic/Electric or Electric/Psychic sounds pretty cool. Not sure what it'd look like but it'd be a power player. Psychic/Bug would be great too, would give it an edge over Dark types slightly. Mystical bug...almost like Shedinja?

Thanks! :pink_smile:
Yeah, I love Abra. The Abra and Gastly families are some my favorite Pokémon ever. Abra's just a cute little sleeping fox-thing with psychic powers, I love it so much :pink_giggle:
And thank you! Yeah, that's an actual team I've used, although I sometimes swap out Kadabra with Malamar or Girafarig. Or sometimes I mix it up with my Ghost-Types as well, and have things like Haunter or Misdreavus in there. And yes, absolutely, I want a Psychic/Ghost someday; maybe something like a Vodou witch doctor (Curse anyone? Helloooooooo??), or a shaman of some kind. Or a lemur. A Psychic/Ghost lemur Pokémon could theoretically be the greatest thing ever, hahaha :pink_laugh:

I love Alakazam and Gengar the most, and they can Mega evolve too. I love Malamar, reminds me of Ursula from The Little Mermaid for some reason. I need to make a mixed Psychic and Ghost team, although Dark types would crush it. :/ A voodoo witch doctor Pokemon would be in order, we already have a cursed tree and a bunch of other mystical and spooky Pokemon, so it's only fitting. Lemur? I can see where it'd be Psychic (like how we have Psychic cats now) but not sure where Ghost would fit in.

Preferred username: Slaying Moon
Partner Pokémon: Gardevoir

Not going to say much? Welcome to the club though, I wish you'd have said more to add to the conversation. :/

Am I really the only person on Earth who loves Mega Gardevoir? :pink_cry:
I mean, look at her! So pretty :pink_love: Super chic

Mega_gardevoir_art.jpg

She's a pain to take down in battle simulators :p

Last edited:

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
I love Alakazam and Gengar the most, and they can Mega evolve too. I love Malamar, reminds me of Ursula from The Little Mermaid for some reason. I need to make a mixed Psychic and Ghost team, although Dark types would crush it. :/ A voodoo witch doctor Pokemon would be in order, we already have a cursed tree and a bunch of other mystical and spooky Pokemon, so it's only fitting. Lemur? I can see where it'd be Psychic (like how we have Psychic cats now) but not sure where Ghost would fit in.
I don't really care for Mega Alakazam or Mega Gengar, though they're two of my all-time favorite Pokémon otherwise. Haha, and don't be so sure that Dark-Types can take down a Team of Psychics and Ghosts; that's what I have things like Mega Gardevoir or Medicham for, haha :pink_giggle:
Haha, and I don't expect anyone to ever get the lemur-ghost connection: lemures is Latin for "phantoms" or "ghosts", so I always link the two in my mind. Plus a lot of lemurs are nocturnal and have just sort of a generally spooky quality, especially their calls (some of them are actually really eerie). I've been around a lot of them in my time, hahaha :pink_giggle:
CloysterOyster said:
She's a pain to take down in battle simulators :p

Haha, isn't she though? :pink_laugh: Sister's a force to be reckoned with!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I don't really care for Mega Alakazam or Mega Gengar, though they're two of my all-time favorite Pokémon otherwise. Haha, and don't be so sure that Dark-Types can take down a Team of Psychics and Ghosts; that's what I have things like Mega Gardevoir or Medicham for, haha :pink_giggle:
Haha, and I don't expect anyone to ever get the lemur-ghost connection: lemures is Latin for "phantoms" or "ghosts", so I always link the two in my mind. Plus a lot of lemurs are nocturnal and have just sort of a generally spooky quality, especially their calls (some of them are actually really eerie). I've been around a lot of them in my time, hahaha :pink_giggle:

Haha, isn't she though? :pink_laugh: Sister's a force to be reckoned with!

I can see where Gardevoir and Medicham can take down the Dark types, both Fairy and Fighting are great against Dark types. I didn't know that's what "lemur" meant, I learned something new today. :) So would a lemur Pokemon be Psychic/Dark or Psychic/Ghost?

I have a hard time taking down Gardevoir now that Fairy is her second type. No point in me using Dark because she'd resist it and take me out with Fairy moves. Bug will hardly help either even though she's part Psychic. Poison or Ghost might help but again, they're both weak against Psychic. Steel might be the only thing to use, since it resists both of her types and would expose her Fairy type weakness to Steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back