• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humanum Familiares [Best Rookie/Most Original Aug/Sep '11]

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
The massive dragon realed beneath Josh and the land around them was slwoly being destroyed by the cold temperatures and the beasts rage.

The ruinic symbol was fading.

"Hurry somebody!"

Emil lay unconcious on the ground.

His mind stirred with old memories. Memories of a day he would have rather forgot.

It was a cold, Winter night and Emil had come to visit Tristan. He knocked on the door but didn't get an answer. He knocked harder and was answered by a slight groaning coming from inside. It sounded like Tristan, only he was in alot of pain.

He banged on the door.

"Tristan.... Tristan!!!"

No answer.

Emil rammed the door open to find his friend reeling in pain on his living room floor.

"Tristan!..."Emil ran to his friends side.

"Tristan what?... How?!" Emil gasped.

"Can't tell you... to dangerous... can't put at risk..." Tristan spluttered.

"W... What are you talking about Tristan, who... who did this to you?! How..." Emil murmured.

Tristan grabbed his friends shirt.

"Emil... I'm not going to make it... I can tell..."

"No.... No don't say that you'll be fine..." Emil was near tears.

"Listen I need you to take care of Kenna..." Emil looked as his friend with tear stained eyes as he said those words to him.

"No... you have to your... your staying here to do that... I can't, I'm not..." Emil ranted.

"You can do it Emil, your strong... your brave... you can protect her in my place..." Tristan closed his eyes.

"No... Tristan no..." Emil sobbed.

"Goodbye my friend, make sure Kenna knows I loved her... See you on the flipside..." Trsitan let out a final sigh as the life left his body.

Emils eyes stared at his friends body with disbelief.

"Tristan... TRISTAN!!!"

Emil opened his eyes.

The floating battlefield was falling apart around him. Josh had Scythe held by chains and a fading green ruinic symbol adorned the dragons chest.

"Hurry somebody!" Josh cried.

Emil tried to get up but he couldn't his body was too damaged.

All hope seemed lost whe suddenly a poison senbon lodged itself into the dragons chest. Stabbing its pressure point and causing the body to fall limp, it was dead.

It was Miharu and Kiroku, they began to speak, but Josh was finding it hard to hear them due to a ringing in his ears. As his Gandalfr core faded he felt his body shutting down. He willed and he fought and he prayed that he would stay alive and he somehow managed to keep himself going long enough to see the head of Scythes dead body lift up and roar, it wan't a roar of pain or fear, in fact there was no emotion at all in it.It was lifeless.

Suddenly, from the body, a large white light burst into appearence and a strange sense of nothingness came over the group as the ground beneath them broke apart.

Joshs eyes opened as raindrops fell on his face. Rubble lay all around him from the crashed floating island and a large draconic skeleton lay a few meters away.

They had won.

The others lay scattered around and it looked like the fall hadn't damaged them too badly.

Emil knelt on one knee a few feet away, his sword was sheated and he had a troubled look on his face. He held a large draconic scale, the size of a small sheil in his hands.

Josh tried to get up but pain shot through his body and he fell back down.

"I wouldn't advise that..." Emil said.

"Honestly Im surprised, theres only legends of Gandalfr core actually being used, let alone the user surviving the user surviving... however I suppose due to the fact you're human it makes sense." Emil opened his eyes.

"However if you can use it, theres a very strong posibility the others can aswell..."

Josh gasped with pain when he spoke, but he spoke all the same.

"Where are the others?" He asked.

"They went back to the cave a while ago..." Emil said his rain drenched hair hanging over his face.

"You're the last to wake up... you really wore yourself out, I said I'd stay with you till you woke up."

"There was no need..." Josh murmured.

"Yes there was." Emil said.

"Someones got to drag your sorry ass back to that cave and it was too dangerous to move you while you slept due to the fact that we didn't know if you were injured or not. However you seem to have gotten lucky this time..." Emil finished and walked over to Josh picking him up and throwing his arm over his own shoulder for support.

The two men walked in relative silence.

When they returned to the cave the first thing Josh looked for was Kenna, he saw her and she seemed Ok. The dragon had done its job and Josh let out a sigh of relief.

Adriel took Josh off Emil and began to heal his wounds using her own familiar abilitys, mere moments later the two began to talk.

"You never mentioned you were an elf... or more importantly a familiar... Im guessing you're the headmasters?" Josh asked as he felt his flesh knitting itself back together as Adriel healed him.

"You couldn't be more wrong..." Adriel said.

"Then who is your master?" Josh asked.

"I can't tell you..." Adriel murmured.

"Why not?" Josh persisted.

"Because he'd kill me if I did..." Adriel said her eyes getting wet with tears, Josh desperately wanted to know more but he decided it would be better if he said nothing.

As soon as Joshs wounds were healed he rushed towards Kenna and pulled her close, he kissed her passionetly on the lips. It seemed to last forever... even though he knew it lasted for only a few seconds. When he finished he pulled back blushing.

"Kenna... I... I'm sorry... I didn't..." Josh spluttered.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
"What's on your mind? Since we have this time, and Ben's asleep, we're alone to talk freely."

Miharu blinked. Although Kiroku had pretty much given his whole life story to her, she still felt fairly uncomfortable just blurting out what had happened in her past to Kiroku. She trusted Kiroku with her life, yes, but there is a difference between trusting someone with your life, and trusting someone with your life story and showing, telling them what events created yourself.

However, she was fairly saved from answering when she felt a sudden jolt. Miharu could tell that Kaida was in the area and her eyebrows furrowed.

"I think Kaida is here," she mumbled. "She would not come without me calling her if it was not for a good reason. Which means that they were probably losing their battle against who, or what, ever."

She glanced at Benjamin to assess his condition. After the alleged spy's healing, his skin was less pale and he seemed to be in less pain. He seemed to be at the health in which he would have been in a few days; it certainly didn't seem he was in danger at all.

With her decision made, she ran out of the cave.

Kiroku frowned as Miharu ran out. It wasn't so much that she left, but that she just left. Things didn't feel right. If it was true and the others were failing outside, then that must have been what he sensed and there was little time to waste. However... the fact sounded like more of an excuse. There was somethings that she wanted to keep hidden, and it was driving him mad... But he had to get going.

What about Benjamin? Surely he shouldn't just be left here alone. On the other hand, he couldn't be laying around on a battlefield. So then, should he be brought? Left behind? Left alone in a cave outside enemy territory? Brought to a dangerous battlefield? ... Bring-- Leave-- Bring-- "AHHHGH!!!! FORGET THIS!!!" Kiroku growled to himself and stamped his feet. He just ran out of the cave and joined Miharu. The kid would be fine... at worst they'd play the blame game and throw it on 'Mist' and Emil for running out on them.

"We are bad babysitters, are we not?" Miharu asked, Benjamin not with her familiar.

"We aren't his babysitters. And by the sound of how things are out here it's worse than back there," Kiroku said, then added sarcastically, "In fact, it sounds safer back in the cave. You go, I'll watch him."

"Nice try," Miharu said as Kiroku laughed to himself."Plus, he seems to be mostly healed," Miharu stated as an afterthought. "Which is quite nice."

Kiroku furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "He's healed already? No one heals that fast with a gunshot wound."

Miharu smiled at Kiroku, a tinge mischievous. "I will tell you later." No need to worry Kiroku about the alleged spy's healing abilities.

She glanced up and noticed Mist and him "holding" the main bad guy still, desperately holding on. Kaida noticed them and went down to them, both of them jumped on and flew up to the battlefield.

"Well, it is a certainly good thing we came out," she stated dryly, ice needles appearing from her hands. Miharu paused slightly, before the ice needles disappeared. She grabbed out a single senbon, a small circle with writing on it. "Mind passing along what you gained?"

Kiroku looked confused for a moment, before handing the Dragonsbane over.

Miharu smirked slightly, dipping the tip of the senbon into the vial and aiming at the pinned down man. "Bye." The senbon lodged itself into the rune. And that seemed to be it. With the quick strike into the rune the poison seemed to work twice as fast in shutting down all the systems of the body. If only he had made it easier for that dragon he slayed before... "Well, that's that," Kiroku said as he reclaimed the phial of Dragonsbane and put the cork back in place. Without much of a debate, he decided that he'd be the one to hold on to it and keep it safe. It could be useful again in later parts of this mission, so it was best to also keep it at the ready. A combination between it and the barbed chains inside the naginata could be an effective last resort, too..."Sorry we're late, guys, we were babysitting until we heard the call for help."

"Kiroku here wanted to stay in that cave. I believe he felt that it sounded scary out here," Miharu added, messing around with the context of her familiar's sarcasm.

"My honor's offended," Kiroku protested, sounding like he was in shock to the mere concept of the words. But he also had a tone that hinted that he knew it was a joke, "I'd run down of those things myself if I had to." Clearly in reference to the Elder Dragon.

Their bantering was fairly interrupted when the dragon..."exploded".

"Well, ****," Miharu managed to add in before the white overtook everything.

-x-

Miharu groaned slightly, wincing as she was sitting up. "Is everyone alive?"

Kaida rumbled from behind her; Kiroku groaned in response.

"What just hit me?" questioned Kiroku.

"The backlash of the poison, plus the rune against rune," Miharu stated dryly.

Emil and Mist were talking a bit away. She overhead what the alleged, although not quite alleged after all, spy's remark.

"So I was right, damn," she muttered.

She stood up, walking up to Adriel and whispered so only the "secretary" would hear her. "I know your master, and I know what your mission is. Are you really afraid of your own life that you would condemn everyone else?"

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Adriel winced and turned to Miharu.

"There is no possible way youcould know that... you may think you do but you don't... I know your type girl." Adriel stood standing up The small fire in the cave illumination the surrounding area.

"You lived a troubled life... raised yourself for some of it so your headstrong, afraid to let others in. You always think you know best and never listen to other opinion and usually only think of yourself in situations!" Adriel cried.

"You didn't even bother to find proof to back up your answer! Did you assume it because I was too ashamed to reveal my past, too ashamed to reveal myself as an elf and risk being cast aside in racist anger!!!" Adriel smacked Miharu across the face.

"Don't act like you know me you stupid little girl, you know nothing! Let alone anything about me..." Adriel walked to the caves mouth and stood outside.

She needed some air.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu glanced as Adriel left.

"If that is the power of her slap..." Miharu trailed off. It definitely wasn't as hard as her mother's and her mother didn't even do any physical training. For someone who shoots bows and arrows, she really was quite weak physically.

Although, Adriel did hit pretty close to the mark, well maybe half on the mark. She did raise herself for some of those years on the streets, although Kaida and her mage really helped a lot; they were better than her actual parents, after all. And she was afraid to let others in, but other than that, Adriel was just assuming things about Miharu that wasn't true. Miharu knew she was quite smart, even with her parents always degrading her. Her mind worked in different ways than others, which allowed her to be a bit more insightful and at the same time, empathetic a bit. However, she almost always made sure to listen to other opinions; she didn't believe in tyranny, she believed in democracy. If she laid out a plan on the table, she would always allow other people's criticisms to help shape plans and tactics.

As for thinking only of herself, that isn't true. If it wasn't for the fact that she was bonded to Kiroku, she wouldn't really care if she ended up dead during battle. It wasn't like she was suicidal, but she really didn't care much about her well being.

Plus, who said that she hadn't thought about telling the alleged spy about her "idea" before finding any proof. Miharu calculated the emotions behind Adriel's response. Anger, sadness, defensive, and perhaps a tinge of guilt? It would still need pondering, and Adriel should still be watched, but no need to actively drive her out.

"Excuse me," she muttered, before standing up and going after Adriel. Hopefully Kiroku wouldn't be too pissed off at Adriel slapping Miharu across the face.

She leaned on the cave wall a bit behind Adriel.

"I find racists annoying and idiotic," Miharu stated blandly. "I have never tried, and never will, to separate someone from myself just because of their race. I feel that every race has their own strengths and weaknesses. No one is as all-powerful as they might believe. As for the reason why I came up to you and said what I said, I wanted to see your reaction. Your slap could really use some more power, by the way. As for the reason I do not trust you, well, you have already been capable of lying to us once. The only one that probably would have shunned you because of your race would have been Emil, but he is a bastard anyways, so his opinion does not count. I still do not trust you, but I will not actively try to shun you because that is not how I roll. Also, I was perfectly fine with keeping my suspicions between myself, you, and my familiar, but then you just had to make a scene..." Miharu trailed off. "No, I do not understand how it is to be you, but each source of pain, although different, has a common link. Each circumstance might be different, but there is always a connection and similarities. You have been shunned by your race, the mages here have been shunned by our lack of abilities in the magical arts. Pain is a common thing, so common that it is the one thing that everyone shares. No one can ever understand another's pain at the same level they can understand their own pain. If I am wrong, sorry. If I am not wrong, well, I am not sorry, obviously. Just get me straight, I am not suspicious about you because of your heritage, I am suspicious about you because not only did you lie to us, but I am pretty mush suspicious about everybody. If there was one thing you were right about me, I did have to raise myself for quite a bit of time and I do not like to let others in. In everything else, though, you were wrong, just to let you know. Of course, if I was blind to my own faults, I probably would not know it anyways..."

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"Don't leave the familiars out, we've had our fair share, as well," Kiroku said, sounding suddenly right in front of them. He sounded a little aggravated, but not just because Miharu was slapped, but because she had said something about her past to Adriel before she even told him. It was more of a slap in the face than the real one his mage received. "Not only do we have to deal with the reputation of being lesser because we're "commoners," we have to get used to this new world. None of us chose to be here, but here we are. Imagine how some of us must feel to be mixed up in all this. And imagine what some of us might have went through back in our old lives."

He sighed as he folded his arms and stared at the ground. But then he looked up and walked closer to Adriel. Reaching out, he wrapped an arm around the elf and brought her in close. He seemed like he was about to whisper something, but he instead said it loud enough for Miharu to hear. "And I don't personally care what you are. Elf, Human, Dragon, nor whatever race of people live in this world," Kiroku added, a more dark aspect working into the small smile he made. He held the blade of his Naginata up to her chin, though he never touched let it make contact. "Slap Miharu again, or pull some kind of crap on us, and I'll personally **** you up so bad they won't be able to identify you as your race. I hope I'm making myself clear here."

There was no mistaking that he was being serious. Although, instead of keeping Adriel close to him until she agreed, he freed her without any further threats. Even he had a sense of when something's enough. He took a few steps away, out into the wilderness, before turning his head back to address Miharu. "I'll be taking a short walk. No worries, I'll be careful," Kiroku said, staring at both, "I'll be back, Miharu. Watch yourself, Adriel."

With that, he began walking off. Personally, he needed his own time alone.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"You don't know..." Adriel whispered.

"Anything about me..."

Adriel stood in the rain as Kiroku walked away.

"You say I was shunned by my people... thats not the case... that dragon came here looking for me... because Im the only thing it wasn't able to kill." Adriel closed her eyes taking herself back to that horrible day when her life changed.

"The dragon came in the dead of night looking for an easy meal. The village was set ablaze and my mother was devoured right before my eyes as my father picked me up and ran... we hid in a thicket a short walk away... and I could see my home burning and hear my friends and familys screams as they wereburnt or ripped apart... or both." Adriel winced.

"Scythe never liked to let prey escape so he sniffed us out. My father tried to fight him, but he was so easily thrown aside into the flames that he didn't live past the fifty second mark upon the dragons arrival. I cowered in the thicket, sobbing and whimpering. The dragons cruel laughter echoing around. He took in a large breath intending to burn me to death when.... a green light enveloped me and I appeared by the man who is now my masters side." Adriel had tears running down her face.

"I was only fourteen years old... my family had burnt to death before my eyes... my home was destroyed and everything I knew was gone." Adriel opened her eyes.

"I don't do what I do... because I'm afraid I might die, I do what I do because my master saved me from certain death and gave me the oppurtunity to see that bastard dragon dead... When an elf has their lives saved by another we are honour bound to that person. It is my duty as both elf and familiar to carry out my masters wishes. Adriel looked over her shoulder at Miharu.

"You don't know... anything."

Adriel walked back into the cave but stopped at the entrance.

"I know you don't trust me but believe me... we have my own reasons for saving the princess... and if you interfere with our plan..." Adriel winced and almost choked on guilt.

"I won't hesitate to kill you." Adriel walked back into the cave.

She had said what she had to say.

Emil stood at the back of the cave, adriel had healed his wounds pretty well. He was preparing for tommorow morning, it was roughly Nine PM and they were to head out at the crack of dawn that gave them only three hours of rest but they shouldn't really have been resting at all, the princess was in danger, but an exhausted and wounded rescue party wasn't going to save her.

He began to think, it seemed Adriel was an elf. There was alot of urban legends about elfs, but Emil didn't think much of them. After all they were just legends and in reality elves were meant to very kind, spiritual people. However they suffer racism out of fear of the legends and the elves unique style of magic. Nature magic however is mostly used for healing.

"Now lets see..." He said, looking in the supply bags.

Luckily the horses him and Josh had hijacked were carrying supplies, plus th bags could be used for their own supplies.

"This bag has the food in it, nothing much, just a few loaves of bread, some apples and some cheese, theres also some bottled water which is good." Emil said moving onto the next.

"This one is empty but it can be used to store equipment and such, I suppose I'll put this scale in here aswell..." Emil murmured looking at the large scale he had found in the rubble of the floating battlefield.

"There now theres arrows for Adriel, 50Cal bullets for Joshs gunblade, this wierd scale aswell as some healing ointments Adriel has wipped up..." Emil moved to the next bag. This bag contained weapons.

"Hmmmm... an engraved pistol, a musket, a broadsword and a shortsword. Could be useful Emil said taking the pistol and its holster. That was all there supplies they had, Emil began loading it onto the horses for the trip in the morning.

Benjamins eyes slowly opened, he felt really weak but not in any pain. He looked around to see he was in a cave with two horses, a group of people and a dragon. His leg felt kinda sore and he suddenly remembered what had happened.

He... had been shot! But it was a msitake, that guy, Josh was it? Had accidentaly shot him... but then he had been, nice. Benjamin had never been treated nicely before. He was a nothus.

Or was he? His master was dead so what was he now? He didn't know... a man wearing blue and whit armour with a griifin crest stood above him he had blode hair that stretched to just above his jaw. He was loading some bags on the horses.

"W... who are you?" Benjamin asked.

"W... who are you?" A small voice asked.

Emil looked down to see the nothus from before speaking.

"Shut up you filthy..."

"This thing is a little boy, who was tortured and mistreated by our enemies for quite some time I would assume! So you'd better shut your trap before I shoot your head!"

Emil stopped short as he remembered Joshs words. The boy... Benjamin was looking up at Emil with fear in his eyes. He was really just a little boy. Weren't Nothus' meant to be convicted criminals? This boy couldn't have commited any crime...

Emil felt a pang of guilt.

"I... I mean my name is Emil Landcroff, head of Tristeins royal guard... Ummmm... are you... feeling Ok?" Emil muttered awkwardly.

Benjamins eyes opened wide with surprise.

A noble? Asking him if he was ok? This was... strange.

"Im... Im fine..."

Emil just looked at the boy for a moment.

"Oh... Ok then..." Emil continued working on the horses leaving an awkward silence.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Kenna woke up and looked around the cave. She was so tired, using magic like that always weakened her. She had been healed but her body still felt burned and lifeless. She just stayed where she was and looked up at the cieling of the cave.

She had finally got her goodbye but she felt like she had lost her brother all over again. That made her feel empty. She didn't know where Josh was, she looked around and saw him getting healed. She gave a sigh of relief and closed her eyes. When she opened them again, Josh was by her side. They next thing she knew, he was kissing her. Kenna was shocked but then she kissed him back. When he pulled away, he was talking to her but Kenna could not make out what he was saying.

"Are you feeling alright." She whispered.

Josh nodded with a smile and sat down beside her. She grabbed his hand and held it for a long time. She tried to sit up but when she sat up, she had to lean on Josh because she was so tired.

"Where is Emil?" Kenna asked.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
(this is to catch me and -Nocturnal up so I'm bunnying his character a bit)

Adria was pale in Andre's arms unconscious and bleeding from the cut on her side. Even unconscious she was in a lot of pain not only physically but mentally as well from the memory she was reliving in her mind.

A tall man with dark blonde hair looked at his 16 year old daughter as she held her wand in hand. "Close your eyes and concentrate, let the chant come to you like it's natural" he said crossing his arms as he stared at his failure of a daughter.

"Y-Yes Father" Adria said shakily and closed her eyes, wand raised and aimed at the target in front of her. Taking a deep breath she started to speak the words of the chant praying on the inside for it to work. A minute passed after she finished the chant and still Adria had not opened her eyes.

Just as she was going to a hard smack hit her face making her fall to the floor a bruise forming on her cheek already "You failed again! Your never going to accomplish anything!" her father yelled going towards her angrily.

The next few seconds were a blur to Adria. One second her father was walking towards her and the next he was sent back with a blast of water. He looked at her from where he sat on the floor soaking wet. His face a mix of Anger, surprise and a little pride. He stood again and walked to her and Adria winced and whimpered expecting to be hit. But it didn't happen. Instead he helped her up "Go pack your bags" he said walking away leaving a frightened Adria standing there cring.

As this was going on in her head Andre looked at her worriedly and ran as fast as he could towards the cave. He spotted it and the others and went towards the entrance with a worried yell of "Help!"

(Now you know how Adria was sent to Tristein :) )

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"Are you feeling alright." She whispered.

"M...Me? I'm fine, I'm fine, Adriel sixed me up... but what about you? Are you..." Josh began.

"Where is Emil?" Kenna asked.

"Oh...he's over there..." Josh murmured looking downwards and gesturing to Emil.

"S... So you're sure you're..." Josh was cut off by another voice.

"Help!" It was Andre.

"Oh now what..." Josh sighed as he walked towards the entrance of the cave.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
While Josh was gone to see what was going on, Kenna walked over to Emil and rested her head on his shoulder. He stopped what he was doing and turned to face her. He smiled and rested his head on hers.

"I saw Tristan." Kenna whispered.

Emil just looked down at her wide eyed and nodded. She wanted to explain what had happened without going through heart break, but she could not find away to do that. She sighed and smiled sweetly at Emil. Just then, Josh came running back in and calling for help.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu was aghast.

"Oh kami-sama, can no one speak proper grammar around here? 'We have my reasons', I mean seriously!" exclaimed Miharu, albeit softly. "And a threat, how interesting." As to who(m?) she was talking to between Kiroku and Adriel, it wasn't known.

As for Adriel's life story, well, her life sucked. Seeing everyone that she lived with and loved die in front of her...Miharu could not even imagine seeing Kiroku or Kaida dying right in front of her. As for Kaida's mage...well, some things were better left forgotten.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when Andre and Adria ran up to the cave, well, more like Andre ran up to the cave with Adria in his arms, but that was just specifics.

Miharu narrowed her eyes and heard Mist coming to the entrance of the cave. "Mist, Josh, whatever, make yourself useful and grab some water and boil it. We will need some hot water in order to sterilize the wound. Andre, take Adria inside the cave and place her near the fire; preferably not on the direct ground. Place her on the side that does not have a cut, please. How long has she been bleeding and has the bleeding stopped at all? If it has not, the cut might be on a vein, and that would not be a good thing. For someone her age, the wound should have clotted about ten or so minutes after the wound was received. Come on, let us move!"

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"No need for any of that..." It was Adriel, she stood at the mouth of the cave she had a small healing potion in one hand and the ruins on her other were glowing.

"Now tell me Miharu... what are her symptoms?"

Blood stained Joshs knuckles. It had all happened so fast.

As Adriel walked out, Josh walked back in... only to find Kenna and Emil nuzzled up to each other.

H... He had only kissed her five minutes ago! Did that really not matter to her? Did it...? Josh felt a sudden anger rise in his stomach.

This was all that stupid ponces fault! If he would just back off then he could... well he could maybe... he didn't know but what he did know was that he was angry at Emil. He had then ran up and pulled Emil away from Kenna and puched him in the face. He had burst Emils lip and knocked him to the ground and blood had splattered on his knuckles.

Josh just stood there, bloodsatained knuckles still clenched in a fist and a lost look on his face.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu facepalmed. "Wow, I really need to remember that we have a healer.

"She seems to be rapidly losing blood, and not clotting as well." Miharu took a closer look. "And it seems that it might have cut into some of her muscle as well." Miharu glanced at her face. "She also seems to be in a lot of pain..." Miharu's eyes narrowed. "And not just the physical pain; she seems to be reliving a bad memory."

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku now sat on a branch of some fruit tree. Having seen it on his walk, he decided that it would be a good spot to hide out from any enemies as he ate something. He had forgotten about food this whole time, and he had to have something to eat. The tree grew some interesting pieces of fruit; they looked like crystals but felt like a peach. Examining one he plucked from the branch, the boy could only guess if it was ripe or not. And if it was safe to eat... "Tastes fine to me," he said after a hardy bite. It was more than fine; it was probably the best piece of fruit he ever had. It was very sweet, but didn't taste similar to any fruit he had before. He'd have to get used to the delicacies of this world now. He probably should have waited for some of the rations that were brought. But since his head didn't explode, he figured it was safe enough. He was helping to conserve what rations they had.

When he finished, the boy yawned as he rested his back to the trunk and held his weapon close. He didn't leave that long ago, but he was feeling a little lonely. Everything had been so chaotic that now that there was peace things were boring. Though he didn't want to return just yet. Miharu would be fine without him, and if she wasn't he'd know. Just in case, though, he'd stay relatively close to the cave. That would help if he got into trouble himself.

"Hey! Found one!" A voice sounded from underneath the tree. Kiroku hugged his weapon tighter as he sat frozen in place. Ohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap, Kiroku thought to himself. Looking down, he saw three guards standing underneath him. It made him even more tense, but then he realized that they weren't looking up. Instead, they were towering over something. Kiorku couldn't see, but he wasn't risking himself getting caught by trying to move.

"N-n-no, please!" a feminine voice sounded amongst them, an obvious sign of struggle sounding soon after. Kiroku watched as the guards lifted up a female back to her feet; she was trying her best to kick them as they restrained her. The boy looked at her in silence. He didn't recognize the silver hair nor green eyes, and she was wearing a set of casual clothes (No robes; not from the school. Maybe she was from a nearby village? ) but she seemed around his age. This better be a hostage situation; I'm not sitting through any-- oh thank god they slapped her, the boy thought as he saw the quick act of violence.

"There have been reports of intruders in these woods. Most of them are a bunch of teens like yourself!" one guard commanded, retreating his hand as he held his weapon to her forehead, "Now speak! Where are the others hiding?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about! I come to these woods all the time!" the girl protested, showing defiance even in front of a broadsword.

"Very well, we'll be taking you back to the Keep. You can answer us there," the same guard growled, motioning for the other two to follow him, "At least you'll have company; that princess might want some company."

"Royalty?! You people are insane!" the girl blared, disguising the sound of rustling leaves from overhead without realizing it.

"Ambush time!!" Kiroku cheered suddenly as he fell from the branch. Landing on the shoulders of the two guards restraining the girl, he bent down and used the girl's shoulder as support as he kicked out and nailed both the guards in the side of the head. His other arm lashed out with the naginata in hand. Everything came together in one fluent motion; Kiroku contorted his body in a forward flip to the ground as the two guards kicked in the head released the girl and fell to the ground stunned. At the same time, the third, disarmed guard unsheathed his second sword as the first flew off from the clash with the boy's weapon. The girl stared in confusion as Kiroku parried each one of the guard's swings and smacked the guard with the pole of his weapon in between them. This persisted for a few minutes. Kiroku could have got serious and finished it any time he wanted, but he was blowing off some steam. He wasn't about to scold Miharu for talking about personal events to a spy instead of him. "Tonight's just a night to slap someone silly!" Kiroku laughed as he dodged the next round of sword strokes. He couldn't feel the effects of his familiar ability activating, but he didn't need to. The enemies were already on the edge of defeat without the boy even trying. His final blow was a sucker punch he threw instead of his weapon. The guard took the hit and was knocked back and hit a tree on the way. He wasn't getting up any time soon.

"A bunch of light-weights," Kiroku sighed as he recomposed himself, "I'm already bored again..."

"Uhm... excuse me? But, who are you?" the girl asked, getting Kiroku's attention as he remembered why he dropped down in the first place. He laughed awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck casually.

"Sorry, I forgot you were there for a second! I might have enjoyed that a little too much," Kiroku said, smiling as he recounted the fight like it was a game, "Anyway, you can call me Kiroku. And you are?"

"Miku, and I suppose you're one of the teens that those men were talking about," the girl addressed herself, smiling to herself as she looked at the three guards on the ground, "I can see why they were worried, you're pretty strong to have beaten them without getting a scratch."

"Let's just say I'm feeling off," Kiroku said wisely as he looked around for other patrols, "So, you know those people?"

"Yes, they've been causing trouble for some time!" Miku pouted indignantly as she stamped her foot, "My village has had to serve those brutes for what seems like ages! They make us take food to their prisoners; me included. I feel so bad when I see those poor people begging for us to help them, but I can't say anything or else I'd join them in captivity! And that service entrance is terrible! It's so dark and cold--"

"Wait a minute, you know where their stronghold is? And you know a way in?" Kiroku asked, a smile slowly growing as the girl tried to continue her rant.

"Well, yes, everyone in the village knows where it is. We all take turns going through and feeding the prisoners-- hey! Wait, where are you taking me?!" Miku gasped as Kiroku grabbed her hand and started to rush off while pulling her behind him. She was so flustered that she didn't even protest like she did with the patrolling guards.

"To my friends! We need your help!" Kiroku said, running back to the cave with the utmost haste.

(OOC: I thought I'd provide some leads so we can get on with the mission. Aura, you can bunny Miku when they arrive so we can have the charaters start talking strategy. :p)

Years
((It's been a while since I've posted, so I'm just gonna bring Drag and myself to everyone else.))

Tobias arrives back at his room with Kita, who quietly sits on her pile of straw. Toby tries to massage his headache away, receiving minimal results. Kita quietly speaks up. "Master? Is there anything you need me to do?" Toby sighs, not even looking at her. "Don't call me 'Master', at least not when we're alone. Stay here, rest, and just try to make sense of things. I need to make a few stops." He leaves her on her straw, heading back downstairs.

He first stops by the hospital ward, which is full of patients. He is told to wait his turn, but instead grabs a few bottles from a nearby shelf and leaves. He reads the lables as he heads towards the library. He grabbed a sleeping potion, a migraine cure potion, and something labled a "Hyper-Energy Elixer". He quickly drinks the entire migraine potion, his headache evaporating. He is left lightly light-headed, and almost stumbles into a couple of girls talking about a duel. Toby ignores them as he enters the library.

---Hours pass...---

Toby returns to his room, waking Kita. "Come on, Kitten. We're leaving the school."

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
"Don't call me 'Master', at least not when we're alone. Stay here, rest, and just try to make sense of things. I need to make a few stops." With those words, Toby leaves, and Kita is by herself in the tower. After he leaves, she makes a brief protest. "Hey!" She then quiets back down, looking around the room.

She goes through his drawers, checking for anything of interest, but finding little. "He literally has seven sets of the same outfit. Bor-ing!" She digs through her straw pile and through his bed, but finds nothing here either. "Now what? Rest?" She remakes the straw pile, then grabs Toby's blanket and pillow from his bed. She lays the blanket on top of the straw, laying on top of it. Propping her head on the pillow, she tries to sleep, but her mind is busy with questions on her supposed "familiar power". "Doesn't seem very familiar to me. I have no idea what he's on about."

Several dull hours pass...

Toby returns, waking Kita from her dazed stupor. "Come on, Kitten. We're leaving the school." Kita jumps up, confused. "What? Why? What's going on?"

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Emil said nothing just stood up and stared at Josh, Josh stared back.

"You... why would you just hit me randomly.... why do something like that?" He asked.

"It is dishonourable."

Josh just winced.

"I... I was jealoous Ok!" Josh cried.

"Jealous of you two..."

"If I am the man she chooses... then you should respect that.... it's a sign of honour. I'd do the same for you." Emil said.

"Look I'm not from here, where I'm from you're meant to fight for those you care about, because you care about them!"

Emil looked at Josh with a confuse look.

"But if you care about them... then why not admit defeat and give them what they want..." Emil whispered.

Josh thought for a moment.

"Because I can't.... I can't give up until my body and soul can't go any longer... I can't simply throw it all away over something like that... even though I want those I care about to be happy.... I can't just sit back and watch them leave. I've got to show I care about them by fighting to get them back! This, if anything shows that I care about them... where I come from this is honour..."

Emil sighed.

"If you truely wish to show me your honour..." Emil threw down his guantlet.

"Then prove it strengthens your resolve."

Josh picked up the guantlet.

"Time we settled that rematch."

"Alright then...." Adriel contemplated the symptoms.

"I need you to smear this over the effected areas." She said handing the healing potion to Andre.

She turned to Miharu.

"Go get something to eat... it takes alot of energy from both caster and casted to do this.

Adriel placed her hand over Adrias forehead and released magic energy into it. It was up to Adria to pull herself out of her own memories.

Josh and Emil stood face to face swords crossed in a hardened dirt clearing in the forest. The two simply nodded as the rain poured around them. Then it began.

Emil struck with his sword.

Josh blocked and span slicing back but Emil jumped out of the way. He launched ice crystals at Josh but Josh simply sliced through them with his gunblade then shot at Emil.

Emil used water to further luanch himself into the air and then shot with his pistol, injuring Joshs leg. This was a proper duel so Josh and Emil would fight to the death. Suddenly Joshs body couldn't move... as if invisible hands were holding him down.

Emil smirked.

"Foolish servant, Im a triangle class water mage who can bind even the rain to his will! Lets see you're resolve save you know!"

It was true the rain itself was holding Josh down, he tried to move but the rain began to constrict and crush his body.

Josh felt it was over, but he suddenly felt Kennas precense near by. He focused and thought.

*If I truly have any power in my body, let it flow through me now... I can't loose... I can't lose to him!"*

Josh felt a small ammount of movement return to him.

"If its what it takes, I'll repel the very elements of nature to defend what I beleive...... PSYCHAE NECTUNT!!!!" In a flash the rain burst off of Josh and his Gandalfr cores light seemed to sheild himself from the rain itself.

Emil looked shocked... but he knew this was the power of Gandalfr core.

"Come then servant lets put that power to the test!" Emil charged at Josh glowing with blue light.

The two men clashed swords multiple times, the limits of their power drawn out.

Emil got the upper hand and launched Josh back, about to finish him off. When a chain grapped his arm and threw him up into the air.

Josh jumped up above him and in mid-air and aimed his gunblade at Emil.

"Do you feel yet Landcroff?! My honours strength?!" Josh pulled the trigger and a chain infused with dark energy drove itself into Emil and pushed him into the ground at full speed. He hit hard and Josh landed beside him.

Josh fell to his knees and lifted his sword above Emil. Emil smiled and closed his eyes, ready for his fate. When Joshs sword drove itself into the ground inches from his face.

Josh stood up.

"My... honour... isn't so... cruel..." Josh walked a few meters before collasing to the ground.

Using the limits of Gandalfr core twice in a row was much too much for a normal body to handle.

Josh was dying.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Emil was on the ground waiting for Josh's next move, but Josh just simply walked away and fell to the ground. He looked really hurt and weak, Kenna knew he was dying. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Emil get up. He grabbed his weapon and started to charge for Josh once more.

Before Kenna knew it, she was running. She slid in next to Josh just before Emil's weapon hit. It sliced down Kenna's back and she cried out in pain. She gasped for breath and looked down at Josh. He looked really shocked but Kenna only smiled. Behind her, Emil feel to his knees.

"Aren't you the one who is supposed to save me?" Kenna teased Josh before leaning on him for support.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"K....Kenna... " Josh murmured.

She fell attempting to lean on Josh but he was already on the ground so she fell.

Emil was on his knees.

"I... I didn't mean to... I was just so angry... I...." He murmured.

Josh didn't care what Emil was saying he just scrambled over to Kenna pulling his limp body across the rain drenched ground.

"K...Kenna..." Josh felt his body weakening.

He felt his arms drop, he couldn't pull himself any further. He was inches from death... when an arrow hit him in his back. An obsidian tipped arrow.

Joshs eyes immediately turned chaos red and he screamed with all his might. He felt time slow down around him and a single crystaline red heart appeared before him. It was constantly reforming and destroying itself, utter chaos.

It moved towards Josh as he felt his body begin to malform and contort. He looked at Kenna... she just lay there, her body was frozen in this timeless world. But just seeing her gave Josh the courage to fight back. He pulled out his sword and was about to strike when chains raised from the ground and formed a protective sheild around him, as the chaos hearts light was blocked by the gunblade of chains through power it retreated into the darkness and Joshs body began to return to normal.

Josh however felt a burning sensation on his ruin hand and underneath the ruinic letters a symbol with a round surface and two hands appeared. The larger hand stayed at the top while the smaller one appeared to have moved slightly forward, the equivalent of two on a clock. Josh just stared at his hand as the arrow in his back disapeared and the chains from his blade withdrew themselves as time began to resume.

A lone figure watched from the shadows.

"It's not your time yet Joshua... not yet... my son."

When time resumed Josh had gained a new lease of light. He pushed Emil aside and picked up Kenna, she was bleeding badly from the back.

"K...Kenna! Come on hang in there.... I don't know what to do... I... I... this is all my fualt if I hadn't have been jealous... then none of this..." He said tearfully.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Kenna smiled up at Josh. She was not sure what had just happened but she did not care. She sighed and relaxed in his arms. Josh was ranting about something and that only made Kenna smiled more, she even tried to laugh but she could not bring herself to do so.

"I will be fine, don't you worry." Kenna grinned.

Josh didn't seam convinced. He just tightened is grip around her and that made Kenna sigh. She didn't feel any pain. She took a quick look at Emil, he was still on his knees. It was no ones fault, Kenna had just wanted to save Josh.

She had no idea what she was going to do about the two of them though. Emil was like a third dad to her ever since Tristan had died and she had not known Josh for that long. She shouldn't think about that now. She looked up at Josh and he smiled down at her. It was her turn to make a move, she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him as passionately as she could while she was in pain.

Back