• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Java] PokeNation 2012 - A new Pokemon MORPG

Years
Nice, love to see that this game really makes some good progress. Me and six of my friends are ready to play this. :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
New backgrounds filling the whole battle screen are coming soon :)

Also on wild battles we can't show a "opponent party", so I think small pokedex info about the wild pokemon can be placed in the side column.

6Pc61.png

(Just messing around with polish civil(pokenation developer) :p)

or without columns:

mKiCm.png

Last edited:

Prof Oakley

JourneyofPossibilities Creator
Years
I really like seeing the party in the columns. I also like it without, but then the spaces on the sides look weird? Just the way it is with the HP bar and such, it seems cramped on top and awkward.

I vote columns, but maybe taking the columns off when the moves are being done. Like after you choose the move you want to use (or item), the columns disappear and the move animations are shown, then it comes back when you choose your next move?

I don't think you should see pokedex information on a wild pokemon unless the info is already in your pokedex, maybe if you haven't caught the pokemon yet it says something like, "Not much is known about this pokemon." or "Catch this pokemon to learn more about it."

To sum up my opinion: I like the columns better, but the wild pokemon showing the dex information should only be shown if you have already caught it.

Really excited to play this game though, I hope I can soon (even if it's just a teensie taste).

MegamanDX

Pokemon/Megaman fan
Years
I have to say that i'm really suprized how fast development this project has been...

Im usually not a fan of MMO's because I perfer to install games on my computer due to the fact that most of the time,I dont have Internet access 'hence cant play em if you don't have internet access...But how the game looks and gameplay...I might actually give this a try...

I like this because this looks like what The Pokemon Company would make if they ever made a MMO....Seriously,this a really REALLY REALLY really epic game and this guy wish to play it when development finishes for it!!!

Back