• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Much Time do you Spend Gaming?

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Every one of us has had a game that you simply can't put down. Whether it be an online game or an app, you play it every second you can, and try to complete it late into the night. Some of us are less like that, and have specific times in the day for gaming. How much time do you spend gaming? When do you play the most? Have you ever been addicted to game, and if so, what game and why? I'd like to hear everyone else's stories and opinions. How long do you think people should play per day?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't really have a specific time for gaming. I play games whenever I have free time. I usually play a game for an hour or two, and if it's addicting, I play for three hours. I honestly can't play any longer than that. xD I've been addicited to plenty of games before. When I was a child, I was addicted to Pokémon. As a teen, I was addicted to Call of Duty. Now, thanks to a certain friend of mine, I'm currently addicted to Fire Emblem. In my opinion, it should be fine if people play games one to three hours a day. Anything longer than that could be bad for you mentally and physically, one way or the other~

Altair1

Willpower
Years
My addiction to video games (mainly Pokemon) comes and goes, right now it's pretty high in anticipation for the X & Y release! I work 5 days a week, which takes anywhere from 33 - 50 hours, of my time. Monday and Tuesdays are my days off, so I spend all that time gaming, I also try to get in a couple of hours before and after work.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i don't have time set to play. i just play whenever i have time or i'm in the mood.
maybe 5-10 hours a week at most?

Years
Short answer? Too much.

Long answer? I spend roughly 35-40 hours playing video games per week (according to Steam, which doesn't count Pokemon and/or other non-Steam games I play), and probably closer to 60-70 hours during the summer since I have no school during that time.

Whenever I get a new game (usually one I'm REALLY excited to get), I dedicate hours on end to playing that one game. Sometimes my interest in a game, which I already own, gets re-ignited and I play that for hours at a time. That happened to me with Pokemon, once Black/White 2 came out.

Years
I'd say I clock in an average of 4 hours a day on Football Manager which can be supplemented by up to 10 hours of any other game (usually around 1-2). When it's term time at at school, I'll spend pretty much all the time I have on games otherwise I feel my day is wasted doing something less fun.

Years
I probably spend far more time playing than I should, which pleasures me, and I think I do well to maintain my health by playing sports every other day. Normally, I play 6+ hours a day, and possibly more than that when I have just purchased some games. I only have real problems when I'm addicted to a game, I wake up early and go to sleep late which really isn't good but it's so hard to put the controller down sometimes. Even so, I've had no problems and it hasn't had an effect on me (yet).

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I spend at most 10 -12 hours a week playing games. I used to be able to play for many hours a day but now I can only do an hour or two session per day. I seem to be losing my video gaming motivation :(
Even the two most recent games that I bought during late July have only been played a combined total of 5 hours... The time when I usually play my games is at night, a couple of hours before I'll go to sleep.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I don't set an amount of time, but it usually totals up to a couple of hours each day. Sometimes I'll spend the entire day playing osu!, but I haven't played a normal game for an extended period of time in years.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
osu! is kind of a drug to me, so I play that for at least 30-60 minutes a day. I also need to play New Leaf for roughly the same amount daily.

It fluctuates daily, but when I go back to school I'm going to need to set limits again.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I play at least one game a day, even if it's just getting the daily stuff in Animal Crossing New Leaf for ten minutes. Over the course of a week, on average, I'd say I play at least 15-20 hours if I have school and a moderate amount of homework.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
My gaming time is absolutely random =D
If there's a game I'm absolutely addicted to I feel the need to finish it as soon as possible, I'm able to play it for 12 hours per day.
If I just want to play for fun, I play roughly 6 hours a day =)

Years
I'd say on average my gaming goes to 2-3 hours per day collectively with my 3DS, but lately it's only been for me to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf, since I cannot seem to drop my addiction with that game at all.

Years
3 hours a day, 4 in the weekends, none on wednesdays. I'm kinda hooked to Gmod, because i use it for making Deviantart screenshots. On my DSi, i nearly always play Soulsilver. I haven't been able to get a 3DS yet, but i'm getting a holiday job soon enough, wich means, new PC, 3DS, and pokemon X soon enough

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I normally spend around 2-4 hours a day gaming, it all depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm too exhausted from work and just wanna relax and play a casual game for a while or I have a day off and spend most of the day gaming >_> !

I know for a fact that since I'm working and exercising more, my time gaming has decreased dramatically. When I was out of work sometimes I would game 8-12 hours a day. My life was spent waking up, playing games, eat meals, go back to gaming and then sleep, rinse and repeat for a few months X_X !

Back