• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Novelty Pokemon Mafia

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Oooh is this a competition I smell?

bunny-eating-popcorn-o.gif

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
My kind of challenge. *cracks knuckles*

The Execution

There was once a village, happy and prosperous, where Granbull strolled content, sniffing the trees and watering the fire hydrants, where Crobat showed their Golbat and Zubat children how to find the fattest and juiciest Snorlax to drain of all its blood. Flocks of Chatot sang One Direction music on constant repeat from every tree adorning the street corners. Lampent lit the streets, Chandelures the homes, and Volbeat and Illumise the fields, giving the nighttime visage of the town an eerie yet cheerful appearance of Halloween Night, in whose light danced the Duskull, Haunter, and Banette.

But one day, a mischievous Castform ruined everything. Having received a gun from a confused, drunk Delibird, he delighted himself by shooting the first pokemon he saw. The poor Ditto, who lay on the street bleeding pink goo, was well beloved by the young and old alike for its revelry in mimicking any pokemon, from becoming a Quilladin volleyball for the beach parties to making the children's' eyes go wide with displays of elegance in the form of Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

An Aggron and Tyranitar knocked the smoking gun from the Castform's grasp, cuffed him, and brought him to trial. And old, wizened Electivire, with long white whiskers and a gnarled oak staff charred by lightning, presided over the trial, while the whole town stood jury. Many a Mean Look and Nasty Plot bent their malice towards the Castform, who trembled and felt terror at the sight of the mob. One Oshawott threw its shell at the Castform, leaving a long gash across its fleshy white face.

"I - I didn't mean it, honest!" the Castform shouted. "I just wanted to kill the bad guys, all those Raichus, Bulbasaurs, and Squirtles that bully us!"

"Silence!" roared the Electivire. "Now, who shall represent the prosecution?"

A hulking Feraligatr, cramped into a luxurious suit with its stitching stretched to the breaking point, waddled forward, stepping slowly to minimize the strain on his creaking pants.

"I do, your honor," the crocodilian reptile said mildly. "The accused, Bard the Castform, stands here as the prime and only suspect of the shooting of our beloved Golgari, who we all fondly remember for his antics as a drunken Bidoof, or perhaps standing in for a mail carrier when our resident Unfezant fell ill. And now, he is gone, stricken down by the bullet fired by the gun belonging to Bard.

The crowd murmured angrily once the Feraligatr stepped back, and the stares upon the Castform redoubled themselves in intensity. Perspiration fell like rain from Bard's brow.

"And the defense?" asked the Electivire?

A Wobbuffet waddled forward, wearing pink lipstick smeared across its face and four polished black Hugo Boss shoes. The Castform stared plaintively at this one bastion of his defense as it approached the Electivire.

The Wobbuffet cleared her throat and spoke. "I stand for the defense, and I find no way of defending him, save that he may be rendered insane by some defect of his brain, or the control of some ill-meaning Malamar. However, seeing that no Malamar are present, and this Castform clearly doesn't have a brain to begin with, I find no reason to doubt his guilt."

"Then," Electivire said, slamming his staff on a stone and making a hollow thunk that rang through the town, "I see no reason to proceed with this folly. By Keldeo, Herald of Justice all across the land, I pronounce Bard the Castform guilty of second degree murder."

The Feraligatr rose its clawed hand into the air so fast it tore the sleeve off of its suit. "Wait a moment, judge, I object!"

The Electivire gave him a bemused look. "What reason does the prosecution have to object to a guilty verdict?"

"I object to the sentence. Surely, this was a planned murder, meriting the first degree."

The Electivire looked troubled. "Surely not! He had scarcely gotten the thing before he shot it. Why, if the defense were more energetic, he might get away with a charge of manslaughter."

The crowd, following the Feraligatr's intent, started to chant, "First! First! First! First!"

The Electivire, overwhelmed by voices calling for blood, sighed, and changed the verdict.

"In the name of Keldeo, I judge Bard the Castform guilty of first degree murder, the penalty of which is death."

The crowd roared in approval. No sooner than the words passed from the Electivire's lips did a chopping block appear, as if by magic, from the crowd. A Jigglypuff sang his final requiem, lulling him into the sleep before death, and then the headsman, a Nidoking decorated with rugged brown scars across its arms, lumbered forward, hefted an enormous notched axe over his head, and brought it down onto Bard's head, splitting him into two and spilling white mist on the ground.

And everyone else lived happily ever after.​

EDIT: also, [Lynch] Salzorrah because I would like to live to reap the rewards of this contest, should I win it.

Bard pls I already unvoted you. Go bother some other Pokemon like say HyperMorian, who still hasnt given any explanation and jumped on the Gunner wagon smh

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
I don't think I can compete with Bard's competition entry. Maybe if it wasn't nearly 4am and I didn't also have a lab report to write tomorrow.

I see Gunner's reasoning here, apparently Hyper's reasoning for voting Gunner was because she was the "second suspect" after Bard, but tbh it did just look like he was following Alex on that one. [Lynch] HyperMorian

Years
I could compete with Bard but I've done nothing but write stories all week and don't see that changing in the near future lmao. Anyway, I can agree with the logic behind the Morian vote.

[Lynch] HyperMorian

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Oh yeah, forgot to add some reason toward my vote.

From the looks of your initial vote, it indeed looked like either you're lazy or busy to give another piece of reason why did you vote for him. Alex's reason is the most plausible thing here, you could always be just trying to get away without anyone questioning you. Admittedly, some of us did the same when we have no clear leads, then when she unvoted him, she slipped past way too easily as in granted another chance and now they're just bandwagoning over me. So to speak, why me?

With the cop being dead already, Bard claiming to be the Castform, we're trying to get the CC to come over and say that he/she was the actual one and we'd jump back onto the part where we left on--which is lynching Bard. But it's been a while and no one has really came to say it, making us believe that it was just a mistake.

If there's anyway to say that you're innocent, why don't try to claim a role and see what happens? I'm unconvinced either way, for my vote remains like that.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Well I can't really compete with Bard but I still need to need to put up a story. Sorry in advance for it probably being kinda bad. Also sorry for it being kinda long.

Spoiler:

...Should I make it shorter or... I'm not really sure how long these are supposed to be. According to sources on the internet it technically fits but... ~_~

Oh yeah I should probably vote too. Sorry about sheeping along; I spent all my energy on that story. ><

[Lynch]HyperMorian

wait... was the story thing mandatory or... I honestly thought it was I'm so sorry ;~;

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Hey bard you say all the starter pokémon are against the village, but you have a feraligatr in the legal industry?

Years
[UNVOTE]Bardothren

I'll go with Alex's initial reasoning and [VOTE]Salzorrah

Also, slight fos on Gimmepie and Nightkrow. This counterwagon raised some alarms, it seems coordinated.

Please, I would not do something that obvious.

I was never alarmed by Gunner in the first place because she hasn't acted any different to the usual and nobody has CCd Bard so I believe him for now. The logic for Morian seemed fair so I went with it.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm really not too sure what to think honestly. Though I know I'm tired and we're not allowed to abstain from voting, so I'll follow my gut with this since quite frankly I have no idea how anyone acts.

[VOTE]Salzorrah

This is probably gonna screw me over hgkljfglkf

Years
Here is all of his posts this day phase - you can see how much they're coasting on what others are saying and not contributed to any conservations on roles, much on bard or anything else.

Can't deny that this is some seriously lazy play.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
Oh yeah, forgot to add some reason toward my vote.

From the looks of your initial vote, it indeed looked like either you're lazy or busy to give another piece of reason why did you vote for him. Alex's reason is the most plausible thing here, you could always be just trying to get away without anyone questioning you. Admittedly, some of us did the same when we have no clear leads, then when she unvoted him, she slipped past way too easily as in granted another chance and now they're just bandwagoning over me. So to speak, why me?

With the cop being dead already, Bard claiming to be the Castform, we're trying to get the CC to come over and say that he/she was the actual one and we'd jump back onto the part where we left on--which is lynching Bard. But it's been a while and no one has really came to say it, making us believe that it was just a mistake.

If there's anyway to say that you're innocent, why don't try to claim a role and see what happens? I'm unconvinced either way, for my vote remains like that.
I haven't finished catching up completely, but I need to jump in right here because omg this post

First off, "oops, I forgot to add reasons for my vote!" ...really?

So the argument is that Gunner is scum somehow hiding behind "lazy" reasons for voting Bard and initiating the Bard-wagon? I don't think so. And Alex's reason is certainly not the most plausible thing here, in fact I think he should be explaining further. Actually, I think Alex's reasoning is kind of shitty. I think Gunner's reason to vote Bard was clear in #105, and having played in the other game she's referring to I can understand where she's coming from, even though her vote may have been misguided and partially clouded by the fact that Bard shot the cop.

I also don't see how you can say Gunner went unnoticed after taking her vote off Bard, when there's still people that voted her even after the fact. I can see her reasoning for voting you too in #130, and actually kind of agree. Your #122 is just a small bit about why a CC is good, then a bunch of filler/speculation on Wobuffet and then a vote for Gunner (which you then say in this post "oh yeah, forgot to add reasons!")

And then you try to ask Gunner to claim here, which sounds rolefishy as hell

EDIT: Also, "you could always be just trying to get away without anyone questioning you" is just so bad because anyone that thought this literally could have asked her directly about it at the time when she had actually voted

I'd like to make my next catch up post first but currently thinking you wouldn't be a bad vote here

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Due to the server issues earlier today, and me being out now, the phase will be extended by two hours, and will now end at midnight BST.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back