• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

And given its popularity, it'll almost certainly get a second season. Or maybe Kanna's spinoff manga will get an adaptation. Or...something.

Years
Where the heck is my Dragon Maid official merch. I would love to see Tohru and Kanna Nendoroids or something...

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
It feels kind of distressing for some reason when your favourite anime is about to end and you really like them and wish they ran for more than 1 cour...

It's alright bruv, you'll find a new seasonal waifu to dote over and make a new forum avatar.

I wish Saekano's spinoff manga with Utaha gets an adaptation.

I'm thinking of watching dragon maid and kemono friends as those were quite popular.

Years
A Certain Scientific Accelerator when.

Better be getting one in 2018. That or the next parts to Index or Railgun.

Where the heck is my Dragon Maid official merch. I would love to see Tohru and Kanna Nendoroids or something...

Patience. There'll probably be at least one or two within 6 months or so.

I wish Saekano's spinoff manga with Utaha gets an adaptation.

I'm thinking of watching dragon maid and kemono friends as those were quite popular.

That would be a pretty fun one to see adapted.

I've yet to watch either of those, myself.

pkmin3033

Better be getting one in 2018. That or the next parts to Index or Railgun.
QL3rg.gif

pkmin3033

You're speaking my language and talking dirty to me in it at the same time.

Ywqre7J.jpg
When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the Master.

54ee8891286bc3f9e0fff988f9a07b6c7cb1aea8_hq.gif

I'm still a little surprised at just how much I enjoyed the Index/Railgun series, actually. The movie left a lot to be desired, but it's one of those rare series where I felt that they developed both the characters and the world more than enough to satisfy, especially when watched together. We just need...more. More of all of it. Surely the LNs must be far enough ahead by now for at least a 12/13 episode season...

pkmin3033

I wish they'd stop treating anime solely like promotional material for manga/LNs, it's a media in its own right and deserves due care and respect.

I'm not one of those people who is enticed to check out other related material because I enjoyed something though, which I suppose puts me in the minority again. Ugh.

Also, they really need to make a third season of Nisekoi now that the manga has ended; that was one of my favourite romantic comedies from a couple of years ago. Second season felt pretty rushed to be honest. It'd be nice if that last quarter of the Rozen Maiden manga was adapted into anime too...even if that manga ended terribly.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Nah, you're not in the minority, really. I think the only anime I've seen that's made people jump to the source material en masse was Jojo, but other than that it's actually a pretty vocal minority who follow the source material after watching the show. Well, it happens more in the case of manga than Light Novels

Well, this is moreso the case in the West for availability reasons.

But I agree. I don't watch the anime to test the waters to read the source, I watch the anime to WATCH THE FUCKING ANIME. They may be the same series but the experiences are wholly different and I want the one I picked. I picked it for a reason.

Not saying the source isn't good but you /are/ effectively appealing to a different audience. And when your show is called Trigun or Fruits Basket or Index then you miiiiiight just wanna keep appealing to that fanbase by producing more of the existing material and letting that money keep on flooding through.

pkmin3033

It seems to me that half the time people are comparing anime to manga/LNs and complaining about it; it's the Japanese version of comparing the books to the movies...another thing I don't personally subscribe to, because totally different media.

I guess I'm annoyed that the two are often tied together because it means anime gets the short end of the stick...quite often, manga never gets fully adapted into anime, so you get these amazing anime that are forever unfinished or unresolved just because their source material isn't popular enough. They're never going to fully adapt Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, to name one I'm especially bitter about.

I don't see why they can't deviate from the source material more often if they won't make a second season, or if the source itself is nowhere near completion. I mean, the original Fullmetal Alchemist established its own identity once it ran out of source material, and in a lot of ways I actually prefer it, especially for the emotional connection various cast members (homonculus especially; Sloth was MUCH better than Sloth in Brotherhood) had with one another.

It ended awfully, sure, but my point is that it can be done. Second season of Rozen Maiden did the same thing; Barasuishou wasn't even in the freakin' manga and she put on an amazing show, and Kirakishou showed up at the end of the second season anyway. Then there are the manga-based shows that practically exist on filler in between major plot arcs and are STILL popular...some would even say the anime-only filler is BETTER than the source material! You get some truly terrible stuff - like that godawful Garlic Jr. Saga in DBZ, and what the hell was Incognito in the original Hellsing meant to be - but then, the same can be said of manga and LNs.

...and you can make OVA series later to properly adapt the series anyway.

pkmin3033

...I could probably make a replica of that myself with a cheap store yellow mug and some red paint. xD

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Speaking of dead threads, the MAL sharing thread seems to be pretty dead, too.

Dragon Maid merch, eh? Kind of a shame that Tohru's tail is unlicensed, but still...

pkmin3033

I use MAL to keep track of what I've watched, but I don't update it with episode counts etc...too much effort.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I didn't even know we have a MAL Thread. Then again, I only just opened up an account about a month ago. Now if only I could remember all the series I watched a couple years ago...

pkmin3033

I had that problem...I forget to add a couple of Ghibli movies until very recently. One of them was Princess Mononoke, and that's my third or fourth favourite, which just goes to show how forgetful I can be.

I'd love to use the "I've seen too many anime!" line as an excuse, but I only just hit 300, so...yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back