• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yes, it is possible that Reshiram can help you beat the game. Don't pit it against Ghetsis' Hydreigon though, as even at Level 54 Hydreigon is likely to outspeed it and kill it with Dragon Pulse. N's Carracosta and Archeops may give Reshiram problems too.
It still can help you against N's Zekrom.
Reshi is pretty good addition to the team.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
N's Zekrom's Giga Impact can possibly make a huge dent in Reshiram though, and vice versa for N's Reshiram's Hyper Beam on Zekrom...

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Right, here's my question: On the DS can you get more than one breeding move on one Pokemon? I tried to get a Scraggy to learn three breeding moves from three different Pokemon: Dragon Dance (from Axew), Drain Punch (from Mienfoo) and Zen Headbutt (from Munna). However, it could only learn one of these moves. If that's true then I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Right, here's my question: On the DS can you get more than one breeding move on one Pokemon? I tried to get a Scraggy to learn three breeding moves from three different Pokemon: Dragon Dance (from Axew), Drain Punch (from Mienfoo) and Zen Headbutt (from Munna). However, it could only learn one of these moves. If that's true then I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Egg Moves can only be passed down by a father. So unless the dad can learn all three of those attacks, only one will pass on every time.

Like, in B2W2 its possible to get an Earth Power/Dark Pulse Deino from an egg since both are available as Move tutors and a few Pokemon that Deino can breed with learn both that way. In B/W this was impossible as Pokemon that learned Earth Power couldn't learn Dark Pulse

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

To make things easier, Smeargle belongs in the same egg group as Scraggy. A male Smeargle can Sketch Dragon Dance, Drain Punch and Zen Headbutt, then breed with a female Scraggy/Scrafty. Zen Headbutt and Drain Punch are also move tutor moves in B2/W2.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
A male Smeargle can Sketch Dragon Dance, Drain Punch and Zen Headbutt, then breed with a female Scraggy/Scrafty.

That's so cool! {D:} But it's hard to even find Smeargle let alone try to sketch the moves you want him to learn. Anyway, thanks to both for the advice.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I bought an unlocked Black 2 from Ebay it stated it comes with unlocked legendaries all starters and shineys, but where would I find them? They arent in someones PC.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I bought an unlocked Black 2 from Ebay it stated it comes with unlocked legendaries all starters and shineys, but where would I find them? They arent in someones PC.

Unfortunately it sounds like you got scammed. In addition, even if they were there, they probably would have been hacked in with illegitimate methods anyhow. It sounds like you bought a normal copy for more than you should have :( Try taking it up with the seller, though seeing as how they deal in shady things I doubt you'll get any sort of resolution :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Coming back to Pokemon (Black 2), last played Blue... Questions.

I am slowly getting ahold of all the new stuff, as I said the last Pokemon game I really played was Blue.

I would really like to find a way to get the original 151 Pokemon from Gen I, but my understanding is that they aren't in Black 2. I thought I read somewhere that you could use the GTS to trade for Pokemon that you haven't seen in Black 2, but so far this isn't the case.

How do I "see" the original Pokemon if they aren't in the game so that I may trade for them? Also, seems like a lot has changed since 1999... You can breed now? Any general tips for basically a fresh, new, player?

Oh and, how do you avoid "hacked" Pokemon? I would like to stay as legit as possible.

Years
I would really like to find a way to get the original 151 Pokemon from Gen I, but my understanding is that they aren't in Black 2.
Not necessarily. Not all of the original 151 are in the regional Dex, but some of them are in Black 2. You'll have to beat Iris (the champion) in order to get all 151 Pokémon into the game. :)

I thought I read somewhere that you could use the GTS to trade for Pokemon that you haven't seen in Black 2, but so far this isn't the case.
You can use the GTS, or any other way to trade!

How do I "see" the original Pokemon if they aren't in the game so that I may trade for them?
Like I said above, there are some of the originals in game already, but to unlock them all you need to get the national Pokédex. ;)

Also, seems like a lot has changed since 1999... You can breed now? Any general tips for basically a fresh, new, player?
Ditto is universal and can breed anything (except for legendaries and some others in the no-egg group). However, you cannot get a female Pokémon out of a male bred with Ditto, because Ditto is genderless.

Oh and, how do you avoid "hacked" Pokemon? I would like to stay as legit as possible.
Typically, you cannot put "hacked" Pokémon on the GTS (correct if wrong, please!).. but just hope that you are receiving a legit Pokémon. There are also events on occasion where you can grab special Pokémon from Nintendo.

Hopefully that answers your questions! ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Just to clarify, once you bear Iris or whoever you get a National Pokedex... and through that you'll have "seen" all the Pokemon, therefore you'll be able to "seek" them on the GTS?

What can you do after the game is beat? I would like to have a epic journey with the original Pokemon... I don't see a point in grabbing them if there's nothing to do after the game. I want my Abra, Bulbasaur, and Pikachu back. :-(

Years
Unfortunately, the Pokémon have to be registered as seen in your Pokédex before you can search them on the GTS :(

After the game is beat, you can explore areas of Unova that were blocked off before you defeated the champion, and capture more Pokémon. :)

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
You can still trade with friends to get Pokemon you haven't "seen" in the game. If you don't know anyone personally, you can search for someone here on PC on the trading subforums. There's also the Negotiations mode on the GTS, where you're connected with a random person from all over the world, and you both show the Pokemon you want to trade and then chose from each other's Pokemon.

Now, I can't give you any tips, since technically you've been playing Pokemon for a longer time than I have, but what I can say is that I've started playing Pokemon with White version, and it's very newbie friendly, so I'm sure you'll get the hang of it really easily :)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Just to clarify, once you bear Iris or whoever you get a National Pokedex... and through that you'll have "seen" all the Pokemon, therefore you'll be able to "seek" them on the GTS?

What can you do after the game is beat? I would like to have a epic journey with the original Pokemon... I don't see a point in grabbing them if there's nothing to do after the game. I want my Abra, Bulbasaur, and Pikachu back. :-(

There is a ton to do post-game. For battling there is the PWT, Black Tower/White Treehollow, and the Battle Subway. For funsies stuff, there is Pokestar and the musicals. You can also build up your Join Avenue.
Not to mention there are a lot of areas to explore! I have about 300 hours put into the game and I still haven't done everything.

As far as the Pokemon go, your best bet for legit trades is to use the Negotiations system. A lot of the times, it is inhelpful so you can try the Quick Trade thread in PCs Trade Corner. Although, I do recommend using Pokemon you haven't used before. There are almost 500 new ones since Red/Blue so it would do you good to be familiar with them if you intend to tackle the challenging stuff post-game!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Yeah, so far I am really enjoying my time with Black 2. I just beat the big person and started my own strip mall, apparently. Things have changed since middle school...

Nope! Don't know anyone who plays personally anymore, and every time I try negotiations they seem to break down fairly quick. Is there some way I could convey to the other person that I am looking for Gen I Pokemon? I tried tapping it out in morse code with the ! sign, but I don't think they liked it.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Nope! Don't know anyone who plays personally anymore, and every time I try negotiations they seem to break down fairly quick. Is there some way I could convey to the other person that I am looking for Gen I Pokemon? I tried tapping it out in morse code with the ! sign, but I don't think they liked it.

Haha, yeah, I think that would confuse me as well. Anyway, I forgot to mention the Dream World in my previous post, there you can find many Pokemon that aren't in the game. You'll need WiFi to sync your save file though, but it's really easy and fun :)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
You can try being clever with phrases. You edit those through your trainer card. Most people don't pick up on what you want exactly still.

Years
Hi guys, I just got pokemon black and black 2 a few weeks ago, however there are pokemon you can only catch during events (or an Action Replay code) like Victini. but I heard Nintendo cracked down on their firmware, blocking the A.R. codes. is this true?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Unfortunately, it is. All Event Pokemon are released on certain games and in certain parts of the world. In addition they have an expiry date too. At the moment there are no event Pokemon for us to get sadly.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
is there any way to get Rare Candies besides finding some on the floor? Like the ones we get at the Pokeathlon and the Battle City in HG/SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back