• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Inter Milan is back on track, hopefully, with three goals in the first half against the German team, Werder Bremen.

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
0-0 with 12 minutes left in the United game.

Hernandez is coming on now though. :D

Nothing is happening in this match. Not even a booking. Lol. Who is playing better? The channel I am watching it on froze.

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Haha. The timing! Very lucky! Oh well, I like English teams qualifying for the next round.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Tsk tsk tsk, that was a really nice goal, and I myself want Valencia to stay in the CL as long as possible so they get distracted in the league XD Oh well.

Years
Valencia will get through.

Before the draw I had never heard of Bursaspor and Rangers are in a terrible situation with barely any players to play.

So glad 1-0. :D

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
Ah, glad that I found a football thread! I'm not a total newbie to football since I've been watching football since World Cup 2006 (I was 12 yrs old by that time lol) and suddenly I got this football euphoria again after World Cup 2010... Moving on, anyways.

Favorite national team: Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Germany (in that order. though it's a tie between Spain and Argentina! xD I used to dislike Germany because they beat Argentina in World Cup 2010 quarterfinals.)
Favorite club: Real Madrid, AC Milan, and Barcelona FC (yes, I love both Barcelona and Real Madrid, though I'm leaning toward Madridista more than Cules. hahahah)
Favorite players: Gonzalo "El Pipita" Higuain, David Villa, Francesc "Cesc" Fabregas, Kaka, Mesut Ozil,.... I have tons to list. xD

aside from that, there's two big matches today! Inter Milan vs. Juventus in Italian Serie A and Chelsea vs. Arsenal in English Premier League. Well, I'm going with Inter Milan and Chelsea. How about you guys? x3

Years
Inter Milan and a draw hopefully.

It seems a bit odd to support that many teams, especially nations.

The 7.4m hobo came on for Man Utd yesterday, I didn't think he would get a game this soon.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I am glad I found a football thread around here. Anyway, anybody watched Chelsea and Arsenal's game?

As for Inter Milan and Juventus's game, I am hoping Inter Milan looses, not because I hate them, but because I want Lazio to take and stay in the lead. Though Lazio, in the past few years, weren't playing that good and almost been demoted to the second division, however this season, they managed to hit off a very good start. Going by the odds, Inter Milan has a better chance of winning tonight's game, because, who are we kidding, Juventus sucks this year, badly.

Barcelona and Mallorca are tied. Who would've thought?

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
The 7.4m hobo came on for Man Utd yesterday, I didn't think he would get a game this soon.

£7.4m LMFAO he didn't look worth 74p. Early days of course, but I think Fergie's dropped a clanger with Bay-Bay.

I'm pleased to say I was at the Sunderland v Man United match and that it was the worst i've ever seen United play, especially first half. Sunderland should have been out of sight by half time, but that's just how it goes. It also means i've been to one more United match than 99% of United's fans.

This weekend was another good one for Chelsea.

Gabri

m8
Years

£7.4m LMFAO he didn't look worth 74p. Early days, of course but I think Fergie's dropped a clanger with Bay-Bay.

Are you guys talking about Bebé?
He seems to have potential. Otherwise Man U wouldn't throw 10 million € to the trash can.

I loved my team's last Europa League match. It's really good to see a 5-0 after the recent bad matches. I liked how the manager had the balls to put Liédson in the bench, he has been doing nothing in the pitch.
Let's hope he doesn't decide to change the team back again like what happened against Benfica (the result was a 0-2 loss).

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Are you guys talking about Bebé?
He seems to have potential. Otherwise Man U wouldn't throw 10 million € to the trash can.

Yes. And tbh he came on and looked absolutely lost, it was like a fan had wandered onto the pitch.

Like I said it's still early days and he could well come good for United. But I just think that all that money for an unproven player is a big, big gamble.

Gabri

m8
Years

Yes. And tbh he came on and looked absolutely lost, it was like a fan had wandered onto the pitch.

Like I said it's still early days and he could well come good for United. But I just think that all that money for an unproven player is a big, big gamble.

Yeah he hasn't done anything really big yet. But he apparently played really well on the 5 weeks or so he was in Vitória de Guimarães, it was said that R. Madrid wanted to hire him.
He was playing on the 2nd Division last season, heh. But let's see what will come. It's still early to judge such a young player.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2011
Anyway, anybody watched Chelsea and Arsenal's game?

Nope but Chelsea won hehe but I guess you already know that >__>

Well anyways, im supporting both Chelsea and Bayern Munich.

And Germany as national team.

Years
If he has all this potential why didn't we manage to spot before he moved to Guimaraes.

Five weeks after he moved so we just decide to shell out 7 million, I hope Quieroz was at least right about him.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
The Liverpool pantomime continues. They've agreed to sell up to the Boston Red Sox owner but Punch and Judy Gillette and Hicks are blocking the sale. Dear God, will it never end :/

As someone who honestly couldn't give two yanks about Liverpool I hope it all gets sorted soon, purely because i'm sick to death of hearing about them.

Hiche

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
When will the Euro 2012 matches begin, you know the second or third games? Are there any games this week?

Years
Hicks & Gillette have sold it to the baseball team owners now.

I hope they doesn't pump any money in the club until next July when they'll be in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back