• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I could probably think of a few reasons as to why Destiny isn't voices but I'm frankly too lazy to come up with them haha. But I finally watched Phantasia's OVA after putting it off. Pretty good, I suppose. Some changes of course but what to do expect when they try to put a whole game into four episodes. Which is why I'm really glad that they extended Symphonia's even if it doesn't always follow the story and the ending is going to be different.

Anyways welcome everyone who is new here! It seems that it's not often we can get an actual discussion going on (I've tried okay) since everyone is interested into different things here but that's all right. We manage haha.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I got Tales of Graces f last Thursday, and so far it's been an absolute joy to play. xD;
Honestly, I didn't like Tales of the Abyss too much, so Graces feels like a breath of fresh air!
Symphonia will always be the best, though. o3o

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Managed to get through the PSX port of Phantasia yesterday. Doesn't take you too long to realize how badly Namco did with the localization of the GBA version. Anyways, great game that's made me decide to go back and play Symphonia. (Symphonia being a distant prequel) Wanna try out the PS2 version since it least has a menu patch which should make it a lot more easy to navigate, but the differences between the two versions don't seem to be much honestly.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm playing Tales of Innocence. Has anyone played it? The main character reminds me of Emil - shy, and has a 'kick ass' persona in him.

By the way, I -should- make a discussion topic...

What are your favourite tales character designs?

For example, I myself like Yuri Lowell's simple, yet mysterious attire, as well as Rita Mordio's asymmetrical clothing design. :3

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I've played Tales of Innocence! It was pretty good, apart from the awful level design. xD;

Hard question. o3o
Even though it wasn't a really good game overall, I'm going to have to say Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Emil and Marta's costumes were freaking awesome, imo! : D

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I do like Marta's design as well~ Mmm, but yeah, pity that the game didn't had the 'edge' when it could of been easily corrected. u-u

PS. I added the new members. If i missed anyone, let me know. ^-^

Last edited:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I have a few favorites.
But mine would probably be Flynn. I know Guy and Flynn are basically a recycled design. But I like Flynn's attire, his solider outfit, also I like him in Luke's, and his First Strike Costume :3

ソラ

Years
Hey yeeeah, don't they have Yuri and Flynn's first strike costumes on Vesperia PS3? (I think it was in a network store)

Yes, Also, there is I think Estelle's in armor costume when you buy the blu-ray of First Strike in Japan. I want to buy it just for that costume, but 100 bucks for the movie is..like outrageous. My friend gave me the first strikes costumes :3 Im like YEEE

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yes, Also, there is I think Estelle's in armor costume when you buy the blu-ray of First Strike in Japan. I want to buy it just for that costume, but 100 bucks for the movie is..like outrageous. My friend gave me the first strikes costumes :3 Im like YEEE

Mmm, I've only played Vesperia for PS3 about twice, and because of that, it's the reason why Vesperia is arguably my favorite Tales Game~ :3 (the content, and awww, Patty is adorable~) I love the first strike costumes too. :3 Yuri's first strike costume looks better than Yuri's certificated knight costume, imo.

A little off topic from the discussion question, and this is about 2 days old, but there was an article saying that Baba would personally recommend Tales of Hearts: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/12/tales-producer-says-you-should-play-tales-of-hearts/

Well, there are more content in there... like how he became bombarded with people asking him to localize Tales of Vesperia for PS3, and how he wants to localize Tales games that weren't released to the west, but... not much inquiry on this. (Maybe there will be future plans?)

ソラ

Years
Mmm, I've only played Vesperia for PS3 about twice, and because of that, it's the reason why Vesperia is arguably my favorite Tales Game~ :3 (the content, and awww, Patty is adorable~) I love the first strike costumes too. :3 Yuri's first strike costume looks better than Yuri's certificated knight costume, imo.

A little off topic from the discussion question, and this is about 2 days old, but there was an article saying that Baba would personally recommend Tales of Hearts: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/12/tales-producer-says-you-should-play-tales-of-hearts/

Well, there are more content in there... like how he became bombarded with people asking him to localize Tales of Vesperia for PS3, and how he wants to localize Tales games that weren't released to the west, but... not much inquiry on this. (Maybe there will be future plans?)

Though, Baba did recommend to play it, he still said he has no plans to localizing it. ): But I wouldnt mind to play Hearts, I gotta get money saved up to import hearts :3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Though, Baba did recommend to play it, he still said he has no plans to localizing it. ): But I wouldnt mind to play Hearts, I gotta get money saved up to import hearts :3

Yeaaaah. ;w; It's kinda too soon for more localizations anyway - unless they plan to make a port just before, or just after they release Tales of Xilla.

I haven't played Hearts yet, but I hear it's really good - better than Innocence if I recall... but Innocence was really fun too, so I'm not sure on that.

ソラ

Years
Yeah, unless its what they did with Abyss 3D and Graces this year, like a remake/Port to another handheld like Vita, or 3DS, but I see Hearts would be remade to the Vita like Innocence R being on Vita. I want to see Hearts to get the similar remake.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah; I was kinda disappointing on how they've said Innocence R wasn't going to be localized, even though Innocence R looks promising and fun, but I do hope that Hearts will have improved graphics on the Vita too~

Oh yeaaah, you guys knew about the Design-your-own-Tales-T-Shirt contest sponsored by Baba, right? (yeah, this was a month ago)

In case you've missed it, this was the winning design:

424698_494071253955754_1936749927_n.jpg

I personally, enjoy this art myself~! I hope they'll release it - even if its in Japan I miiight be pondering to buy it overseas.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Well, they could always put up Hearts as a downloadable eShop title on the 3DS. o3o
If they don't release it, then I'm still happy with Graces f and Xillia. xD;

Also, I'll definitely be grabbing one of those T-Shirts when they release it! It looks awesome. : D

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm perfectly happy with the titles I have too~ <3 I'm saving up for a PS3 solely to play Xillia. And for an opportunity to fully play Graces f. But yes... then I'd have to support the console by buying games like, I dunno, Disgaea? (But I love Disgaea too, so that won't be a problem~!)

They have other T-shirts too, like this one:

582831_490319817664231_616952720_n.jpg

*Power Hammer... so OP ;w;*

Well, I have another question for you all - Which Tales game, in your opinion, had the best ending? (not counting credits)

Because as much as I love Vesperia... I felt Abyss had more of a strong and emotional ending. It was really great, and the best in my opinion. <3 Destiny II comes in second tied with Symphonia.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Which Tales game, in your opinion, had the best ending? (not counting credits)

Well! The only Tales games I've actually finished are Symphonia, Abyss and Innocence, so... I'd have to say Symphonia. It really finished the story well, and leaves you with a really strong feeling of satisfaction. It was also quite emotional as well, from what I can remember.
The Abyss ending felt somewhat rushed to me, but hey! That's just me.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah, Symphonia's was awesome, but it was kind of a giant tease how it ended with Lloyd -just- as he was about to name the New World Tree, but, I guess it was for the best (ended in a more dramatic way, teehehe) and with some good speculations~

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Yeah, Symphonia's was awesome, but it was kind of a giant tease how it ended with Lloyd -just- as he was about to name the New World Tree, but, I guess it was for the best (ended in a more dramatic way, teehehe) and with some good speculations~

What about the likely theory that Symphonia la a prequel to Phatasia? If the theory is correct, (I believe it is) then the Tree's name is Yggdrasil.

Also I JUST discovered the solution to my obsession of identifying every enemy in Abyss. After 800 hours of playing, I dicovered Anise can use Inspect Eye on Colosseum enemies. Since Magic Lens can't be used on them, I've given up on identifying them until just now. I don't know how I just thought of this after 800 hours but it's finally done. Yay.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
What about the likely theory that Symphonia la a prequel to Phatasia? If the theory is correct, (I believe it is) then the Tree's name is Yggdrasil.

Also I JUST discovered the solution to my obsession of identifying every enemy in Abyss. After 800 hours of playing, I dicovered Anise can use Inspect Eye on Colosseum enemies. Since Magic Lens can't be used on them, I've given up on identifying them until just now. I don't know how I just thought of this after 800 hours but it's finally done. Yay.

It's not a theory, it was confirmed long ago that Symphonia was a distant prequel to Phantasia. (1000 years before, I believe) Not many of the same locations, Ymir Forest is the only one that comes to mind, but there are numerous references and the giant tree of course. ;)

Back