• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Icontest #2 - Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

{icontest - video games}

Alright everyone, you wanted it and you're getting it! Welcome to A&D's icontest #2 "video games"! Anyone is allowed to enter. Please read the following information carefully.
Details
Make an icon with video games as the theme. It doesn't have to center around any particular video game per say, but it must include at least one of the game's characters. This icontest is not about "video gaming", but about the characters within any video game of your choice. Icons of your x-box controller or things of that likeness will be disqualified. You have 20 days to complete your icon for this competition.
Deadline - June 22th, 2013
Rules
  • All entries must be 100x100 pixels.
  • You must post your original stock/render.
  • Limit: One entry per person.
  • Your entry must be relevant to the current theme.
  • You may edit your icons once you have posted them.
  • All entries must be made during the time period.
  • No mediums that are not graphic art.
  • Do not vote for yourself upon voting stages.

{enjoy}

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
And to those of you who are arguing at the bottom of this page that my post is irrevelant. The thing is that because Inazuma Eleven WAS initially a game, unlike One Piece, which started out as a manga. But to keep all fairness, FINE. I shall make a PURE GAME ICON, to all those hard-core believers.

Stock
Background Stock

Its a Chocobo! From the Final Fantasy series and the Chocobo Racing series.

K3NgeG4.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
1m4HDaV.png

Stock

Sync the Tempest (Tales of the Abyss) in a Pikachu (Pokemon) jacket. Video Gaming enough for you? haha.

Anyways, not sure if I'll be keeping this. If I have the time and such I'll try to make something better but just so I'm actually entered into this one here it is.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't make icons often. At all. But.

2_zps7e61e8f1.png

Ness from Earthbound.
Stock

lol had accidentally made it 101x101, edited now.​

Last edited:

Reb0rn

Son of a Plunder
Years
Honestly, you know who this is.
zeldaicon_zps146c89b6.png

Stock.

I quite Like how this one turned out.

Last edited:

tnfsf11

Here's mine, my first icon & it's just a crop, maybe I'll do more next time?
Donald Duck from "Goin' Quackers!"
at1one.png

Stock (The direct link changes so this is a link to the page containing the pic)

Last edited:

Bartolomeo

Youtube = Crap
Years
Made 15 posts just to enter. =p

wbtrklr.png

Lightning from FFXIII. Stock.

Oh, and there's this query I have - Is it really okay to let people use fan-art/anime-fied versions of the characters from video games? Because, going by that assumption, I can use the luffy image in my signature as an entry since Luffy's a character in One Piece - Pirate Warriors video game.

My point being...I think this should be restricted to in-game character models only. Otherwise this becomes partially anime-based.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh, and there's this query I have - Is it really okay to let people use fan-art/anime-fied versions of the characters from video games? Because, going by that assumption, I can use the luffy image in my signature as an entry since Luffy's a character in One Piece - Pirate Warriors video game.

My point being...I think this should be restricted to in-game character models only. Otherwise this becomes partially anime-based.

I hear you, but video games are the theme. I'm sure later down the road, anime will be a theme. Sometimes, yes, these two (as well as pretty much anything and anime) do merge. But fanart can have more aesthetic appeal than in-game character models. Video game icontest and the eventual anime icontest will have completely different subject matter, albeit similar in style. So I see no problem with any of the entries.

That is an excellent Luffy icon you're sporting though. :] And yes, technically, you can use it. But there may be icontests in the future where it would get a better reception.

Bartolomeo

Youtube = Crap
Years
Fair enough. Guess it's upto people if they wish to judge entries on the basis of their relevance to the theme or not, then. :p I personally like to have distinct boundaries between things so that there's no confusion. But that's just me and I guess it is sort of unavoidable in competitions like these, haha.

Thank you for the compliment on the luffy icon, btw. I'm glad you like it.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I think if the boundaries were to be further distinguished I think It'd strip the essence of competitions like this. For me, art is a form of expression, whereby an individual can interpret concepts and themes and then showcase them in a way that's unique and 'outside of the square', if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Bartolomeo

Youtube = Crap
Years
Understandable. Like I said, it's just a personal preference o' mine so I don't really mind either way, haha. And you're right, the fact that people can derive so many different messages from a single piece of artwork is what makes art beautiful - that each piece is interpreted by differently by different individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back