• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Appreciation, Apologies, and Opinions.

Infractions?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Greetings from Never Never Land.

Hey guys, your local mod, Loki here!

I just wanted to give some of you guys some serious kudo's. The post quality has obviously improved from what I've seen, and while some of you just aren't getting the hint no matter how many times I slap a warning on roleplays you participate in, the majority of you are really getting better!

I guess I'd also like to apologize for my general absence from this forum. I'm aware that I have a tendency to visit this place about once every month, and that's a terrible habit that I'm going to try my hardest to break this summer. xD; Thank you all for keeping yourselves mostly under control, as I had very little to do this visit, and it actually compels me to stop by more often. Weird logic, but hey, I'm a lazy person. Speaking of lazy, I'd also like to apologize for how slow I am when it comes to accepting threads. Please please pleeease do not hesitate to PM me reminding me to do my job. It's a good way for you to be able to tell whether your roleplay was not accepted, or if it's just me being a loser and completely forgetting that these forums are on moderation. x_o

Oh, and, the main point of this thread is to ask everyone for their opinion. The Pokemon Roleplay Forum has been pretty laid-back, but lately, there have been repeat offenses for not following the minimum rule. While the minimum rule isn't going to go, (sorry guys. ;<) I want to make sure that people don't just leave it hanging at the same time. I was considering giving infractions for people who repeatedly do not post enough in their IC's. But before I do, I want to ask whether you'd like to handle this yourself, and be a friendly neighbor, telling your fellow roleplayers to up-the-ante every now and then if they slip below par, or if you'd like me to start handing out yellow, then red infractions.

I've already begun giving infractions, but if you guys don't like the idea, I don't see much reason to continue, since the problem seems to be wearing down already. xD

So basically…

You guys rock! >:D

Keep being awesome. <3

If there's anything in the Pokemon Forums that I've missed and that raises concern for you, please post your suggestions here, or PM me if you want them to remain private. You can go ahead and tell me I'm a cheesy cracker for posting this too, but I'm just really pleased. |D

Spoiler:

Darkhaven3

Jackass
Years
If anything, the minimum should be higher, IMO. If you want to roleplay, be serious and don't water it down by posting only enough to "get by the minimum". Ergo, fry their asses for not posting enough content.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
just hand out the infractions... no matter how much i tell some people to up their post quality, they wont listen. Sometimes you gotta kick someone in the nuts to get them to look you in the eyes....

Years
Truth is, if a normal member (who is not a GM) tells a person to up they're posts quality, they will a) Not listen or b) Talk back. It's best if the mods deal with the infractions/tellings off. But yeah, the Pokemon Forums is doing loads better =D, too bad we can't get this sort of activness in Other Roleplay ;-;

I mean in all honesty, the quality of RPG posts should be quite huge, I mean at the end of the day your making a story with one another and you need to put effort into them at the end of the day ^_^

Also Loki, ever thought of holding some competitions or RPGers of the month or something like that? Add some fun to the forums (even though RPGing in its self is fun o.o)

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
Years
If anything, the minimum should be higher, IMO. If you want to roleplay, be serious and don't water it down by posting only enough to "get by the minimum". Ergo, fry their asses for not posting enough content.

i agree with this. the only time i've ever found it hard to write something two paragraphs long is when you're battling with another player. its sort of frustrating when you write a epic post that really contributes to the RP and then the next post is bleh, nothing.. it makes you feel like you have to over-contribute in your posts to include the lagging player.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
Years
Infractions should be implemented, I mean, there's no other effecient way to allow them to understand that they need to put in more effort into their ICs. If their ICs are short, it doesn't really show that they have a passion/interest in RPing, if they did, they'd probably put in a little more effort to type of a decently detailed and longer IC. Obviously, new RPers may not be used to the system, but if they read the rules and can post to the minimum standard (and hopefully improve from there), then I don't see why there could be reasons for them to post short ICs. :/

Agreeing with Lucien Lachance on holding some small contests/RPer of the month, it might add more appeal and interest to this part of the forum. (:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Hmm... RPG'er of the month is deeefinitely something I don't like. xD;; We've tried something similar before, and it was just kind of blah. But I'm totally not against trying it again, since things tend to have different results each time I try them. So if you guys want one, you can start one, as long as it's moderately organized.

As for other competitions, I think that sounds like a great idea. ^^ If anyone has an idea for one and would like to start it up or wants me to you can post that here too~

And Other Roleplay seems to have traded with Pokemon Roleplay in terms of activeness. xD

Well anyway, the majority seems to like the idea of infractions, but I'll probably wait a little longer before going through another check with a new infraction stick in my hands.

I've been making the infractions worth the same as character minimum bypass, 2 points, expires in 14 days, so yeah, just a tidbit of information I'll add to the rules once the poll is all wrapped up!

Brad

The Paper Fastener
Years
I too agree with infractions... I've noticed a lot of the people who post good IC's sticking to some RPGs, and a lot of the new ones being below par, with a lot of the infracters joining those. There is a great divide between the two groups- one with good IC's, better plots IMO, and one with the below minimum IC's and mediocre plots. This does not happen in Other Roleplay- I theorize that this forum has gotten a huge influx of inexperienced players. Since they only really actually get to participate in the lower quality RPG's, a habit of worse IC's develops among that group. Sure, they sign-up for the harder ones, but since they don't usually get accepted, they never see the other end of the spectrum. Infractions will break the habit. When the habit breaks, the RPG quality will improve. No more MD infestation, no more seemingly interesting RPG's by new members, but with crappy plots.

As for contests, see other forums. In my observations, they don't get a lot of sign ups and die out. However, I do think we should give them a go, to see if they will work. A beta test, if you will. That is my opinion.

In the apologies category- sorry Kansas and other GM's who put up with my crazy ideas, and overstepping of powerplaying bounds. Its a bad habit, but my superego is through the roof. Lets just say that my real ego is near death... no self esteem, in my case, has led to more outrageous, overpowered fantasies in roleplaying. I have no life.

I do appreciate the GM's putting up with it, despite repeat offenses. I do sincerely apologize, but old habits live free and die hard. I also appreciate the creative GM's for creating such great plots... otherwise, I'd have nowhere to go for my RPG fix.

Years
Hmm I would like to try rpger of the month again, perhaps yo uare right and it will go the same way as the first, but no harm in trying I don't think ^_^ Also, you could have monthly comps such as: Sign up related (best pokemon sign up ect), plot related (best over all plot, best fantasy plot), RPG art work related (most well disigned character/creature) and so on so forth ^_^

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Hmm I would like to try rpger of the month again, perhaps yo uare right and it will go the same way as the first, but no harm in trying I don't think ^_^ Also, you could have monthly comps such as: Sign up related (best pokemon sign up ect), plot related (best over all plot, best fantasy plot), RPG art work related (most well disigned character/creature) and so on so forth ^_^

ohhh i like it... personally i'd like to see something like that, even if its not too popular it gives the newer rp'ers something to kind of strive for or to look at in terms of what a good *blank* looks like

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
ohhh i like it... personally i'd like to see something like that, even if its not too popular it gives the newer rp'ers something to kind of strive for or to look at in terms of what a good *blank* looks like

Actually, we had something like this way back when I was still Art Critic Cubone. I remember winning it during, like, the second to last contest we held. It was fun for a while, but eventually people started shooting each other over it, which wasn't. The rules for setting one up are still in the Other Roleplay lounge, if anyone wanted to do something like that.

With Loki's permission of course. :3

Oh, wait, Loki already told you that. Whoops! Anyway, I'm pretty sure that at least one of the wankers who was making a fuss about it is no longer active in the RP sections (totally not pointing fingers here) and we'll have ways of dealing with this.

In terms of infractions, yeah, best for the mods to handle that. By the way, has it escaped my noticed or is there one mod for the Pokemon RP section and another for Other RP? Because even if Other RP is kind of languishing in the land of little activity, it wouldn't hurt for a mod to be stationed in both.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
Years
RPGer of the month - I like that. Maybe the contestants could roleplay a bloody battle to decide the winner. :P

you're only saying that because Arlene would win :P

i like the idea of a RPGer of the month. and like Kansas said, it would give something for everyone to strive towads. it would be really interesting i think

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Nuu wai! Infractions? Wut're yous all crazies?!

Like most of the others who've voiced their opinion (bar the two who said no *eyes suspiciously*) I support maintaining the use of infractions.

The way I see it, RPs are like a community story (which I guess they are) where various people input their own experiences and thoughts through their posts, contributing to the overall story as individuals but are then collated altogether. It's kind of harmonic to see how so many people can write in so many different ways yet make the story flow so well. I wouldn't want to see that "harmony" being taken away or watered down because some people post just for the sake of posting.

Admittedly, I'm a little more emotional than I'd like to be and I still have problems constructing proper sentences but I guess I try to make use and improve on that in my posts. It's a little biased but until I'm emotionally satisfied, I won't post. Of course, I've made tons of crappy posts and mistakes but you learn from it, neh?

So yeah~ I back your infracting ways Loki. *support

Lul @ RP free-for-all battle to admit RP-er of the month~ It is an interesting idea though...

Years
Am I right in thinking this could be a sort of discussion thread for the time being? If so then I wouldn't mind holding the RPGer of the month ^_^ The only thing I would like to hear are catagories you would all be interested in ^_^

I mean we can have things such as:

Favorite Female RPGer:
Favorite Male RPGer:
Favourite RPG duo:

Favourite Plot:
Favourite Sign up:
Favourite Character: (Could be different from the sign up and could be voted on how well a person did particapating as a character)
Person to contribute most:

And I guess we can have genres then: Favourite Fantasy RPG: Favourite Horror RPG: ect

Also what ideas does everyone have for competitions then so we can put them in some sort of order to be released in monthly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back