• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Have a question about Mienshao:

Was thinking of restarting and using this pokemon in my team, but I'm not sure if I should try to get one with adamant nature, neutral nature, or a modest nature...
Would it be worth balancing out it's attack and sp.attack to make use of Aura Sphere, or since it is rather limited in it's sp. attack learnset just go with adamant and forget Aura Sphere?
It's Special attack isn't all that bad so a mix could work but if I was you I would go with Adament as Attack is it's highest stat plus it's strongest moves are physical like Hi kick which it can take advantage of.

Yeah I figured Adamant would be better... Aura Sphere is neat and all, but only Lucario has the right stats for it apparently...

Also, I have ANOTHER question type thing...
I'm planning on restarting my game, and am making an unorthodox team for this run, so far this is how I've planned it:
Mienshao - Physical
Venipede - Physical
Swanna - Mix
Chandelure - Special
Hydreigon - Special
Gothitelle - Special

Does this seem like a plausible/rational setup? (My lack of a grass type is because of my hatred for grass types... Also, I like colors.)
This is a plausible team specially seeing that one of them is a Pseudo which would give you a strong back up ^_^
Also Chandelure is a decent pokemon due to it's high Special attack ^_^

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
focus punch is only good if your opponent is slower, cause if it gets a hit in first the move is wasted

Focus Punch will always go last so speed isn't a factor. You'd have to have a substitute to take a hit or correctly predict they're not gonna attack you.

Years
-What's the point of the Abyssal Ruins besides getting plates and expensive items? And is there a way to read what's on the pink walls or something?

-How do i get to Anville Town? or is that the place where the battle train stops for a rest?

-What's the Entralink in the center of Unova and how do I get there?

-Where's the best place to train Pokemon lv60-70?

Last edited:

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
-What's the point of the Abyssal Ruins besides getting plates and expensive items? And is there a way to read what's on the pink walls or something?

Just that it seems.

-How do i get to Anville Town? or is that the place where the battle train stops for a rest?

The Battle Subway Brown Line stops there.

It is connected to the Dream World, where you meet pokemon you've met there to capture them, it also has something to do with "Entree", but I don't have the ability to use wireless on my DS so I have no real idea on that...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Not sure about the walls, but that is all you get from there. However, the most expensive item in any Pokemon game ever is found there.

The train does stop for a rest there, as you learn in Anville Town, but you can still get there. Take the brown line in the Battle Subway. Nothing much to do there when it's not a weekend.

It's an area for people to interact wirelessly with nearby friends. To get to it, you press Wireless, then Entralink on your C-Gear, but you can only really use it in conjunction with a friend or to catch Dream World Pokemon that you brought over from the internet.

-Where's the best place to train Pokemon lv60-70?

Every day the people in the stadium in Nimbasa reset, there are 5 or so and each have a few Pokemon in the low 60s. In Undella you can fight a bunch of rich people as well which have similarly leveled Pokemon. In addition, in Giant Chasm there are the highest level Audinos in the game, low 50s. I usually just do the stadium and Undella mansion every day, and then do things outside of leveling after I've defeated everyone until the next day.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I heard on a forum that a Cherish Ball if you end up getting them and use them on a Pokemon you catch it instantly makes it a shiny Pokemon. Is this true?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I heard on a forum that a Cherish Ball if you end up getting them and use them on a Pokemon you catch it instantly makes it a shiny Pokemon. Is this true?
Its definitely not. Don't believe them. You can only get a shiny if you encounter it as a shiny, or when you cheat/hack.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
I have a question..
Anyone knows how to change the pokemon nickname when it will have no evolution left?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wen I finish ze whole stoyeh, can I play a new game?

Iff I dew, wuld t replace mai old game file?

There is only one save file for each game. So you'd have to delete your old file :/

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
Wen I finish ze whole stoyeh, can I play a new game?

Iff I dew, wuld t replace mai old game file?

yes if u start a new game you will loose all of your pokemon and save data

I have a question..
Anyone knows how to change the pokemon nickname when it will have no evolution left?

to change a pokemon's nickname u got to castelia city and go into the building on the left side of the screen. its right before u get to route 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back