• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Hey, you and I did something like that for monotypes, didn't we? and then you dropped out T_T.
I would "race" you with monotypes if I wasn't already so far behind...I've only done like half of a Ultimate Flying Mono. xD

Enigma

Years
I'm thinking about re-creating a thread for deku's TCG Challenge. It was a really fun and creative challenge, but it was far too short-lived. I'm also thinking about making a new thread for my old Username Letter Challenge. What do you guys think? :D I've been in such a challenge-y mood lately.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Yeah I remember that one. Thought about joining it but didn't find a deck suitable for me.
May be I can find one now! So the point is, it would probably be a fun challenge!

Enigma

Years
I'm going to go ahead and work on re-creating both of those threads today. I'm really excited and eager to be able to participate in them and allow everyone else to participate in them as well, especially the people that didn't get to try them last time. c: I've also been trying to think up some new challenge ideas lately, but nothing really good has come to mind yet.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Hey, I thought about re- creating the dream theme challenge by LaureTheLoner.....
Maybe some know it, maybe some don't but I want people's opinion. With various themes to pick from, it's like a challenge that branch to more challenges!

Enigma

Years
I think it's a good idea. That's another challenge I don't think I ever had the opportunity to try! It was a challenge that certainly allowed a challenger to have creativity and freedom with its variety. :)

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Now the next problem to the re-creation, more creative themes! I'll keep some from the old one, but I need some new ones to!
So can anyone suggest some themes for the challenge?
BY the way, I'm gonna start making the thread now :)

Last edited:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
I'm finally getting around to my Ultimate Challenge Run [above]. The first challenge I am going to be doing is Spades Slick's Smeargle's Hut ~ Monocolor Challenge. I'm going to be doing it on LeafGreen, and all my Pokémon are going to be Purple.

My team will be:
169.png
89.png
91.png
94.png
121.png
142.png

I'll update after every 3 major battles [Rival, Gym, Rocket Admin, Giovanni, Elite Four].

Enigma

Years
I'm finally getting around to my Ultimate Challenge Run [above]. The first challenge I am going to be doing is Spades Slick's Smeargle's Hut ~ Monocolor Challenge. I'm going to be doing it on LeafGreen, and all my Pokémon are going to be Purple.

My team will be:
169.png
89.png
91.png
94.png
121.png
142.png

I'll update after every 3 major battles [Rival, Gym, Rocket Admin, Giovanni, Elite Four].

What a coincidence, I'm currently doing that same challenge using the same color on FireRed. The 1st generation certainly has a lot of variety with it's purple Pokemon. c:
I'm also working on those threads now, as well as doing the final part of my Ultimate Character Challenge on White.

Drimza

Open up your senses.
Years
I'm currently doing a challenge on Pokemon White that is sort of a mix between the Random Pokemon Challenge and Laure's Egg Salad (Genetic Mutation Mode). It is basically a random hack challenge where you are stuck with what you get, which also means you can't evolve anything. I downloaded a random number generator and used it to randomize the options for Pokemon in Pokesav.
The things I randomized were:

Pokemon (649)
Natures (25)
Ability (164)
Ivs (31)
Evs (255)
Moves (559)
Regions (13)*
Ball (25)*

*Optional

So, I set up a parameter in the generator (ex. 1-31) for each option and the number that was given was the number I had to use for the move, Pokemon, etc. I chose 5 Pokemon to randomize and most of them had pretty good stats but really crappy moves Magnezone with Astonish. It's ok though because I got a really awesome Cloyster with Dragon Claw haha. This challenge is really fun so far and I just wanted to post my idea for this.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You knows there's a problem when you're deleting more threads waiting for approval than actually approving them...smh.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

What a coincidence, I'm currently doing that same challenge using the same color on FireRed. The 1st generation certainly has a lot of variety with it's purple Pokemon. c:
I'm also working on those threads now, as well as doing the final part of my Ultimate Character Challenge on White.

You're welcome to the CSS I used in the TCG challenge, if you wish to use it ^_^

Enigma

Years
You knows there's a problem when you're deleting more threads waiting for approval than actually approving them...smh.
I'll be sure to triple-check both of my new threads before submitting them, just to be sure. c:

You're welcome to the CSS I used in the TCG challenge, if you wish to use it ^_^

I'll probably decide to take you up on that offer. Thanks, and kudos to you for thinking of such an awesome challenge in the first place. :D

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hey Hot n Cold, how exactly are you doing the Ultimate Challenge? Because I think I'm doing something quite similar to you. I've always wanted to complete every challenge PC had to offer, but I'm not quite sure how specific I want to be.

For instance, with monotypes, clearly I want to do an Ultimate for every type.
For challenges such as the Smeargle Hunt, I'm planning on doing every color on every generation. (At least I get credit for doing the RBY Black when I solo with Snorlax).
However, for Challenges such as Duo, I don't think it makes sense to do every possible pairing. I think one per gen is enough.
For solos, I'm doing it by family, not each and every Pokemon. Also, I'm just planning on doing it in the first game the Pokemon is available in. However, I'll do at least one Ultimate just so I can get that title.
I'm also not touching B/W. I can't play those games for more than 5 minutes without falling asleep. I honestly don't know why, I guess I just have to have a speed button for it. Maybe a suitable one will come out by the time I finish all these other challenges.

Here's what my list sort of looks like...

Myrrh's Ultimate Challenge List:
Spoiler:

All in all, 101/558

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Enigma

Years
For challenges such as the Smeargle Hunt, I'm planning on doing every color on every generation. (I'm also not doing colors on R/B, since they technically weren't out til GSC).
If you completed the St. Patrick's Event Challenge from last year, it theoretically should count for the color green on whatever generation you played on.

After what Sydian said, I really hope I get approved :(
As long as you made sure that you had a clear format and rules for your challenge, you should be okay.

Speaking of which, I just submitted my thread for my Username Letter Challenge v2. I'm really excited to do my Ultimate for that challenge, I ended up with some pretty decent letters. c:
Also, just now got the new TCG Challenge thread posted. I remember making a file on Notepad not too long ago of all the decks I wanted to do. I just found it, and I have about 24 or so decks listed with teams already selected. I was pretty eager when I first saw the challenge, so I wanted to do the challenge multiple times. I still plan on doing all of those decks eventually.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I've a question for you all.

Under normal challenge circumstances, that don't set Pokemon limit (Duo, Trio), how many Pokemon are needed for the challenge to count? Some are restricted (Dragon monotype RBY, where you have 1 family to choose from), but many (Blue Color challenge on DPPt, for example) have plenty of options. Obviously there's no limit to the maximum number of Pokemon you can use, but what's the minimum? 1 is much too low (and I'd be done with all the challenges in just a few playthroughs lol), but 6 definitely isn't needed? Is 2 enough? 3? 4? What do you guys think?

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I've a question for you all.

Under normal challenge circumstances, that don't set Pokemon limit (Duo, Trio), how many Pokemon are needed for the challenge to count? Some are restricted (Dragon monotype RBY, where you have 1 family to choose from), but many (Blue Color challenge on DPPt, for example) have plenty of options. Obviously there's no limit to the maximum number of Pokemon you can use, but what's the minimum? 1 is much too low (and I'd be done with all the challenges in just a few playthroughs lol), but 6 definitely isn't needed? Is 2 enough? 3? 4? What do you guys think?
I think it depends. My view is that 3 is really the minimum, if you have enough good options, to really have a chance at beating the game without either massive overleveling/grinding or item spamming, both of which I dislike. I really hate having to revive pokemon mid-battle, especially against the Champions. It feels unfair in my mind since they can't do that, and using tons of full restores to PP stall sucks too.

I think it depends both on the challenge and the game you're playing. For example, in my BW monotypes, I try to get a team of 5 if I can for the pregame (5 unova pokemon), which isn't as much of a hardship because of the Lucky Egg, and it ends up being somewhat challenging to fight N and Ghetsis, while also being able to see how the new Pokemon play out. Then I fill out any remaining spots in the postgame with Pokemon from earlier gens that I either like or want to try out. The Lucky Egg is really the only reason I am able to do that without getting bored.

That's just an example, and I play that way because it's fun for me.

If I had to say that there was an absolute minimum, it would be two, since these aren't solos! but three should be the minimum in a perfect world imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back