• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite SFX

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
What's your favorite video game sound effect? From the ping sound of Mario crabbing a coin. To the ring of character's portrait when he levels up. Anything you can think of. Here's a ... thing... I don't know what you'd call it, but it might help.

SFX:
Game:
Reason:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Whenever you had swung your sword and hit something with it in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, it made certain type of a screeching noise. I loved it. It truly made you feel that you were using a sword, and not some other kind of weapon. xD I also liked the sound effect that your whip made. It sounded exactly like the way that a whip would sound in real life—wapish! The mega buster SFX from Megaman Battle Network series was one of my favorites, too.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
My favorite SFX has to be from PSX Doom, the shotgun was always that SFX that I will remember. compared to the PC version, it sounded a lot more realistic, especially when you were in an area that had a lot of echo.

Another great SFX is from the game James Pond 2, whether you are grabbing energy or a life. it just felt like relief sometimes.

Back