• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Argentite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
dustplanedept.png

This isn't an important dungeon, plot-wise; essentially, without giving too much away, SOMETHING happens near the end of the game, scattering SOME KIND OF THINGIES across Aleya, and one of these THINGIES winds up in an abandoned department store in Dustplane City. So, you go through the 60-year-old abandoned building, reach the roof, and DO SOMETHING WITH THE THINGY. This COULD be replaced by a generic cave, or even a white wall.

However, it's a fun dungeon to play, and there are some neat puzzles on the upper stories, where the structure is more decayed.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
hrrm, to tell the truth, I think that some of the fakemon will need some work. First of all, there's a lot planned but with no art posted.. Some of them look a little novice.
However, I especially like The third rabbit and the last evolution of the fire starter. They're good. They're not the only good ones, but I like those two especially.
And also, the tileset.. very unique, I really like it..
Good luck!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Interesting game.
tilesets are nice, but im not too crazy about the fakemon... It's the problem that faces most games with fakemon; its that it doesnt match the style of the offical pokemon.

Shading, light directions, colour usage etc. It's not consistent. The Fakemon look fine... themselves. But when you place them next to an offical pokemon sprite. the quality difference is easy to see.

That said, it's some of the better fakemon ive seen.

Last edited:

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
Haven't been doing anything that I can show off as extremely pretty, but this may interest you:

mnormal.png

mhard.png

minsane.png

minsane2.png

Higher difficulties pump levels into common Trainers and actually modify the team of "important" trainers, like Gym Leaders/Rival battles/etc.

How hard is Insane mode?

Terra (Rosvale Gym's Leader) has a lv21 Rhydon. Hard Mode is reasonable; Insane mode isn't. I don't intend for you to beat it as much as I intend for you to compare how far you can get before giving up.

Years
Difficulties are a nice idea, however just increasing levels is not a good way to go around it. All that would really do is encourage more grinding on wild Pokémon, so the player can actually defeat regular trainers and then the gym leader. This probably won't aggravate people more than it will bore them. In addition to increasing levels, changing around the movesets of Pokémon, making the trainers smarter, and increasing the frequency of trainers/wild Pokémon. And finally, changing around experience yield for Pokémon based on the difficulty.

And my thoughts on no items in "insane mode": It's kind of dumb, and a very cheap way of "adding" difficulty. Instead, decreasing the amount of findable items in the overworld, increasing the prices of items in marts, and changing around the chance of finding an item with Pickup would be a better way of increasing difficulty.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
If it's that bad, I'll probably go ahead and change EVERYONE'S team for Hard/Insane, but it means fewer Trainers will have rematches.

More Trainers in Hard/Insane is an interesting idea. Changing experience yields, on the other hand, really isn't going to be any better than throwing steroids at opponents.

Hard mode actually makes healing items valuable commodities; in Insane, the idea is that you should be playing the entire game like you would the Battle Frontier. No items, no Shift mode, and the odds are heavily stacked against you.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I'm with Alistar on this one.
I think the way your handling it is not really a difficulty, it's just frustrating.
Put yourself in the player's position, would you a play a pokemon game that had that insane mode?
I wouldn't. It's such a cheap developers tactic of adding "difficulty."
It's like, did you ever play an action game where the boss has an attack that turns you into a ragdoll for like 3 seconds and you just keep taking damage.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
If you want a harder-but-still-reasonable experience, play Hard Mode.

Insane Mode is comparable to the bonus difficulties in which one hit kills you, your enemies have double health, and the screen is filled with bullets. It's not means to be played by anyone who doesn't know what they're in for. The game gives you SEVERAL warning screens that, basically, sum up to "Holy crap you're not seriously going to play that, are you?".

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
It's like playing I Wanna Be the Guy on Impossible. Or Very Hard. Or Hard. Or Normal.

I still think there should be an easy mode, but... eh.

...but anyway. You were looking for art of the ravens, yes?

Quoth_the_raven__nevermore_by_KamDunbar.png

Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back