• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
How do you make pokemon appear that arent in grass? like your in a forest and theirs no grass but when you walk wild pokemon appear.

Go to block editor.

Click the tile you want to have the wild pokemon effect on.

Ctrl + Right click on the blocks to take the whole thing.

Click on an empty tile and and paste, to make a copy of that tile.

Put Behavior Bytes: 02 02

Put Background byte 00 01

Click save block.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Game - Pokemon Ruby
Task - How add new Pokedex Entries for 27 empty Pokemon Slots... I know how add new Pokemon to that slots... But when I catch them i have crash becouse those Pokemons do not have Pokedex Entries... Some one can help me with this?

" How do you make pokemon appear that arent in grass? like your in a forest and theirs no grass but when you walk wild pokemon appear. "

You can do it easier PokemonMaster... Go to Advanced Map and in the FOREST click in the Map Detalis... In there change type from Road to Cave... And presto... Pokemon start atacking you during walking throught forest without grass.

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Ive tested Johtomap as a map and event editor for a Pokemon Silver ROM, I like the tool, its amazing for map editing.

However, I face a few issues, such as Map name changing (To a custom name), some issues with tileset editing but the main problem is events. I do not know how to add my own events and ARGH.

Is there an alternative to Johtomap people can link me to please? I searched but can't find anything... Cheers!
Johtomap supports doing most stuff and is actually the best map editor out for Gold and Silver. I do things such as changing area names with a hex editor along with all the event data editing which I just finish with Johtomap.

If you're going to make an overhaul of G/S, you're going to have to learn to deal with lots of "problems" you wouldn't run into when hacking 3rd gen games (such as space for writing data and such). I've made several video tutorials in youtube so you may want to check them out (others in skeetendo inc. have said they're good so I could as well favour them to you too).

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have a question. Hope someone can answer!

What is the size of the Pokemon Fire Red background? Thanks for your time in advance!

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to make in gametrade scripts.
I'm pretty decent at scripting, I wouldn't call myself advanced but I know the use of variables and flags and such yada yada yada. So if you are able to teach me how to make in game trades, I would love it =) Or if you could send me to a tutorial that shows that kinda stuff too that would be awesome! =)

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
Hi guys, Im working on my first Rom hack ever, anyway my question is how to a make it so the player can only pick one starter from prof oak. Also I wish for there to be just one pokeball on the table. Im using a Fire Red rom

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
is it possible to make the Pokemon game where you can choose a Hard Mode or Easy Mode like what they did on Black 2 and White 2?
Actually... that's possible... It would reduce the number of trainers, though...
My point is that you can make event at the beginning and let players choose which mode they want. If they want Hard mode, then set a specific flag you will check everytime trainer will be about to battle. If it's set, player will battle a harder version of trainer.
As I said, it would reduce the number of trainers because each trainer would have to have 1 "clone" which would be the harder version of him/herself.

suryabharat

Koolbuddy85
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2012
Help Needed in creating own trainer ID to GBA Rom

I was searching all over internet for something which i cant find till now

My aim is to add new trainers to a GBA Rom that means creat a new trainer ID like leaving all the default trainer IDs unchanged.

It would be grateful if somebody replied.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020

My aim is to add new trainers to a GBA Rom that means creat a new trainer ID like leaving all the default trainer IDs unchanged.

I think what you want is advanced trainer

suryabharat

Koolbuddy85
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2012
I think what you want is advanced trainer

Thankx awipe1 but I know how to update the trainer with new trainer spirite and replace the existing trainer ID with new trainer.

What I want is, if u have say 300 trainers already in the Rom and no empty trainer ID slots now I want couple of extra trainers say 5 so total 305 trainers with their different trainer IDs. The better example is Emerald Rom which has no empty trainer ID slots where I want new trainers to be added to the Rom.

Can any one help me out with solution.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
well now im aware that theif only allows you to keep the item in a wild pokemon battle i need to make it so it keeps the item in trainer battles too. how can i make this possible for fire red?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

There's no easy way to do it, since the Trainers use up flags in memory, and adding any extra Trainers means the new Trainers' flags clash with standard flags used by the game.

They need to be repointed for them to work, and that, my friend, requires a lot of ASM, and, what's more, is that ASM is unreliable at best *Bashes own code* :P

suryabharat

Koolbuddy85
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2012
Thank-you Jambo51 for giving this information I am new to hacking rom and now knowing that its little difficult right way to get into ASM stuff as u said I will skip this for time being ...

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Is there any other way to change the original name of a pokemon inn Platinum version, because PPRE is not working for me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Thankx awipe1 but I know how to update the trainer with new trainer spirite and replace the existing trainer ID with new trainer.

What I want is, if u have say 300 trainers already in the Rom and no empty trainer ID slots now I want couple of extra trainers say 5 so total 305 trainers with their different trainer IDs. The better example is Emerald Rom which has no empty trainer ID slots where I want new trainers to be added to the Rom.

Can any one help me out with solution.
Oh sorry I don't know how to do that =(
But I am having the same issue with YAPE and available moves, I am trying to make a POKEMON have more available moves then the default, so if you know how to do this let me know! =)

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
help

Hi I'm not sure iff i'm at the right place for this.
but my question is about never black and white but that threat is closed.
so where can I ask my question?

My queation is : im stuck at busque arnica(spanish version) im stuck at the down left corner
I jump down a ledge and there is an exit there but I can get out.

What to do?

And is there an english version?

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
My question is : im stuck at busque arnica (spanish version) im stuck at the down left corner
I jump down a ledge and there is an exit there but I can get out.

That just means that the alpha/beta has ended.

I'm working on a hack right now and I'm wondering how to create a warp from a pokemon event, like if you engage a legendary, i want it to send me somewhere. Can anyone give me some advice?

Also, does anyone know where I can find script and hex editing tutorials besides youtube, I'm better at reading than watching video. And I would like to know how to remove the Birch event so I can just access the bag.

This question belongs to the script help thread.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
I have a problem whenever I load a map i created later on in the day it gives me eaccess violation error. anyway to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back