• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Gen III]: Jambo51's Tool Showcase

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
You need to go into settings I think it was and click update database or something. This updates the commands.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
I've got a real odd problem, whenever I open the rom in Unamed Trainer Editor and go to edit the moves on the trainer's Pokemon it doesn't show the names of the moves it's just left blank I tried closing it then reopen it but it still has the same results

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I've got a real odd problem, whenever I open the rom in Unamed Trainer Editor and go to edit the moves on the trainer's Pokemon it doesn't show the names of the moves it's just left blank I tried closing it then reopen it but it still has the same results

Need more information than this to be able to help you.
What ROM? What settings?
Some screenshots would be great!

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
The rom is Fire Red, Mode it's in is what it was in when I downloaded it so I guess you could say standered mode, And here's a screenshotError.png

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
The rom is Fire Red, Mode it's in is what it was in when I downloaded it so I guess you could say standered mode, And here's a screenshotView attachment 69628

Sorry it took so long to get back. Just went back to University a few days ago and my life's been pretty hectic.

Anyway, I can't see any obvious error in that screenshot, so I'll ask you a couple more questions.

1) Do the drop down boxes still have the correct number of entries? (Ie, are there 355 empty selections, or none?)

2) If there are none, show me your ini settings?

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
Sorry it took so long to get back. Just went back to University a few days ago and my life's been pretty hectic.

Anyway, I can't see any obvious error in that screenshot, so I'll ask you a couple more questions.

1) Do the drop down boxes still have the correct number of entries? (Ie, are there 355 empty selections, or none?)

2) If there are none, show me your ini settings?
Here's the Ini for the rom I'm using, [BPRE]
MoveNames=0x247094
NumberOfMoves=511
ItemData=0x3DB028
NumberOfItems=375
PokemonNames=0x245EE0
NumberOfPokemon=411
TrainerTable=0x23EAF0
NumberOfTrainers=0x2E6
ClassNamesLocation=0x23E558
NumberOfClassNames=0x6B
TrainerImageTable=0x23957C
NumberOfTrainerImages=147
TrainerPaletteTable=0x239A1C
ClassMoneyLocation=0x24F220
EncounterMusicExtraInfo="0,4,5,8,A,B,C,D~0x11D","1,2,9~0x11C","3,6,7,*~0x11B"
[/BPRE] as for the rest, the section for the moves the names are blank while the others are in symbols like, ÀÁ Â F though that I think is from where some of the moves have no names cause the ones that have names in them is blank in the section. Edit: nevermind apparently I had to paste the new move name offsets

Last edited:

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
At the risk of necro-ing, I've found some useful info. I took the liberty of filling in the blanks in BSP's ini for BPEE myself, here's what I have:
Code:
[BPEE]
baselocationbattledata=0x02024084
baselocationpartydata=0x02024744
attacker=0x0202420B
target=0x0202420C
attackerpartner=0x0202420D
targetpartner=0x0202420E
move=0x20241EA
battletype=0x02022FEC
terrainbyte=0x02022FF0
weather=0x20243CC
weatherturns=0x020243F8
numberofpokemon=0x0202406C
attackdamage=0x20241F0
knockedoffitem=0x02024208
loopcounter=0x02024212
currentposition=0x02024214
outcome=0x0202427C
effectchooser=0x2024335
multistringchooser=0x02024337
damagemultiplier=0x2024482
statchange=0x202448E
MoveEffectTable=0x2D86A8
MoveDataTable=0x31C898
MoveNames=0x31977C
NumberOfMoves=354
NumberOfStrings=0x171
StringTable=0x5CC270
[/BPEE]

TheRabbit

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
So I've been using Advance Trainer to give trainers an AI of 255. When I check my ROM with this tool, it has all of their AI values low, but IVs at 255. Does this mean that all this time I've been giving opposing trainers 6 IVs of 255 each but keeping them stupid?

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Hi, I expanded the numbers of pokemon in my rom and the trainer tool don't see them, is there a way to expand the number of pokemon seen by your Trainer Editor ?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hi, I expanded the numbers of pokemon in my rom and the trainer tool don't see them, is there a way to expand the number of pokemon seen by your Trainer Editor ?

Change the Ini. There should be places for "Number of Pokemon", "Pokemon Name Offset" and other stuff like that.
Though there may not be, I haven't checked in a while. If there is, then lucky you.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Change the Ini. There should be places for "Number of Pokemon", "Pokemon Name Offset" and other stuff like that.
Though there may not be, I haven't checked in a while. If there is, then lucky you.

I tried already and when I change the pokemon name offset, the names are wrong, its only the half or less of the name....

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Blank stuff blank stuff, everywhere!
(using the MrDS's patch to Fire Red)
BUT-- I changed MrDS to BPRE via HEX for .gba.. still doesn't work :/

can anyone help me?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Blank stuff blank stuff, everywhere!
(using the MrDS's patch to Fire Red)
BUT-- I changed MrDS to BPRE via HEX for .gba.. still doesn't work :/

can anyone help me?

You're supposed to edit the ini, not change the gamecode. The tool won't magically understand what MrDS's rombase is lol

The ???

Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
You're supposed to edit the ini, not change the gamecode. The tool won't magically understand what MrDS's rombase is lol

Sorry lol. But that was something someone suggested me to do in my post in beginners lounge.
Anyway I even tried to change the game code in INI too, are there some other changes to do too?
I even tried changing numberofmons to 750 (that I expanded) but still just blanks everywhere.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Sorry lol. But that was something someone suggested me to do in my post in beginners lounge.
Anyway I even tried to change the game code in INI too, are there some other changes to do too?
I even tried changing numberofmons to 750 (that I expanded) but still just blanks everywhere.

You have to change the offsets of the tables in which the tools read from so that it can read from those tables. If you leave everything default nothing will appear.

The ???

Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
You have to change the offsets of the tables in which the tools read from so that it can read from those tables. If you leave everything default nothing will appear.

Well.. don't get mad but, how? :P I just began editing /hacking (if it can be called that for now), but I am unable go use most of the tools because they are made for default ROM.
A little detailed step-wise procedure would be appreciated. Mine is default MrDS's ROM (with a few sprite changes and expanded dex (to 750))

Urritguyz

What's going on everyone
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
So I downloaded the unnamed trainer editor and it's great, but when I open up MrDollSteak's Patched ROM (Decap and Attack), it won't let me edit moves. Everything else is fine, I can even give trainers added in items like eviolite , but it won't let me touch the moves. I've already changed the .ini file with the one MrDollSteak provided in his patch. Any ideas?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So I downloaded the unnamed trainer editor and it's great, but when I open up MrDollSteak's Patched ROM (Decap and Attack), it won't let me edit moves. Everything else is fine, I can even give trainers added in items like eviolite , but it won't let me touch the moves. I've already changed the .ini file with the one MrDollSteak provided in his patch. Any ideas?

Are you editing normal trainers? Or like gym leaders/elite four?
There are 4 types of trainers: Normal mooks where you can't edit moves or items, where you can edit moves, you can edit items, and ones where you can edit both.
You most likely are dealing with the 3rd kind.
In order to edit moves on a normal trainer, you're gonna have to repoint their data as moves take up extra data. If its gym leaders you're editing, double check the ini, and the offsets of the move names.

Back