• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Basically,i just make a new map,indoor map.Then when i want to insert it,i replace it with the route 4 in Bank 3,i also try to replace the tanoby ruins with this indoor map as well on bank 3 as well but the same problem.When i enter the house,this is what happen..,when i enter the house,either the screen when white or black then i cannot do anything..is there a way to fix this or am i doing something wrong..i will try to upload a video..here the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1lcz0l6ZvI
yeah, go to the map that's giving you the problems and click insert map. chose replace map and then replace the same map. advance map will give the map a new offset.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
Use UnlZ.Gba and find trainer/pokemon sprites which are in ROM (over 1000 for trainers and over 600 for pokemon) and replace some of them.
Thxs very much dude,ill download it.Is there a tut anywhere out there that i can use?

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
yeah, go to the map that's giving you the problems and click insert map. chose replace map and then replace the same map. advance map will give the map a new offset.
it stii does not work..need another solution,,

Basically,i just make a new map,indoor map.Then when i want to insert it,i replace it with the route 4 in Bank 3,i also try to replace the tanoby ruins with this indoor map as well on bank 3 as well but the same problem.When i enter the house,this is what happen..,when i enter the house,either the screen when white or black then i cannot do anything..is there a way to fix this or am i doing something wrong..i will try to upload a video..here the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1lcz0l6ZvI

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Here you go :)

Should I add it to the ROM Hacking Resources thread?

Yes you should.

Oh yes.
I found this at the back of the page of the Documents and Tutorials section.
For all of you guys who have hard time finding some of the harder offsets.

**TEXT BOX - 00471DEC
**TITLE SCREEN - 00EAE094
**TRAINER CARD - 00E99198
**OAK INTRO (BG) - 00460568
**TRAINER CARD (BG) - 00E991B8
**HIRO SPRITE (INTRO) - 0046161C
**POKEMON TITLE SCREEN LOGO - 00EAB6C4
**26EBFA - Museum Palette
**471E0C - Signpost Box Text box
**D004E0 - Battle textbox
**277B90 - Pokemart Floor
**Male Backsprite - E76EC1
**Female Backsprite - E76EE9
bootscreen offset - 0040226A
circle intro bg offset - 004629E6

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
I was wondering, is there a way, even if you get all 8 badges, to make a pokemon not obey you? because I want to make a pokemon that will never obey you.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I was wondering, is there a way, even if you get all 8 badges, to make a pokemon not obey you? because I want to make a pokemon that will never obey you.

There's a command - setobediencelevel. It has one parameter - a byte for the party slot of that Pokemon take away 1.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Hey, just a simple question here. I think I may be able to answer my own question with the answer, "No".

Is it possible to change your hero's sprite during the game? Like, let's stay from Chapters 1-5 you have an outfit on, but after Chapter 5, you change your outfit, and your sprite changes. Is it possible to do this? I'll accept any way, from a simple code, to ASM hacking. Is this possible?

In regards to my previous question, I understand now that it will require ASM.
Now, the further question, is how to actually do that. Does anyone have that knowledge?

Juan

Brazilian with a bad English
Years

In regards to my previous question, I understand now that it will require ASM.
Now, the further question, is how to actually do that. Does anyone have that knowledge?

Find the place where they are stored the pointers to the OW, Sprites and BackSprites in RAM.
Depois disso, descubra como eles são salvos lá, e modifique a rotina para que funcione como desejar.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 26, 2015
So i have been attempting to use some rom bases to start with my hack.
but all of them really only have tiles for the first map.

does anyone know if there is some rom bases somewhere where the tiles are already inserted into every town map?

(i just edited this post, i found the answer to previous question on some other page after searching for a while on the google)

thankss

Last edited:
Years
Ok. I'm nowhere near being even an intermediate scripter (signposts and NPCs ftw!), but I was wondering something. You know how to can temporarily change the weather of an area, by scripting? Is there any way you can mix two weather effects together? Like... Sandstorm and Rain (an awful example). Is it possible to script that, or not?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Ok. I'm nowhere near being even an intermediate scripter (signposts and NPCs ftw!), but I was wondering something. You know how to can temporarily change the weather of an area, by scripting? Is there any way you can mix two weather effects together? Like... Sandstorm and Rain (an awful example). Is it possible to script that, or not?

No, only one weather effect at a time. The only way to do what you're asking would be creating a whole new effect, I guess.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
I got a question.
Is there anyway when to make a person to give you a shiny Pokemon?
Could i use shinizer by hackmew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back