• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meaning of your Name

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Actually a really simple question: Does your name mean something special?
You can explain the meaning of your User Name, or Real name if you like.
I'll just go ahead and start:

Zorogami: Combination of Zoroark and Shinigami, because i really like Zoroark and his ability, and i loved the Anime Death Note, especially the Shinigami Ryuk :3

Alejandro (Real Name): originates from the Greek or Croatian, means "The Protector", i actually like it a lot ^^

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Ok JNathan : combination of Joseph and Nathan from my real name.
Joseph Nathan : my parents are fervent catholics and they named me after some catholic figures.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Xulek - Just an anagram of my irl name with an x added in. Basically I needed a name for my gamertag back when I first got my 360 and since I felt like my real name would be too boring I decided to spice it up a bit. Hard to believe that this name is almost 5 years old now lol.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
LilJz: I had this since high school and the Lil was because I was really short back then. J for Jerry, my real name. Z for Diaz, my family name. I just combined Lil and those two letters to form LilJz.

Jerry: My dad really liked Jerry Lewis, the comedian. So he named me after him.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
roen52- Roen if I'm not mistaken comes from rune and I added two numbers at the end becuase I didn't realize it wasn't necessary at the time.

Steven- Steven originates from Greek and means Crown and I like it.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My username is just because I like Slenderman. Also is because this username is the same as the one I had on another forum, which I was banned from. I figured that if one of my friends from there stumbled upon PC, they might recognize me. No luck so far.

My real name's meaning fits me enough that it's beyond weird. >_>

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I'll start with my username, then do my name irl.
Cosmotone8
Cosmo, implying something is from space and Tone, something produced from music Also the 8 is added on the end because it symbolizes infinity when turned on its side, and also because it's my favorite number.

Weston, name irl
The meaning of my name is so pathetic its hilarious. I literally burst out laughing when I saw it. Basically, Weston originates in Old England and when translated means "west town." So it went from "west town" to "Weston." Pathetic, eh?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I've fairly answered of the origin, but as for the meaning of Cassino, why the Volsci named their settlement Casinum, I have no idea. To myself, the name means two nice compositions by Michael Giacchino [1] [2], though in part it also laments the apparent recklessness of the United States military.

As for given names, I don't think the meaning of such a thing would necessarily be relevant to oneself as an individual; neither would be the etymological basis of the name. This is to say, as it is evident that parents generally name their children after such things as ancestors or popular contemporaries, the literal meaning of a name has become meaningless.

Last edited:
Years
My username may look simple, but the origin is easily known once you get it.

Hikari = I was once a fan of Dawn/Hikari back during 4th Generation of Pokemon. Still a cute character nontheless and I loved her in the anime.
10 = I was born in October, which is the 10th month.

As for my real name, Nichole, it's an odd spelling of a common name but it contains an anagram of Chloe, the name I was originally going to be called. Interesting isn't it?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
My name as Wind Heart was originated from my game play in Pokemon Black 2.
At that time, I want to use the name of 'Wind' as the new protagonist because I think 'Wind' might be nice name, and I like wind. And in Join Avenue, I thought of the last name 'Heart' because I want to change my heart into something better.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Rococo.
Rococo is a form of architecture which originated in Paris, Fance in the eighteenth century, also known as Late Baroque and, less commonly, Roccoco.
An example can be seen in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

The reason I choose to use Rococo as my username is for both how beautifully it rolls off the tongue, and as an admittance towards my love of architecture.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
AWSquared:AWsquared is a username I use on many sites, but it orginated back to my user on the photoblogging site Dailybooth. Originally the username was AaronWhatAaronWho. I thought it sound like a usename a famous youtuber would have. I later realized how long and stupid (for lack of a better word) it sounded. So I shortened it to AWsquared. AW are the initials of my real name and squared comes the square number in algebra or the result of multiplying a number, or other expression, by itself.

Aaron: (my real name) Aaron is a Hebrew name and in the Old Testament of the Bible is the name of the older brother of Moses. It mean's "high mountain", "mountain of strength" or "enlightened". My family is Catholic so my parents wanted to name me and my brothers after people in the Bible.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Tyler : It means door keeper of an inn.

Kuzronk : It's a mix of Kuzco and Kronk from the emperor's new groove (and other things). Made it while signing up to Club Penguin in late 2008.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
my real name and username are same
my name means gift from god i think xD

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Elarmasecreta is El Arma Secreta without the spaces. Arma is a nickname I've had since I was little, and it also means weapon in Spanish. El arma secreta means the secret weapon.

My real name is Marciano, originates from Latin, it means "from the God Mars". My name is implying I'm Martian XD. My parents said they named me after Marciano Vink, a Dutch football player.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Curtis Talli: the main character of my novel I am trying to write..and failing to. As for my Real name Kerri which my mum said I was named after my Aunt who died before I was born.

Back