• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

zel's Home-made Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
I tried to change pallette with hex editor but it too hard. I recommand to myself is snespal because it easeier than a hex editor. It perfect to change tm.

P.s. I like your trading pokemon editing picture.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
If you could, it would be a great idea to make a tutorial on changing the world map. I hear people whining about it all the time [yes,even me!]

So just a suggestion.

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
If you could, it would be a great idea to make a tutorial on changing the world map. I hear people whining about it all the time [yes,even me!]

So just a suggestion.

Oh, that would be wonderful ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2007
Could you edit the Big Sprites at the Oak Intro useing tile molester? Because The black and white colour thing is really hard but I was able to use tile tolester fairly easy. If you can could someone tell me the offset?

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
He said he don't think it's necessary to post a script tutorial because Irish Witch and Christos already made one..

but I think it will be very helpfull for many people to make a change worldmap tutorial ^^
but thats Zel's choise

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
rite...im new at this...i jus dwnloaded tile molester but i duno how to start it, there aint no .exe file or nething theres jus a lot of files but i duno which 1 to click on... cud sum1 plz help?
You need to click the 'tm.jar'-file..

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years

So just a suggestion.

Well, I can't make tutorials on something that I still haven't learned. I remember Cyclone has some small tutorial that works if you use R/S/E.

Could you edit the Big Sprites at the Oak Intro useing tile molester? Because The black and white colour thing is really hard but I was able to use tile tolester fairly easy. If you can could someone tell me the offset?

Well, I searched but I didn't seem to find it (or perhaps I just overlooked at it). Still, I don't think the B&W method is THAT hard, you just need some practice and trial/error.

I think that u can make a script tutorial. Anyway where is this kind of tutorial?

There are tutorials that cover the basics of scripting. If there is a need for a little more complicated script, then I'd try to write one. But for now, there is no such need.

rite...im new at this...i jus dwnloaded tile molester but i duno how to start it, there aint no .exe file or nething theres jus a lot of files but i duno which 1 to click on... cud sum1 plz help?

And, don't forget you need Java installed for the tm.jar to work.

Years
Hm... all the Tuts are really good, I think me and my friend may use the steps to make our game... But there is one thing I have a problem with, do you have a Tutorial for how to make over world sprites, or edit the ones in-game?

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Hm... all the Tuts are really good, I think me and my friend may use the steps to make our game... But there is one thing I have a problem with, do you have a Tutorial for how to make over world sprites, or edit the ones in-game?

That's real easy; just download OverWorld Editor English from the Toolbox thread; the tool itself is pretty easy to use. Just open a rom, and use the Import/Export button to put in new sprites or save originals to a file to edit them.

Years
That's real easy; just download OverWorld Editor English from the Toolbox thread; the tool itself is pretty easy to use. Just open a rom, and use the Import/Export button to put in new sprites or save originals to a file to edit them.

Thank you then. Do you know how to make scratch sprites? Or is it just erase and then make?

Ultima Super

Noob Hacker o.O
Years
okay my question is why does it have to be 256 color does that change anything? can it be 16color because this happended

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2012
zel could you post a short tutorial on how to stop replace the oak event at the begining, the one where he takes you to his lab after?

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
Zel, if I make a sprite(for big sprites at the intro) and then replace it for the original one, the grey colors 'merge' to just 2 or 3 grey colors..

do you know whats wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back