• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
a wild IDEA appears!

Its not much of one, but you could do like a monotype CHALLENGE (or solo or nuzlocke or etc.) exclusively for all finished pokemon hacks. (so that's Brown, RD Realm of Legends, Quartz, Topaz.) If im missing any, please let me know, SO I CAN GET THEM.

also, do I really have to bold the word CHALLENGE?

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
No, bolding CHALLENGE is just our little trend.
Many people do CHALLENGES on hacks. Even if you got some names wrong (REIGN of Legends, and what is Topaz ?), it is a nice idea if you never did it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
/old meme is old :(

I just had to drop out of a challenge. lol Bad, bad, bad challenge mod, I know. By the way, if anyone causes any mischief in any of my sections, this bad mamma jamma will get you, so be on the look out.

k1v4at.png

grrr scary seed bby!

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Nice one, but, going off topic, who started this image lock thingy ? I first saw Nica's Cherrim, and now this.

And to be not completly off topic, mondays suck nuzlocke had an epic ending. And I lost all of my team mates except for Loan Shark the Croconaw is SS.

/fail/

Years
I wonder if it would be worth making a challenge compilation thread? A thread that has all of the challenges and relative links to the threads in it, maybe a short description, and then a list of challenges that are too obscure or otherwise not worth a thread? Because I've seen a few good ideas and other challenges buried, and it would be useful for those who want to do a lot of challenges.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Technically, it started with Furret lock, which Audy has been using for ages. We just all decided that we were gen V obsessed and wanted our own locks. ^-^

About that compilation thread, I wouldn't really want to put the challenges that aren't made, because going through this thread would take ages. Plus, if I put a list and link to current challenges, it'd need constant updating for when they die off and when new ones are made and fffff. Guys, if you think this section is a mess when you see it, it's even worse for me because I can see all the deleted threads. So half the first page in this section is locked stuff. Haven't seen a new challenge in a week though.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Syd, that's why you need someone like me to watch over it! I've always wanted something like this to happen, especially for people like me. It can totally be stickied and stuff, and then if I don't see a challenge and someone else spies it, they can tell me and I'll add it in. Please?

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
OK guys, I've got some ideas, hope some turn out to be at least workable:

1 - pokemon Gym Leader Region Takeover:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

2 - Pokemon team renewal:
Spoiler:

3 - pokemon doubles:
Spoiler:

4 - pokemon sandwich challenge:
Spoiler:

5 - last but not least, pokemon consecutive type challenge:
Spoiler:

Thanks for listening :]

EDIT: 6 - Route Challenge!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Everlark

[ w h i t e ]
Years
I dig that middle challenge, because most of my favorite Pokemon are the middle stages (Quilava, Combusken, Marshtomp, Dragonair, Nidorina, etc.)

Syd, that's why you need someone like me to watch over it! I've always wanted something like this to happen, especially for people like me. It can totally be stickied and stuff, and then if I don't see a challenge and someone else spies it, they can tell me and I'll add it in. Please?

We can figure something out. Since challenges are so inactive right now, it might be easier to set it up during this time. But we can think of something and get that working.

Yes, this is my alt, for those that didn't know.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Syd,I remember that nickname :O When I saw it I thought you changed your name back xD

[Insert black and White Fandom here]

Um I'm in the mood for some Survival Challenge (Mainly cause Nuzlocke is in a dead end right now because I absolutly hate Grinding) (expects "THen why are you in Nuzlocke" xD) So I'll prob do that when I get the chance.

I also might have to do every challenge inthis thread cause my birthday is on Sunday (26th) Oh joy.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
They can't cheat using Ditto because Ditto is its own Egg Group, and the challenge revolves around using Pokemon of a certain egg group. So you'd be stuck with only Ditto if you chose that Egg Group.

And no Chaos, I won't make you do every challenge in the thread. Just that survival challenge. That's it. :P

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Syd always finds cute titles, OMG OMG !!!1111!!!11!
Eh, whatever.
Nice ideas you got there, Dunsparce. I was a bit too lazy to read through them all though xD
Sandwich challenge sounds really fun (and the name is catchy too), mostly because it is easy, and, well I am quite lazy. And SoulSilver hurt today. A LOT.
Okay, the rest, I am inactive. Oh well, I just hope I can log in my EPIC nuzzy.
I mean, epic failing.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Do we have to use pokemon only for challenges, or can we use other games?

Um, considering all these challenges are for Pokemon games, yes? I mean, you're asking in a section called General Pokemon Gaming Discussion, so I don't know what kinda answer you're expecting.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
Thanks guys, good to know they might get somewhere. I intend to try as many of those as possible myself, I'll get back to this thread when I'm done.

Most of all, I'd really like to know how any of these could be made more fun, 'cause I only know my own preferences - and most of all, they are for it to be difficult/force me to use weird pokes.

I'm currently doing a modified Nuzlocke: the usual rules, plus all pkmn I own must be at least a certain level before each gym, otherwise they're unusable (dead) after that gym. Also, I'm test-running the Team Replacement challenge I talked about earlier in the same game - so each poke species can only fight in 1 gym battle. Wonder what will happen when I hit the water routes :/

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Yes, I know. Here is the exact quote from the HGSS GameFAQs walkthrough ...

I said it from memory, so I was wrong. Well, anyways, as you can see, you can use items, but only the ones you get on the field.
Well, someone can attempt it. And who is that ?
I'll let you guys guess.

and yes, I approve of this title :-)
Looks that person is me :O (yes I pulled this quote from a couple pages back xD

I'm debating wether(spelling fail) to do the Survival Challenge now and not record.Or wait till I find my video Camera and make a Playthrough (kinda like what I did in my HG Mono type exept I will record the whole thing) (And with Slow Internet being in Brasil this will be annoying D:)

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Myrrh,I will be using Heart Gold because Rock Smash is a necessity in this run.I've decided that I will record but if Youtube annoys me like my last recorded run (Not Uploading/Uploading out of order/taking 24 hours to upload one video) I will stop.I'm asl gonna be creative and Nickname my pokes after some of you guys (Sydian,Mondays,560Cool.,Myrrhman and Myself of course xD) Who you guys will be named after I will not say,because unlike Black and White this will not be spoiled >:D

Also Myrrh we have to test some stuff like does Trading/Pokethlon heal because if they do we must ban it or unless its necessary like Trade evo's or Obtaining Evolution Items. I'm pretty motivated to do this because I personaly like recording and this can be a good base for when I do a recorded Playthrough of Black I will get some idea to do so.

(Also who will make the thread,If I do you can be co-owner.And if you do could I be Co-Owner?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back