• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Power of the Mind - A Psychic-type fanclub~

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokémon: Espeon
Favorite Psychic-types: Alakazam, Hypno, Jynx, Slowking, Espeon, Lugia, Sigilyph
Why I like Psychic types: Never questioned that one but I like a good Psychic type who can easily faint the opposition
Current topic discussion: I'd save the world with my powers
Favorite Psychic moves: Psybeam and Psywave
Most impressive Psychic type in the anime: Kadabra. Seeing him being lead by Sabrina made me realize how powerful Psychic types really are.

Years
Username: Regeneration
Partner Pokemon:
Gallade
Favourite Psychic-types:
Gallade, Gardevoir
Why you like the Psychic-type:
To kick those annoying poison types' butts. >OWho you gonna toxic now*****? jk. :p

The current discussion topic(s): If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers?
Play pranks on people I guess. :(

What are some of your favourite Psychic-type moves?
Psycho cut, psychic; very reliable moves. :D

What is the most impressive Psychic-type Pokemon that you have seen in the anime?
Ugh.. I don't remember a thing about the anime. Sabrina's Kadabra was pretty badass from what I can recall.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Yeeeah I'm joining plenty of clubs, haha.

Username: Powerserge

Partner Pokemon: Mewtwo

Favourite Psychic-types: Mewtwo, Lugia, Espeon, Wobbuffet.

Why you like the Psychic-type: Because they symbolize the power of the mind, something that I'm a big believer in myself!

The current discussion topic(s): If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers?: Brainwash the world into being smarter and more compassionate, haha!

What are some of your favourite Psychic-type moves? Psychic, Psystrike, and Mirror Coat.

What is the most impressive Psychic-type Pokemon that you have seen in the anime? Mewtwo (No surprise there)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome to the club, CloysterOyster, Regeneration, and Powerserge. I could foresee you all joining from before it even happened. :) That or I'm zapping lasers at you.

New topic! What Psychic Pokemon do you think cannot control its power?

Years
What Psychic Pokemon do you think cannot control its power?
What is this I don't even... Mewtwo I guess? From what I remember from the first movie it kinda went on a rampage and...

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Username: Olli to the 97 yo.
Partner Pokemon: Lugia
Favourite Psychic-types: Lugia, mainly because of my past experiences with it, back when it played a major role on my team in Silver. I actually mainly used it for Flying and Water type moves, since I thought that was its typing for the longest time. I mean, it's the freaking guardian of the sea, how can it not be a Water type. But nope, turns out it was Psychic type instead.

I also like Pokemon like Mewtwo, Alakazam and Slowbro (I played a lot of first generation games, shup), mainly because they're all super powerful with they Psychic type moves, and they've rarely ever let me down in battle. Basically, I feel like most Psychic types are good for the damage powerhouse in the team, which is why I always feel like they're such valuable members.

Why you like the Psychic-types?: Pretty much mentioned that above. They're pretty much always reliable to deal great damage to the foe's Pokemon, and pretty much all Psychic types I've used have turned out to be some of the most valuable Pokemon on my team. I hate using them in Nuzlockes though, because a lot of them faint extremely easy, so I either end up quickly losing them, or I lose them in some of the later major battles, which is just absolutely painful :( But yeah, Psychic types just feel really special to me, which is why I like them.

If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers?
I don't know, brainwash people to make an army to help me in my world conquest? Kill random passerby's for fun with my awesome psychic powers? Or just prank people by making them lose complete control over their body. Nah, all I can think of are either dangerous, painful or just plain nasty things, because that's all I can really associate psychic abilities with. I guess I could use it to bend spoons, but come on, that's boring!

Eh, not all too familiar with the moves in Pokemon, since I haven't played all that much over the past few years, and I've only used very few Psychic Pokemon. And the moves that have appeared lots of times with those have been Psybeam and Psychic, so I guess those would be my favourite moves. I don't play competitively, so all those Psychic type moves that people use for advantages, like switching abilities and such, I'm not really familiar with at all, and have never used them. I know of them, but that's about it. I really feel like the Psychic type lacks damaging moves, but I'm mainly talking third gen and before here, so yeah.

What is the most impressive Psychic-type Pokemon that you have seen in the anime?

I'm actually surprised that so few mentioned Mewtwo, but then again, it's a given. His powers were pretty incredible in both the first movie and in Mewtwo Returns, and it definitely put him at the top as the most impressive Psychic type I've seen, both in the games and in the anime. I mean, he could pretty much wreck anything in his path, and the only way Giovanni was able to stop him, was by threatening to hurt his friends, and Mewtwo still managed to get back on his feet as the killing machine he is (with some help from Ash, but who cares >:O).

Sabrina's Kadabra was also pretty cool, but not much was really done at all to highlight Sabrina as a trainer, and the same goes for a lot of the other gym leaders. in the first season of the anime, Ash pretty much won most of the important battles on luck, and though they've made him more of a strategic and battle wise person in the later seasons, it still left a lot of the first generation gym leaders in the dust, since there wasn't much battle with them.

What Psychic Pokemon do you think cannot control its power?

I'm gonna roll with Mewtwo again. In the games the Cerulean Cave was sealed off for most trainers because Mewtwo was simply too powerful, and why this doesn't exactly imply that Mewtwo can't control its power, I think it's the best candidate for it. I mean, the ones who become evil are often the ones with power they can't control and then the hero comes along and they're the only one that can control the power blah blah cliche stuff. But yeah, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo was regarded as an evil Pokemon, and they somehow kept it inside the cave because otherwise it'd go on a rampage and stuff. In the anime, he wasn't able to control his power before Giovanni taught him either, so yeah, I guess I can base it on that, even if the anime isn't really canonical.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Thanks for adding me. To answer the current topic, Mewtwo is definitely one who can't control his psychic powers. I am not sure of any other Pokémon who can't control it except maybe that Gothitelle who blocked the Skyarrow Bridge in the anime.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Narnia

Partner Pokemon:
Slowpoke

Favourite Psychic-types:
I really like Slowpoke, I'm not sure why. I guess it describes me in a sense- rather lazy at times! It's a great, bulky water-type to use and despite it's non-existent speed, it's huge wall of defence makes up for it. Throw in the fact that it has a respectable special attack stat and has access to a huge range of moves and this is one cool Pokemon. I also love it mainly because of its derpy design.

As for the other two, I guess they're mainly based off design as well. They're also such good-natured Pokemon in the anime and I really like using them on my teams as well.

Why you like the Psychic-type (I don't mind if you don't have much to say, but don't say too much either)

For one, the concept of the psychic-type is breathtaking. Pokemon that possess powers that we can only wildly imagine. The ability to control objects and make them float, the power they possess is unbelievable. In-game psychic-types always make a worthy addition to any team with their wide movepools- take Alakazam for example. It can send Thunderbolts, Energy Balls, Psychic, Shadow Ball and all sorts of moves. It can also recover its health at the same time with Recover. Isn't that pretty cool?

I've also always liked them for just being so unique. I find them a lovable type to use and I'll never regret trying out a few psychic types in my games. They're just unbelievably strong and not to mention, they can play all sorts of roles. They can be irritating, get a few stat boosts to become unstoppable or just be there to support your team in tough situations. Whatever it is, psychic-types can do it. They're just that great. :]

OH AND DID I MENTION, THEY CAN BEND SPOONS? That's definitely the coolest part, not gonna lie.

If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers?

I'm not quite sure actually. Bend a few spoons for my amusement before realising it's not as entertaining as it seems and then go cause some havoc. Send pots and pans flying through the air, scare passerbys, to be honest it'd be extremely fun. Just be a troublemaker in general and make a few cats levitate.

Psychic the psychic type move used by psychics! It's reliable accuracy, huge amount of damage and practically every psychic-type can do it. It's just a great move in general and I try and throw this on a Pokemon whenever I get the chance.

Probably Mewtwo to be completely honest. It was able to defeat and burn down the scientist lab/mansion it was held in. It then managed to escape and learn how to control its powers with the help of Giovanni and finally creates the cloned Pokemon who are by far, stronger and rougher. It's easily the most impressive psychic-type with being able to make other Pokemon levitate helplessly, throw all sorts of attacks at you and control a clone army.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
Username: -Ahsan-
Partner Pokemon: Gengar
Favourite Psychic-types: Espeon, Mew, Starmie, Lugia, Celebi, Jirachi,Latios, Latias, Victini, Gardevoir.
Why you like the Psychic-type: Their attacks are super effective to every type of pokemon except dark types :)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Club is being closed at request of the owner. If anyone wants to take over the club, contact [user]Classic Sonic[/user] about it, and if you get a yes, just PM either AlexOzzyCake or myself, and we'll get right on it. For the moment though, it'll remain closed.

Ar4VX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back