• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Default 'Toujours or Nica, can you please check my signature because it's only ever you two who ever do it. Please and thank you~' post.

...XD Your signature is fine!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that my signature is fine... :P

Wow, I remember the time when we were allowed to have ridiculously large sigs that took up the entire width of the page... good times. Good times.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So... is my sig fine or not ?

Your signature is also fine! Though it is advised not to bypass the character limit and instead type a few more words.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
How is my sig? If it's too big, what can I do?
EDIT: lol, just saw a scroll bar
EDIT... again: OK, fixed the size. Is something else wrong with it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Start with taking out the space between your two images and the line of text (the Primal Dialga Theme text) you have there. If that doesn't work, then you might have to rearrange your theme so everything fits in the 600x350 space. Taking out the two smilies might help as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I think my sig falls within a grey area and would like some clarification.

For starters, the entire thing is wrapped in a single DIV with maximum dimensions 500x300px, with width defaulting to 400px.

My concern lies in a progress bar I've added to the bottom of the sig. I use percentage sizes there for a few reasons:

• Percentage width on the bar wrapper as a matter of convenience, to ensure that the progress bar doesn't exceed the containing DIV's width. This would actually help compliance with the general size limits.
  • Percentage height to size the colored progress portions of the bar, so that I don't have to guess at or modify the default line-height or font-size of the text within the progress bar. (An improper guess would break the layout.)
  • Percentage width to size the colored progress portions of the bar, as a matter of convenience and to prevent typos that could cause me to make them too large (and exceed the bar/sig size).
So I use percentages, but only for things that are almost absolutely necessary and to help ensure compliance with signature maximum size limits. Acceptable or no?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think my sig falls within a grey area and would like some clarification.

For starters, the entire thing is wrapped in a single DIV with maximum dimensions 500x300px, with width defaulting to 400px.

My concern lies in a progress bar I've added to the bottom of the sig. I use percentage sizes there for a few reasons:

• Percentage width on the bar wrapper as a matter of convenience, to ensure that the progress bar doesn't exceed the containing DIV's width. This would actually help compliance with the general size limits.
  • Percentage height to size the colored progress portions of the bar, so that I don't have to guess at or modify the default line-height or font-size of the text within the progress bar. (An improper guess would break the layout.)
  • Percentage width to size the colored progress portions of the bar, as a matter of convenience and to prevent typos that could cause me to make them too large (and exceed the bar/sig size).
So I use percentages, but only for things that are almost absolutely necessary and to help ensure compliance with signature maximum size limits. Acceptable or no?

Even still, it's not allowed. If we make exceptions for one person, everyone else is going to ask for exceptions, etc, sorry :(

I'm sure there's a way to design it with px but it'd be a lot more complicated, you could always use a screenshot of it I guess? :x

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I'm sure there's a way to design it with px but it'd be a lot more complicated, you could always use a screenshot of it I guess? :x
Understood. Percentage widths have been removed and the signature should now be compliant. It's a lot of code, though, so if I missed anything... Well, I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Percentage heights are needed for it to work, but OP never said anything about heights, so those, I left in... ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back