• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Player Customization

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
Branching out on the idea of customizable trainers, wouldn't it be cool if at the beginning of the game, it asks for your age and creates an avatar based on that age? So the hero could look younger or older depending on what age you select.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Do you think it's time for customizable characters?

I do think its a little over due I say there should be a feature where you either choose one of the main protagonist or to create your own character or atleast make the main protagonist customizable so you won't really be changing the character but you could make the trainer look how you want it ehh it's just a thought

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Yes. We should have had this a few games ago IMO. Especially how ridiculous the last male protagonist was in B2/W2. If it's my very own pokemon adventure, why can't I make my own avatar?

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Yes. We should have had this a few games ago IMO. Especially how ridiculous the last male protagonist was in B2/W2. If it's my very own pokemon adventure, why can't I make my own avatar?

Exactly how I feel it would make wifi battles more interesting because it would show player imagination on how they feel they would look if they became trainers ehh just saying it wouldn't hurt

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I saw somewhere that there was a glitch that the male's glasses fell off when he was swinging on the branch. This possibly means that the glasses aren't attached to his model, meaning they could be taken off or changed, aka the protagonist could be customized? I thought that was a really interesting point! ^^

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Honestly I never sought after this feature. I guess now that the game is 3D, I can get into some custimizations. I was just always fine with the given avatar. Wifi battles could be solved by selecting a traner skin before a battle also. But I just hope we can get rid of those sunglasses. .-.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Customizations could help distinguish each other's trainer. It is kind of wierd that when we do link battle/wifi battle/random matchup we are battling people that look like another copies of us. It would be interesting to let the game to implement this.

Genghoul

Composer & Aspiring ROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
If there is customization, it would be awesome if some articles of customizable clothing were easter eggs from other Nintendo games. If I could walk around a Pokemon world wearing Link's hat, my life would be complete.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Further evidence to back-up Player Customization is the fact that the Player isn't seen throwing a Pokemon when a battle begins in the videos. Perhaps they can't have that feature in the game because of the wide variety of player sprites...

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
It would be great to have customization in these games. I would actually look different from everyone else. (Finally!!)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Further evidence to back-up Player Customization is the fact that the Player isn't seen throwing a Pokemon when a battle begins in the videos. Perhaps they can't have that feature in the game because of the wide variety of player sprites...

That's a good point but perhaps the throwing Pokeball thing just doesn't occur in a few situations and otherwise occurs in others, since we don't know if it's just a one-time thing for now.

Years
I'd like character customization to be implemented someday. I don't think it will for X and Y, but we can dream.

But it has be full-blown customization for me to be satisfied. Not just face, but clothes too!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
If XY does have customization, it will be small, like sunglasses or hat. Most people would be happy with that, even if it seems small.

Didn't Dragon Quest 9 for the DS have custom characters and a similar visual style to XY?

xDust

Pokémon Master
Years
In my opinion I really don't care about character customization, sure it would be nice but I can get used to the main characters.

ArcanineLink

Experienced Arcanine Trainer
Years
I really hope that it is player customization. I can't see any other reason why they would show the character standing in the mirror else. Unless it was to show off the character... but I don't think so! it would be awesome to be able to customize our character, even if it was just the clothes .^_^.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
What I'd also like to see in the customization in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y is also the type of bag you'd be wearing, not just the hat, clothing, shoes and sunglasses. It would also be nice to see scarfs in the game as well, anything to do with accessories. Maybe even badges you could put on your character? And maybe even the Gym Badges you'd be able to put on as well?

There's a huge opportunity for many of those things to be implemented. Even some places may expect the player to be wearing certain things, most certainly to maybe even disguise as the evil team's Grunt or something, like how it was in HeartGold and SoulSilver in a way.

Back