• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Yes! You'll have to stay awhile!! and help revive art school

And awww thanks ;;

Art School is dead? :O I'll do my best to help out. As I said in the return thread, I can't guarantee overwhelming activity, but I'll do my best with the time I am able to spend here.

But from what I've heard A&D is more active than when I left it, so I've a lot to check out and enjoy too :D

Years
Art School is dead? :O I'll do my best to help out. As I said in the return thread, I can't guarantee overwhelming activity, but I'll do my best with the time I am able to spend here.

But from what I've heard A&D is more active than when I left it, so I've a lot to check out and enjoy too :D

yeeeaaahh a lil bit. I tried to make some new thread types and changes to the way class worked to get better activity but never got around to...you know. Actually making a push for getting classes/those threads to go yet. @_@
But I think it's outlined in the first art school posts, the extended type of threads now.

I don't know if it's super more active, but we do have quite a few more regulars now! Lots of extra events because of Daily as well.

Circuit

Years
All good stuff! I'll make sure to check everything new out and get posting and doing stuff around here again then!

And if you want help with anything give me a shout. As I said, I want to do what I can to help push this section further forward ^-^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019
My recent work. Hope you like it
Sidney
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Circuit

Years
Nice stuff! I really like it, the anatomy is great, and the lineart is jagged and rough, portraying a harder personality of your character, which is further emphasised by the accessories you've given him, hair style and pose etc. The silhouette behind him contrasts this by being smoother and more refined, showing another side to our character hidden from view, shrouding him in mystery and making me wonder who he is. A really effective drawing, more please :D

For some criticism here, I would say, don't be afraid to mix in some softer edges into your piece, as certain body parts don't benefit from jagged edges, such as elbows and knuckles. With your outlining and shading, they do already appear nice, so it's a minor thing at most.

I can't critique any more than that really. But that's a really nice piece of art, and I'd love seeing more in a gallery :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019
Wallace
Spoiler:

Legendary trio
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Wallace
Spoiler:

Legendary trio
Spoiler:

Oh my goodness, I'm such a fan of your style!! The line weight is right up my alley and it's really effective in giving your pieces a nice edgy look. Can I ask if you just use a thick brush from the get-go, or do you go back and thicken the lineart bit by bit??

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019
Oh my goodness, I'm such a fan of your style!! The line weight is right up my alley and it's really effective in giving your pieces a nice edgy look. Can I ask if you just use a thick brush from the get-go, or do you go back and thicken the lineart bit by bit??
Thanks so much. And the answer is "going back and thicken the lineart bit by bit" :D
----------------
here is my recent drawing. Hope you like it :D
Jasmine
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
So, I got bored and made some Mega sprites. Half edits, then like a quarter pixel overs with a bit of scratch and another quarter were done as half-pixel over, half scratch. The custom Mega Arceus is a bit shit, I know.

AO4GmHX.png

pls r8erino

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019
My recent work. Hope you like it :D
Gary and Ash
Spoiler:

I drew myself as a trainer :D
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status