• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
Your question has been answered and not only once. Just read or think (it's possible to do both simultaneously, but not required) and your patience will be rewarded.

Don't think, that users, especially seniors will answer your question, if it was answered in the same page, you're asking, just few posts above.
And ... do not ask the same question multiple times.

In case, you still cannot find a link, the answer is posted 11 and 13 post above your last reply.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 28, 2014
First of all I will start of by saying thanks to the creators for dedicating your time into making such an awesome hack ;) seeing that how I watched the anime from the start, it's really awesome to play as Ash and follow along the story plot.

And also I need some help here :/
I've been playing the version 3.61 and i completed the Indigo league, I was told by professor Oak that heading towards the east of route 1 will lead you to the orange island.

And apparently I don't think 3.61 have the orange island part, so I went ahead and downloaded 4.2 From the first post. And here is where the problem comes in. The file is in IPS format instead of ZIP. I can't open it as I'm playing on my Android (My boy!) how do I convert it to ZIP format? Or is there some other solution to the problem that I somehow overlooked?

And also how do I continuing playing on 4.2 ( If my previous issue Is solved) with my old game file?

Help would be much appreciated :)
Once again I would love to be able continue to play this awesome hack!
:/ can someone help me?
I stated my problems in the previous post and it's been quite a few days and I'm getting no replies.

I really wish to continue to play this Game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
YO, so I am super stuck.

I just defeated Mewtwo and go back home and mom wont ask me to go get the gloom potion or whatever. I think its because I didnt defeat the surfing Pikachu cause I skipped past it, but I cant go back because I dont have a raft. Any ideas?

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
:/ can someone help me?
I stated my problems in the previous post and it's been quite a few days and I'm getting no replies.

I really wish to continue to play this Game.
plug your android device into your computer, turn on usb debugging, open the folder where you keep your roms, download the 4.2 ips patch, and apply directly to the rom

2wise

2wise For You :P
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
Is the first post updated? I mean beta 4.2 have been released for a while now & are these features included?

BETA 4.0

The Mandarin Island Miss Match
Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?
Get Along, Little Pokémon
The Mystery Menace
Misty Meets Her Match
Bound For Trouble
Charizard Chills

2wise

2wise For You :P
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
Question. How does the evolution works? Is there any difference? Do we still need to trade and all that other stuff to complete the pokedex?

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
Years
Question. How does the evolution works? Is there any difference? Do we still need to trade and all that other stuff to complete the pokedex?

1. This is anime based hack of the 1st season + orange islands.

2.You suppose to catch Ash's pokemon ( Bulbasaur,Snorlax,Charmander,Squirtle,Pidgeot,Lapras) for events.But if you want other pokemon , Idk because why do u need other ? You can't use them in events.

But it is your choice,but about Trade evos, probably - yes,you still need trade for an evos.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
How does the evolution works? Is there any difference? Do we still need to trade and all that other stuff to complete the pokedex?

No, the trade-based evolutions are now based on happiness (ex. Kadabra to Alakazam)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
First of all, thanks to the creator of this awesome hack.
I've encountered a glitch that heavily affects gameplay: i have to trigger the fight with Misty in Cerulean City gym after Mt.Moon quest but Daisy just keeps saying over and over and over "The underwater ballet was, like, a huge success. now we can keep gym running and continue putting on performance for our adoring fans!" . I've tried to talk to everyone in the city (including the officer event), read all the signs, exiting and entering the gym. How i resolve this? I'm using the lastest beta 4.2.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
I've encountered a glitch that heavily affects gameplay: i have to trigger the fight with Misty in Cerulean City gym after Mt.Moon quest but Daisy just keeps saying over and over and over "The underwater ballet was, like, a huge success. now we can keep gym running and continue putting on performance for our adoring fans!" . I've tried to talk to everyone in the city (including the officer event), read all the signs, exiting and entering the gym. How i resolve this? I'm using the lastest beta 4.2.

you have to read the gym sign. you know the big sign inside of the gym where it says things about the trainer.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014

don't know why, but i STRONG recomend ALL OF YOU, to start a new game but you need to set in the emulator settings, the REAL TIME CLOCK. If you are playing with some android emulator i think it's not necessary, it is already activated. I'm telling this because when i played it on pc emulator, some event not trigger to me, and i read someone telling that is good to set the real time clock, i had nothing to loose and i did it, i started a new game and play with the real time clock, all my events trigged. Include Myst Mermaid event, other good thing is to play with the same team that ash, you will play all the events. But the real time clock it's needed. And there is a guy in the youtube, that make a video with all episodes of ash gray, you have to search for the number of the anime episode and ash gray before, like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP5DoUt6C-c. This guy make video with all episodes it might help you a lot.
Sorry bad, bad english i'm Brazilian.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raj
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
I was using a pre-patched Ash Gray ROM but when I downloaded a clean fire red ROM and patched it with lunar IPS the Misty event worked perfectly!!
But now i have another glitch: after Koga Gym event I have to do the race in the Laramie Ranch but when i enter the circuit after defeating Lara Ash isn't riding Ponyta he's walking! Dario is ready on the start line but the event doesnt't trigger. I've been using the real time clock since the beginning.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
Quick question is this going to be finished or is 4.2 the farthest this hack is going?

Back