• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

External Hard Drives!

Years
I'm sure we all back things up from our computers, or maybe we needs some extra storage around the house that isn't in the cloud, and that's what external hard drives are for..

So I wanna know.. do you have an external hard drive, or do you have more than one external hard drive? What model(s) drive(s) do you have? What size(s) are your external hard drive(s)?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I had a Western Digital Elements 1.5TB for about three years before it got too many bad sectors and I had to get everything off of there. Luckily, I had enough storage on my desktop server to hold the data until I can get a newer, better hard drive. I'm currently looking at getting a Seagate 4TB USB 3.0 hard drive. This is the first problem I've ever had with any WD hard drive. I'm really a fan of WD, but Seagate hasn't done me wrong either.

I just ordered a USB 3.0 64gb flash drive, so I'm pretty excited about that! I love my ADATA 16gb. (I figured this'd fit in here, since they're basically mini SSDs).

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
I have a 1TB Buffalo Ministation, solely for Steam games. Of the 931GB it actually has, I have about 285GB free, so it should last me a while yet.

I used to have a 200GB one, can't remember who made it, but sold it to my mum so she could back up. I should probably back my stuff up one day. =P

perthskies

Nostalgic
Years
I'm a big fan of Western Digital, always gone for their internal ones with no issues. :D

Earlier this year I bought a WD My Passport 2 TB from Amazon for $150 USD. At the time the 2 TB version wasn't available in Australian retail stores and even with shipping was still cheaper by the time it came out here.

I see now the price has dropped to $128.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Right now, I have a Seagate Backup Plus external disk drive. It's the 1 TB 2.5" variant with USB 3.0.

I use it for, yep, backups of the laptop's data (as well as a system image), and it's also used for shuffling around very large files that my 16 GB USB flash drive couldn't store even when it's formatted with exFAT.

I also like how when you remove the USM, it exposes the perfectly normal SATA connectors in both ends... And the fact that you can use said USM for any 2.5" drive.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
As of now, I have a Transcend Storejet 500 GB external hard disk and Spectra Flash Rapid Store FX 1 TB one, and a 80 GB external hard drive given by one of my relatives.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I have a 2TB Seagate external drive that I got on clearance at Best Buy after my old one died. Wasn't too thrilled about getting another Seagate since the one that died was a Seagate (and only like 4 years old) but it was when hard drive prices had skyrocketed due to the floods overseas and it was a really good clearance price.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
My external hard drive is actually an SD card that I plug into a reader. It's large enough to hold most of the files that I keep. That is, the books that I'm working on writing. Because of the risk of damage due to the nature of hard drives, I choose to store my files on something that doesn't rely on magnetic tape.

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
Years
i have an eGO from i omega it's only 300GBs and 2/3 full I'm hoping i can snag a 2+TB one on black Friday but we'll see how that goes. most of the Hard drive is anime i... "aquired" and other random knick knacks.

Years
I have 3 External Drives for a total of about 6Tb after adding in the 2 internal drives. I use them mostly for media, My main os Backup is on a Different Internal Drive while all documents and pictures are on several clouds. One Drive is dedicated purely for Videos(2TB) One for applications and Misc files (1.5TB) and another for Comics(750GB)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
So I got my 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive and OMG it's awesome. Using my old flash drives that write between 2-5mB/s makes me cry now.

Back