• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Crazy Clause Challenge

Years
Username: Allan
Game: Y
Condition list:
1. Can only use in-game event or in-game trade Pokemon
2. Can only use pokemon based on turtles
3. Can only use pokemon found in the first 3 routes.
4. Can only use pokemon based on food.
5. Can only use HM slaves (Pokemon that can learn 4+ HMs)

Years
Username: Allan
Game: Y
Condition list:
1. Can only use in-game event or in-game trade Pokemon
2. Can only use pokemon based on turtles
3. Can only use pokemon found in the first 3 routes.
4. Can only use pokemon based on food.
5. Can only use HM slaves (Pokemon that can learn 4+ HMs)

I think you could use Pokémon based on turtles because I want to see what you'll come up with.

Years
Username: LRachelR5
Game: Platinum
Condition list:
1. Can only use new evolutions for older Pokemon
2. Can only use Pokemon that are a gift or in game trade or needs to involve the interaction of the player with the environment (including the Rotom)
3. Can only use pokemon based on mythical creatures/ legends
4. Can only use Cynthia's team
5. Can only use Cyrus' team

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Username: LRachelR5
Game: Platinum
Condition list:
1. Can only use new evolutions for older Pokemon
2. Can only use Pokemon that are a gift or in game trade or needs to involve the interaction of the player with the environment (including the Rotom)
3. Can only use pokemon based on mythical creatures/ legends
4. Can only use Cynthia's team
5. Can only use Cyrus' team

Option#1 to start.

As for me....

Username: CodeHelmet
Game: Yellow

Conditions:

1) Use only Pokemon from Pokemon Anime(Excluding Ash!). By excluding Ash, I can only use Pokemon obtained by Brock, Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena. Since many of the Pokemon they have don't exist in Generation 1, I'm limited mostly to what Misty and Brock got but thankfully May got two Kanto starters and an Eevee. Sun&Moon can die a horrible death.
2)May only use five Pokemon and one must come from each Elite Four member and Champion/rival. Hence one Pokemon from Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance and Blue/Gary. Furthermore, I must battle them with their Pokemon at top of list.
3) Use Pokemon from the FAST XP group. There are only three in Kanto: Clefairy, Jigglypuff, and Chansey.
4) Pick another region(that's not Kanto) and base a team off of the Gym Leader's Pokemon(you choose the region and Gym Leaders!).
5) A team exclusively of NFE.
6) Pokemon from a specific color(you pick).
7) Pokemon who are at least 50% Female(if not higher). I understand Gender didn't get added until Gen 2 but it's not hard to simply look it up.
8) Pokemon who later get a pre-evolved form or an evolution. Ex: Pikachu gets Pichu or Tangela gets Tangrowth.

Years
Option#1 to start.

As for me....

Username: CodeHelmet
Game: Yellow

Conditions:

1) Use only Pokemon from Pokemon Anime(Excluding Ash!). By excluding Ash, I can only use Pokemon obtained by Brock, Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena. Since many of the Pokemon they have don?t exist in Generation 1, I?m limited mostly to what Misty and Brock got but thankfully May got two Kanto starters and an Eevee. Sun&Moon can die a horrible death.
2)May only use five Pokemon and one must come from each Elite Four member and Champion/rival. Hence one Pokemon from Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance and Blue/Gary. Furthermore, I must battle them with their Pokemon at top of list.
3) Use Pokemon from the FAST XP group. There are only three in Kanto: Clefairy, Jigglypuff, and Chansey.
4) Pick another region(that?s not Kanto) and base a team off of the Gym Leader?s Pokemon(you choose the region and Gym Leaders!).
5) A team exclusively of NFE.
6) Pokemon from a specific color(you pick).
7) Pokemon who are at least 50% Female(if not higher). I understand Gender didn?t get added until Gen 2 but it?s not hard to simply look it up.
8) Pokemon who later get a pre-evolved form or an evolution. Ex: Pikachu gets Pichu or Tangela gets Tangrowth.
Seeing as you gave me mine I will give you yours and you can do clause number 8.

Small update for my challenge I have just reached Hearthome City. My original team make up has change since starting this challenge, I originally wanted to use Magnezone but seeing as I managed to get an Aipom from a honey tree and decided to catch a Ralts to help deal with the fighting weakness of my team I think that the last pokemon I am going to use will be Mamoswine to have a electric immunity and a back up for Garchomp when I take on Cynthia.

TEAM
aipom.png

Abu
Level: 17
Ability: Pickup
Nature: Naughty
Moveset: Return, Sand-Attack, Astonish, Tail Whip

ralts.png

Harry
Ability: Trace
Nature: Quiet
Moveset: Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Lucky Chant

probopass.png

James Hook
Level: 21
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Sassy
Moveset: Rock Throw, Tackle, Rock Smash, Harden

budew.png

Florian@Soothe Bell
Level: 27
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Rash
Moveset: Mega Drain, Growth, Water Sport, Stun Spore

togepi.png

Carlos
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Lonely
Moveset: Metronome, Charm, Growl, Sweet Kiss

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Seeing as you gave me mine I will give you yours and you can do clause number 8.

Small update for my challenge I have just reached Hearthome City. My original team make up has change since starting this challenge, I originally wanted to use Magnezone but seeing as I managed to get an Aipom from a honey tree and decided to catch a Ralts to help deal with the fighting weakness of my team I think that the last pokemon I am going to use will be Mamoswine to have a electric immunity and a back up for Garchomp when I take on Cynthia.

TEAM
aipom.png

Abu
Ability: Pickup
Nature: Naughty
Moveset: Return, Sand-Attack, Astonish, Tail Whip

ralts.png

Harry
Ability: Trace
Nature: Quiet
Moveset: Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Lucky Chant

probopass.png

James Hook
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Sassy
Moveset: Rock Throw, Tackle, Rock Smash, Harden

budew.png

Florian@Soothe Bell
Level: 27
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Rash
Moveset: Mega Drain, Growth, Water Sport, Stun Spore

togepi.png

Carlos
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Lonely
Moveset: Metronome, Charm, Growl, Sweet Kiss

Good luck on your run. Got Pikachu, Magnemite, Magmar, Electabuzz, Tangela, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Zubat, Poliwag, Oddish, Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee, Slowpoke, Onix, Lickitung, Rhyhorn, Chansey, Horsea, Mr.Mime, Jynx, Porygon and Snorlax to choose from. Some of them I can't get naturally(much less easily) so I'll go with what I can get without doing the Ditto Glitch. Knowing that, this is what my team is going to be:

pikachu-f.png
slowbro.png
vileplume-f.png
onix.png
snorlax.png
golbat-f.png

I don't count Alola variants because if I did, I'd have Grimer, Geodude, Sandshrew, Vulpix and other Pokemon to choose from as well. Hmm... that would be an interesting clause challenge to play Pokemon who have Alolan variants :P

*Edit* Rather than waiting on someone to reply, I figure I?d just edit in my challenge result: Complete and utter success. I named my team after the Teen Titans with Robin the Pikachu leading my team for most of the journey. He was joined by BeastBoy the Zubat/Golbat, Starfire the Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume, Terra the Onix, Cyborg the Snorlax and Raven the Slowpoke/Slowbro who could hit harder than anyone when allowed to chant/use Amnesia.

First two Gym battles can be summarized in the following montage that is aptly named: Montage. Basically it was Double Team + whatever I needed to win. In Brock?s case, it was Tail Whip and Quick Attack while Misty merely required Thundershock. I had B.B. as backup for her Starmie but he honestly wasn?t needed. Heck the rival encounter in Cerulean was harder than Misty?s Gym Battle(I hate Sand Attack). Lt.Surge didn?t last long against Starfire?s Sleep Powder while B.B. made short work of Erika?s Grass Types. Koga... was honestly not as hard as I thought he would be simply due to sheer execution on my end. Opened with Starfire to stall with Sleep Powder so as to buy precious time needed for Terra to power up with Double Team. With evasion maxed, I only had to worry about status moves since Psychic wasn?t going to touch me and since Onix is surprisingly fast for a Rock/Ground Type, I merely Earthquaked to victory. Sabrina was merely Cyborg use Body Slam and watch the STAB move do its thing against the weak defense Abra line. Blaine didn?t last long against Raven while with Giovanni I got majorly lucky with Starfire. Firstly I managed to put his opening Dugtrio to sleep before swapping to Terra and getting Double Team going. The reason I was lucky though is that I got hit with an EQ that nearly KO?d Starfire before she could even use Sleep Powder. Got to love Oddish line?s Defense. With Terra now avoiding Ground moves, I then EQ to victory.

As for E4, Lorelei went fast thanks to Starfire stalling for Robin(Double Team is OP). For Bruno, Starfire stalled for Raven wherein Surf and Psychic wrecked his team. Agatha was frankly no contest with Raven OHKO after powering up with Amnesia(Mega Drain on first Gengar stung though). Lance was the Starfire and Terra show. Put Gyrados to sleep, swapped Terra in for Double Team before using Rock Slide to knock it out. Then with the Immunity to the Electric moves on the first Dragonair(as well as resistance to Hyper Beam), I steamrolled to victory. The battle with Blue/Gary was more of the same, although I had a repeat of the Giovanni battle to open the Champion bout. I started with Starfire with the intent of stalling for another team member(in this case Raven) to power up but got hit by a wicked Earthquake. Thankfully Oddish line has some respectable physical defense and was able to survive it to put Sandslash to sleep. With Sandslash asleep, Raven swapped in, powered up and shredded Sandslash, Alakazam, Cloyster, Exeggutor(his moveset honestly sucks) and Ninetales with Surf/Psychic/Ice Beam. Swapped to Terra for the battle with Jolteon and won with a OHKO Earthquake.

MVP of run was frankly Starfire. While Terra and Raven did the bulk of the fighting, they got set up by Starfire and hence I got to give credit where it?s due.

Last edited:
Years

Crazy Clause Challenge in Pokémon Y

chesnaught.gif
pyroar.gif
doublade.gif
malamar.gif
absol.gif

CHAPTER 2 - Probably the chosen one

Ohh god. I wanted to play the game so much, but I had so much work to do and then I just picked another game to play. But now, I finally did continued this adventure.
I caught another 3 Pokémon for my team before 2nd Gym and it was pretty hard to train all of them.
Absol - represents the tragic story of Anakin Skywalker.
Malamar - Psychic/Dark typing is imho best suited for the Force.
Doublade/Aegislash - Does this need anything to say? Lightsaber!

I just beat the 4th Gym. So far I had pretty hard time in-between 2nd and 3rd Gym, because my new members were all underleveled and had poor moves. But that's part of the fun.

Team

chesnaught.gif

Knight, Lonely Male Chesnaught
lvl 39, Overgrow
- Power-Up Punch
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb
- Spiky Shield

pyroar.gif

Padmé, Quirky Female Pyroar
lvl 38, Rivalry
- Headbutt
- Noble Roar
- Flamethrower
- Work Up

doublade.gif

Lightsaber, Docile Female Doublade
lvl 37, No Guard
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Night Slash

malamar.gif

Force, Hasty Male Malamar
lvl 36, Suction Cups
- Psybeam
- Swagger
- Topsy-Turvy
- Foul Play

absol.gif

Prophecy, Calm Female Absol
lvl 36, Super Luck
- Bite
- Quick Attack
- Slash
- Swords Dance​

Years

Crazy Clause Challenge in Pokémon Y

chesnaught.gif
pyroar-f.gif
aegislash.gif
malamar.gif
absol.gif
noivern.gif

THE END

Okay, this challenge was something. It took me some time to actually sit down and play it, but after almost half a year, I finally completed it. And as I mentioned in previous logs, almost every battle was a challenge. I feel like all the wins were deserved. It escalated to the point that I equiped by Pokémon with items.
I had no counter to Malva's Fire-Types and 2 Pokémon weak to her, so I was limited to 4 Pokémon. Siebold was easy... Or would be, if Knight wasn't taken down by Starmie. Wikstrom was easier that previous two E4 members, but still nice challenge. I decided to use Interceptor so Drasna would have a chance too.
After that, I entered my Ash Ketchum mode, turning imaginary cap back to front and challenged Diantha. Everything went smoothly until Mega Gardevoir. Now the real battle begins. Gardevoir 1HKO'ing Prophecy, Interceptor and Force, before finally falling to Lightsaber.
There was AZ battle afterwards, but that was probably the easiest battle from the whole run.

In the end, I Wondertraded Yveltal and my team. And then traded the Pokémon I got until I got freshly caught Pidgeys/Wurmples.

Ohh, and here's Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Team

chesnaught.gif

Knight, Lonely Male Chesnaught @Black Belt
lvl 66, Overgrow
- Hammer Arm
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Spiky Shield

pyroar-f.gif

Padmé, Quirky Female Pyroar @Flame Plate
lvl 69, Rivalry
- Hyper Voice
- Noble Roar
- Flamethrower
- Work Up

aegislash.gif

Lightsaber, Docile Female Aegislash @Leftovers
lvl 69, Stance Change
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- King's Shield

malamar.gif

Force, Hasty Male Malamar @Mind Plate
lvl 67, Suction Cups
- Psycho Cut
- Swagger
- Night Slash
- Superpower

absol.gif

Prophecy, Calm Female Absol @Black Glasses
lvl 67, Super Luck
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Swords Dance

noivern.gif

Interceptor, Bold Male Noivern @Quick Claw
lvl 64, Infiltrator
- Hurricane
- Fly
- Dragon Pulse
- Boomburst​

And with that, this challenge is completed. I decided I'll continue with other crazy clauses, so if someone would be that kind and pick another one for me:
Pokemon inspired by Japanese Folklore
Pokemon used by Ash Ketchum in the anime
Evil (either evil looking or with evil Pokedex entries) Pokemon
Pokemon that Anakin Skywalker would use

Last edited:
Years
And with that, this challenge is completed. I decided I'll continue with other crazy clauses, so if someone would be that kind and pick another one for me:
Pokemon inspired by Japanese Folklore
Pokemon used by Ash Ketchum in the anime
Evil (either evil looking or with evil Pokedex entries) Pokemon
Pokemon that Anakin Skywalker would use

You can have Pokemon inspired by Japanese folklore.
Spr_2c_206.png

First Update for my turtle team.

I have just obtained the 3rd Gym badge. Annoyingly the majority of my team won't be until late game.

Team so far:

Spr_6x_008.png

Leonardo Lv. 32
- Bite
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Tail
- Rock Tomb

Spr_6x_371.png

Donatello Lv. 26
- Rock Smash
- Bite
- Ember
- Headbutt

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2020
Username: DarkVee77
Game: Gold
Condition list: I'll play with

Pokemon that Fire Emblem Lords wound use
Pokemon that roam at Night
Pokemon that have a sad pokedex entry
Pokemon that evolve though friendship
Pokemon that Team Rocket wound use

Years
You can have Pokemon inspired by Japanese folklore.
Spr_2c_206.png

Thanks!

Username: DarkVee77
Game: Gold
Condition list: I'll play with

Pokemon that Fire Emblem Lords wound use
Pokemon that roam at Night
Pokemon that have a sad pokedex entry
Pokemon that evolve though friendship
Pokemon that Team Rocket wound use

For some reason your post was flagged as spam, so I haven't seen it until now, but I think you can use Pokémon that have a sad pokedex entry.

Years
Oh this challenge gets me excited at the thought of doing. Also if i hadn't read through all the starting stuff i wouldn't have realized there was a randomizer thingy for things like leaf green so I'll be experimenting with that too. Anyway, here's my sign-up:

Username: Sylvie
Game: Randomized FireRed
Conditions I'll play with:
Use only colorless pokemon (white black and grey as they're technically Shades)
use only Pokemon that don't evolve
Use only pokemon that look like they belong on a farm
use only pokemon that would be prey (Ex. Pikachu as its a mouse)
Use only pokemon a thief would choose

Years
Oh this challenge gets me excited at the thought of doing. Also if i hadn't read through all the starting stuff i wouldn't have realized there was a randomizer thingy for things like leaf green so I'll be experimenting with that too. Anyway, here's my sign-up:

Username: Sylvie
Game: Randomized FireRed
Conditions I'll play with:
Use only colorless pokemon (white black and grey as they're technically Shades)
use only Pokemon that don't evolve
Use only pokemon that look like they belong on a farm
use only pokemon that would be prey (Ex. Pikachu as its a mouse)
Use only pokemon a thief would choose

Randomized runs are fun. And I think you can go with only colorless pokemon. That sounds like pretty challenging run sd there aren't that many white/black/gray Pok?mon.

Years
Randomized runs are fun. And I think you can go with only colorless pokemon. That sounds like pretty challenging run sd there aren't that many white/black/gray Pok?mon.

Sweet, made a start. naturally using This as my color guide
I think the randomizer was pretty kind to me when it came to colorless though.

Use only colorless pokemon
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png
50px-Marsh_Badge.png
50px-Soul_Badge.png
50px-Volcano_Badge.png
Journey:
#1.
Spoiler:

#2.
Spoiler:

#3:
Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Use only Colorless pokemon

50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png
50px-Marsh_Badge.png
50px-Soul_Badge.png
50px-Volcano_Badge.png
50px-Earth_Badge.png

Final log:
Spoiler:

-----
i guess i won?

Entered the hall of fame.

Final Team:

Jumbo lvl 55
Bashful/Sturdy
Rock slide/Tackle/Earthquake/Rollout

Athena lvl 54
Bold/Guts
Vital throw/Strength/Focus energy/Cross chop

Salem lvl 53
Timid/Insomnia
Peck/Fly/Haze/Faint attack

Phalanx lvl 55
Careful/Sturdy
Iron defense/Surf/Dig/Metal claw

Blizzard lvl 51
Timid/Inner focus
Hail/Ice beam/Protect/Crunch

Hollow lvl 50
Quiet/Pressure
Confuse Ray/Shadow punch/Rock smash/Pursuit

Well that was fun. Will definitely sign up to do another in the future. Once i've thought up some more potentially fun and challenging clauses.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 15, 2019
So my 3ds stopped working and I can't play Moon until I get another 3ds so I'm just gonna apply again for Pokemon Emerald.

Username: Ilpov_Kifny
Game: Randomized Emerald
Conditions:
Only first evolutions
Only Pokemon that are related to the Five Elements(Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water)
Only Pokemon used by the evil teams
Only Pokemon that can fly(they need to be able to learn the move)

Years
Username: Ilpov_Kifny
Game: Randomized Emerald
Conditions:
Only first evolutions
Only Pokemon that are related to the Five Elements(Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water)
Only Pokemon used by the evil teams
Only Pokemon that can fly(they need to be able to learn the move)

Choosing only first evolutions would be cruel... So I think you can use only Pok?mon that are related to the Five Elements.

Years
Time for another Sign-up

Name: Sylvie
Game: Randomised Platinum
Conditions:
- use only Pokemon that don't have an evolution
- Use only pokemon that look like they belong on a farm
- use only pokemon that would be prey (Ex. Pikachu as its a mouse)
- Use only pokemon a thief would choose
- Randomise everything about the game (except base stats and move typings) Use only the first 6 pokemon you come across.
- Use only pokemon who resemble house pets
- Use only pokemon who can learn sound based moves
- Use only Pokemon who fit into RPG class roles

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 15, 2019
Time for another Sign-up

Name: Sylvie
Game: Randomised Platinum
Conditions:
- use only Pokemon that don't have an evolution
- Use only pokemon that look like they belong on a farm
- use only pokemon that would be prey (Ex. Pikachu as its a mouse)
- Use only pokemon a thief would choose
- Randomise everything about the game (except base stats and move typings) Use only the first 6 pokemon you come across.
- Use only pokemon who resemble house pets
- Use only pokemon who can learn sound based moves
- Use only Pokemon who fit into RPG class roles

You should use only Pokemon that fit into RPG class roles.

Back