• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headphones or Earphones?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I have a tendency to break every pair of earphones I get so I generally like headphones more. They often have better sound and are a lot less likely to fall off my head. Also, it's much less disgusting if someone borrows yours.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I don't have headphones just earphones but I do like the quality on headphones better however I like earphones better because they're more portable IMO xD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Headphones for me. They're just a lot comfier and easier to slip on for me. I find with any in-ear earphones, they tend to hurt after a while, or they make me feel a bit hard of hearing once I take them out.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm not a big fan of either to be honest ... I usually go without. But if I had to choose, I'd choose headphones. More comfortable and better sound quality.

Years
I like the earbuds waaaay better. I get paranoid when I have headphones on that I'm going to miss something important and I never like to wear them in public lol.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
In-ear headphones are now pretty good in terms of sound quality, so I'd go for that. :)

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Just depends on the situation for me. When I'm just relaxing at home I'll use my headphones, but on-the-go I'll use my earphones. I just use a cheap pair of earphones since they seem to break a lot for me. It's not like I need super-high quality on-the-go, just need to be able to lisen to whatever I'm listening to without disturbing others. (Like when I'm playing Pokemon.)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I feel like an idiot wearing headphones (and they're painful for some reason), but earbuds fall out of my ears haha. x: So I'm stuck with headphones, though I don't ever wear them in public. Just if I want to listen to music when other people are around.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Neither. I don't like headphones or earphones because I don't listen to music that much, and besides, I don't want to damage my eardrums.

But if I really had to choose, for the sake of this thread, I'm going with headphones.

droomph

weeb
Years
My computer's speakers are broken (magically, they worked like a week ago) so I'm stuck with any listening device I have.

I usually go with my iPod earbuds because it's cool idk it's the only thing I have

Years
Earphones for me are usually for on-the-go. But headphones for sound with my computer at home, and because there's a microphone with the headset as well.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Headphones because I prefer their quality and short-term comfort level more, but mine broke so I've been making due with these earphones recently. The only problem that I have with headphones is after a while they feel like they've been crushing my ears, but that's a tiny price to pay.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I like earphones for the portability. I can be listening to stuff when I'm travelling, then put them in my pocket when I need to talk to someone without causing a massive fuss or fumbling around trying to appear civilised. When I'm at home, I try and just listen naturally, so I only really use earphones when I'm out: and they're definitely the more practical option.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
Headphones. They are pretty chunky but they get the job done. Better sound quality from personal experience, outside noises getting blocked and best of all, no leaking music or embarrassing earwax buildup!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I prefer to have headphones rather than earphones, because if you are listening to something quite loud, it's not as loud to other people than if you are wearing earphones.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I love listining to music, but I've always wore headphones rather than earphones, even though my Ipod came with a free set of earphones. I just feel that earphones stick too close to your eardrums and, like Laugh said, I wouldn't want to damage them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Headphones at home because they give louder volume/better quality. Earphones outside because they are more compact.

That's the purpose for both of them so why not use both? I'm not going to wear my fatass headphones outside because I'll look and feel like a tremendous douchebag. It's not like earphones are completely unlistenable.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
If I'm going out somewhere I'll use a pair of earphones because they're smaller and easier to carry than headphones, unless it's my pair of Solo Beats. But if I'm at home then I'd rather use a big pair of headphones for better music quality and bass.

Back