• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Replacing the .pngs with .gifs?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I have all the Pokemon (1 - 649) in a .gif format and would like to implement that into my game. The Ultimate B/W pack is not responding after 2 minutes playing the game so what I am looking for is to change something in the script that changes the file extention and make rpg maker xp support .gif.

thedudemister

Pokemon: New Order
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
I have all the Pokemon (1 - 649) in a .gif format and would like to implement that into my game. The Ultimate B/W pack is not responding after 2 minutes playing the game so what I am looking for is to change something in the script that changes the file extention and make rpg maker xp support .gif.
As long as you got the most recent Pokemon Essentials downloaded I don't see any reason why it should not work. All I did with my is replace the pngs with the gifs and I had nothing else to do. It worked perfectly.

Also make sure you have all the necessary things in you first folder (the one with your .rxproj file). I think that gif.dll is what you need for gifs to work. Also there should be RGSS102E.dll and rubyscreen.dll there as well but I am not sure if they have any effect with gifs.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ive got essentials 10 and tried placing gifs into the game but it doesnt show correctly any ideas why

Ookiiushidesu

Lead Mapper/Eventer at Gen0
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Hey. I am currently using the ultimate b/w pack, but the battlers crash my game sometimes. I tried using the one linked here, but it isn't fully transparent. Like on a couple of the frames the background of the pokemon changes color. Any fix?

Back