• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: HG / SS Music Patch [FR] [EM]

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I believe I was referring to the table; sorry. :( So, how is it done? Oh, and is this compatible with RichterSnipes' GB Player? Haha I really want both of your stuff for my hack. :)

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285094

In Sappy, where it says header, jot that offset down. Now go to the place you want to put it (in Sappy).
Where it says table, jot that down.
In a hex editor, go to thhat table offset and make a pointer to the header offset. That's it.
BTW, the GB player is Jambo51's. And it WILL be included in the patch eventually.

Also, V1 of the Emerald patch has been released.

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Great to see the patch available for Emerald now! That game deserves all the hacking advancements/gifts it can get. Plus that means that the primary span of Johto remakes can use it!

BTW, the GB player is Jambo51's. And it WILL be included in the patch eventually.

Well, the item in its current form is mine, or at least my own implementation of it. :) But yeah, the code behind its function is all Jambo51.

How do you plan on including it in the patch? Will this mean that a straight-up replacement of the current tracks will no longer be available when you do implement it?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Great to see the patch available for Emerald now! That game deserves all the hacking advancements/gifts it can get. Plus that means that the primary span of Johto remakes can use it!

Well, the item in its current form is mine, or at least my own implementation of it. :) But yeah, the code behind its function is all Jambo51.

How do you plan on including it in the patch? Will this mean that a straight-up replacement of the current tracks will no longer be available when you do implement it?

Actually, I'm just making a new table and voicegroup.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Actually, I'm just making a new table and voicegroup.
Yeah that's what I figured (for the later eventual release). I meant if the patch would still provide the option to just replace the GBA tracks when that does come around, which appears to be what it's doing right now. There's room in this world for both options!

Edit: Whoops, I wasn't looking at WHERE you were placing music data for the HG/SS songs. Sorry about the confusion, please ignore my misled proposal.

Last edited:

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
In Sappy, where it says header, jot that offset down. Now go to the place you want to put it (in Sappy).
Where it says table, jot that down.
In a hex editor, go to thhat table offset and make a pointer to the header offset. That's it.

Also, V1 of the Emerald patch has been released.

Slightly off-topic: Emerald deserves it. Nice. ;) diegoisawesome's CrystalDust really needs this.

Anyway, let's get it on. I'm planning to HGSS-ify my FireRed ROM's music. As I've told gogojjtech, I was really hoping to get Kanto's HGSS music to replace the FRLG ones in the same slots, to avoid complicatedness (no such word I suppose). I was hoping that map music, fanfares, wild battle themes, and all that would get replaced accordingly. However, sir gogojjtech has made it so that Johto music would get imported first, which is good. :) I'm still waiting for that Kanto music though.

In regards with the GB Player: what I really want to do is have the HGSS music as the default in-game, then with the switch of the GB Player, have the RBY music play. I hope you're getting it. :) HGSS music would be playing by default, but with the GB Player on, RBY music take over.

That's pretty much it. I really hope you can help me with this. Thanks.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
Slightly off-topic: Emerald deserves it. Nice. ;) diegoisawesome's CrystalDust really needs this.

Anyway, let's get it on. I'm planning to HGSS-ify my FireRed ROM's music. As I've told gogojjtech, I was really hoping to get Kanto's HGSS music to replace the FRLG ones in the same slots, to avoid complicatedness (no such word I suppose). I was hoping that map music, fanfares, wild battle themes, and all that would get replaced accordingly. However, sir gogojjtech has made it so that Johto music would get imported first, which is good. :) I'm still waiting for that Kanto music though.

In regards with the GB Player: what I really want to do is have the HGSS music as the default in-game, then with the switch of the GB Player, have the RBY music play. I hope you're getting it. :) HGSS music would be playing by default, but with the GB Player on, RBY music take over.

That's pretty much it. I really hope you can help me with this. Thanks.

Yes,... that was the point XD
Anywho, since we got "crappy RBY remakes in HGSS" I'm using the gen 2 exports instead, which will help with the overall-ness of the point of this patch.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Anywho, since we got "crappy RBY remakes in HGSS" I'm using the gen 2 exports instead, which will help with the overall-ness of the point of this patch.
Hold on, I'm a little confused here. I'm assuming you meant "crappy 8-bit GSC remakes in HGSS", right?

And when did the direct Gen 2 exports become available? I haven't seen them posted officially anywhere. That is, IF they have? I have a feeling I know what you're talking about if they haven't.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I presume you have custom voicegroups, but I have a question regarding those:

1. Do they follow HGSS' instruments (As in, how they're followed in the DS games), or the GBA instruments (A piano for a piano, strings for strings, etc)?
2. Do you have a voicegroup with all of the instruments, or many of them with different instruments?

1. The voicegroups in the patches are set up exactly like the default HGSS voicegroup. The numbers are way different than the default GBA instrument numbers. For example, the string ensemble in the GBA Poké games is number 48, whereas it's number 23 in HGSS.

2. Instruments 0-59 are the same in every HGSS voicegroup but 60-69 vary by voicegroup. All town and route themes fit in the same voicegroup, but a few dungeon themes and all battle themes have different instruments from 60-69.

Years
Is it just me, or mediafire was down? pls reupload to another, i'm itching to try it! ><

EDIT: whoops, nevermind. its up/

Double EDIT: Sorry, need help, in your manual, it says:

"To be done in a hex editor, follow the insrtuctions. For instructions with .BIT files, open them in a hex
editor, then copy their data to the offset required, performing a paste WRITE, and not a paste INSERT"

but later in the bottom of the text, it says:

"Copy Data.BIT to this offset, performing a PASTE INSERT"

^same for the next 3 BIT files, you said paste insert

soooo... what should i do?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
Hold on, I'm a little confused here. I'm assuming you meant "crappy 8-bit GSC remakes in HGSS", right?

And when did the direct Gen 2 exports become available? I haven't seen them posted officially anywhere. That is, IF they have? I have a feeling I know what you're talking about if they haven't.

They're not available, and the crappy 8-bits aren't really the GSC songs.

Is it just me, or mediafire was down? pls reupload to another, i'm itching to try it! ><

EDIT: whoops, nevermind. its up/

Double EDIT: Sorry, need help, in your manual, it says:

"To be done in a hex editor, follow the insrtuctions. For instructions with .BIT files, open them in a hex
editor, then copy their data to the offset required, performing a paste WRITE, and not a paste INSERT"

but later in the bottom of the text, it says:

"Copy Data.BIT to this offset, performing a PASTE INSERT"

^same for the next 3 BIT files, you said paste insert

soooo... what should i do?

Whoops, I did say paste insert. I changed it to say paste write, so there's no issues for others. You don't need to re-download since you understand.

Last edited:
Years

Whoops, I did say paste insert. I changed it to say paste write, so there's no issues for others. You don't need to re-download since you understand.

Thx, all i did is paste write all of them(except the last one, because it is at the end of the data), and it worked! Thanks a lot! The music is all good! :)

Too bad there's no kanto wild pokemon theme, well its still good anyway

And oh, i dont know if this is a bug or not, but some of my maps and their events are kinda messed up, i dont know if it is a sideeffect or a bug but... well just to let you know though {XD}

GoGoJJTech

Years
Thx, all i did is paste write all of them(except the last one, because it is at the end of the data), and it worked! Thanks a lot! The music is all good! :)

Too bad there's no kanto wild pokemon theme, well its still good anyway

And oh, i dont know if this is a bug or not, but some of my maps and their events are kinda messed up, i dont know if it is a sideeffect or a bug but... well just to let you know though {XD}

The first map (PALLET TOWN) I added a few events. So your replace map of that may be messed up... Sorry bout that. I also put some scripts at 720000, so it's completely optional to paste the data there. Just change the events back and you should be good.

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013

Oh, I see. Well, are all Kanto themes going to be imported in the future? If so, how long might that take? :)

GoGoJJTech

Years
Oh, I see. Well, are all Kanto themes going to be imported in the future? If so, how long might that take? :)

All songs will be imported (also the BW patch, so don't ask when that comes out)
Maybe in a week? since all instruments are in, all I have left is import, then do the same but with GB music.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
At this point I've just really confused myself as to what set of music you're referring to (8-bit, faux 8-bit, GBA, DS, Kanto vs. Johto, etc.), or if it even is music at this point (okay, that's an exaggeration). I'll just wait to see your next release to see if that clears things up for me. This is probably one of those cases where the reality is simple, yet I make it go over my head through interpreting it oddly.

GoGoJJTech

Years
At this point I've just really confused myself as to what set of music you're referring to (8-bit, faux 8-bit, GBA, DS, Kanto vs. Johto, etc.), or if it even is music at this point (okay, that's an exaggeration). I'll just wait to see your next release to see if that clears things up for me. This is probably one of those cases where the reality is simple, yet I make it go over my head through interpreting it oddly.

You have the music that plays normally in HGSS, then the music from GB (gameboy). HGSS has a feature where you listen to the GB music. So I implement that.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Yeah, I'll shut up now, I'm only doing more harm at this point with the confusion I'm spreading. I'll just say that I hope everything is going smoothly.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Nice work! So what is it you're doing exactly? are you editing the HGSS Midis? Or you're inserting them directly, modifying the voicegroups and voice limits?

Back