• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokémon Keratin Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Will it be made clear when the divisions in plot occur? Just so we can save multiple slots prior to branching events and then see what happens along both story paths?

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Goodbye, Deadly Seven, you will all be missed! I hope there are decent replacements for their type of completely insane characters, though...

Well, I have thought up a replacement... I just hope that the Fabulous Snowmen are as insane as I think they are.

Will it be made clear when the divisions in plot occur? Just so we can save multiple slots prior to branching events and then see what happens along both story paths?

Yes. Let me clarify: each gang asks you to join in turn. Team Rocket ask you to join on the docks of Puerto Viajero; Bad Sofa ask you to join at the Beach Festival; the Voltmeisters ask you to join in the Voltaire Industrial District - and if you refuse to join any of them, you work for Prof. Ork. Basically, pay attention to what people are asking you and you'll be fine. Also, listen to the Voiceover Guy. Sometimes he asks you questions too - and they also alter the storyline.

In summary, yes. It's easy to tell where the storyline forks in 99% of cases. There are a couple of ones that are hidden just because they do nasty things to you and I'm a jerk sometimes, but the major plot branches are easy to see coming.

Looks pretty good so far. You are definitely making good use of the fr/lg tiles.

Thanks. I always try as far as possible not to introduce new tiles; if I did, it would kind of undermine my argument about graphics. So I'm glad I'm doing all right with the FR/LG tiles.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I'm just loving this story through and through. That's why I'm always happy to hear the planning of a hack/fan-game before anything now. It's like that game Shadow the Hedgehog....except nowhere near as broken and crappy as that game. This is leagues better in having branching sides and all.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
This is great! I guessing different story lines need alot of superscripts? Good luck!

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
All right! I'm really excited for this, having played and enjoyed Snakewood many times. This hack looks to be one of the most ambitious ones out there, and I like that you're sticking to your guns about graphics. Good luck to you!

Cutlerine

Years
I'm just loving this story through and through. That's why I'm always happy to hear the planning of a hack/fan-game before anything now. It's like that game Shadow the Hedgehog....except nowhere near as broken and crappy as that game. This is leagues better in having branching sides and all.

'Branching' is sort of the wrong word. What happens is that there are five stories, each dependent on the gang you decide to join near the beginning of the game. However, these stories can be altered in terms of difficulty or overall ending by secondary choices you make - which aren't necessarily connected to the storyline you're playing. It's quite difficult to explain and the best way to learn about is to play it - something that I can't let anyone do just yet. I need to build more before I do that - and since most of the action takes place in cities and towns, progress is kind of slow.

This is great! I guessing different story lines need alot of superscripts? Good luck!

It's not quite as hard as it sounds. There's one variable that gets set to anything from 0x0 to 0x4, depending on which gang you join, and the story runs from there. It gets slightly trickier when you do things like activate Spearow Hate You mode, which require near-continual checks to see if you've set a certain flag, but the only really hard bit is keeping track of everything in my head. The actual scripting's fairly simple.

zealot said:
All right! I'm really excited for this, having played and enjoyed Snakewood many times. This hack looks to be one of the most ambitious ones out there, and I like that you're sticking to your guns about graphics. Good luck to you!

Thanks. I put off starting Keratin for ages, actually, precisely because it was so ambitious and I was slightly scared of its complexity. Now I've discovered it's not that bad.

ultimatedood said:
Whoa that looks awesome. Nice work on the hack!

I'm glad you think so.

F.A.B.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2012
Oh sweet another Cutlerine hack, sucks that I have to wait! But it will be worth it. Also in team rocket will you advance through ranks? Like from grunt to executive and whatever other ranks there may or may not be in Team Rocket? Any who~ I cannot wait for an alpha/beta version. also late happy new years.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Hooray for logical game!

The only problem I really have with this is the new types. Beauty doesn't really seem like a type.

But the rest seems pretty good. Keep it up.

LolMeatMafia.

Cutlerine

Years
Hooray for logical game!

The only problem I really have with this is the new types. Beauty doesn't really seem like a type.

But the rest seems pretty good. Keep it up.

LolMeatMafia.

Mm. Beauty doesn't seem like a type at all. In fact, it's a combustible liquid, similar to gasoline. And if you don't like it, it'll be possible to go through the whole game and only see one or two Beauty-types; there are only a few, and they aren't common. Same goes for Nuclear.

Glad you like it overall, though.

Oh sweet another Cutlerine hack, sucks that I have to wait! But it will be worth it. Also in team rocket will you advance through ranks? Like from grunt to executive and whatever other ranks there may or may not be in Team Rocket? Any who~ I cannot wait for an alpha/beta version. also late happy new years.

Ah. The gangs don't really have ranks; there're just the grunts and the leaders. Although I suppose there's nothing to stop me adding them. I might just do that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2021
Oh this made my day this thread i mean =) i loved snakewood cant wait to see this one.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
I read your story about your new game. It seems really cool that it is going to have 5 different stories to your game, but how are you going to have the time to finish such a game? It seems like you have a lot of experience in making games. Before seeing your game I was wondering if I should put my Pokemon Nightime version on the web. After seeing such a game like yours I wonder if I should even put a game like mine on the web....

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I read your story about your new game. It seems really cool that it is going to have 5 different stories to your game, but how are you going to have the time to finish such a game? It seems like you have a lot of experience in making games. Before seeing your game I was wondering if I should put my Pokemon Nightime version on the web. After seeing such a game like yours I wonder if I should even put a game like mine on the web....

Hey, no one's stoping you from putting it out on the web. As far as I know, this is the Cutlerine's second hack here on the PokeCommunity. I'm all for having new hacks to play; don't let this (as far as the story and stuff goes) discourage you from releasing yours to the masses.

Cutlerine

Years

Hey, don't be discouraged! For one, I haven't even got a beta yet, so it's a little early to tell if I'll succeed with this, and for another, this is the second hack I've posted on this forum and about the seventh I've made overall. The first five were consumed by glitches and died before they even reached the second Gym. Me being able to make this game didn't happen overnight, and if I hadn't made those first ones then I'd never have got this far. Everyone starts off the same, and it's only with practice that you'll get anywhere. Even now I barely know what I'm doing half the time; I make a lot of things up and improvise as I go along.

And as for how I have the time to do this... I honestly don't know. It's going to take me a few years at least, so at least you won't have this competing with you if you do decide to post yours.

Oh this made my day this thread i mean =) i loved snakewood cant wait to see this one.

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it, and that I have another person awaiting the glorious, crazy underworld of Kahuto.

Years
I'm super excited that you're making another hack so quickly. I immensely enjoyed snakewood for its unique qualities and I hope some of those will carry over to this hack. Good luck! Also, if I remember correctly, isn't keratin that stuff your fingernails are made of? How did you think of using that as a name?

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
I don't post very often, but I had to pop in and say this looks amazing, man. I've always wanted a different modern kind of hack. Everything sounds so great, honestly.

Keep up the awesome work, good luck! :)

Last edited:

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I am kind of sad that you will be tuning down the insanity a bit mainly because it was my kind of humor and I have greatly enjoyed snakewood, but I am excited to see what you can do with this and everything so far looks promising so keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2019
Oh my God
I log back into PC after an age
And I see
THIS
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH
Snakewood was great, but this looks even better~
Oh my God
So excite

Status
Not open for further replies.