• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokénnect: The Pokémon MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Haha, thanks! xD
Copying and pasting something that everyone else grabs? I don't understand.
Our art is drawn by Lilfurman, so this is the first time it has been presented.

But thanks a lot for your support! :)

Kinuchio

A Panda PoKeMoN Trainer
Years
Well, I was talking about for your banners and whatnot, with the pokemon on them. Now, looking back, I saw you had someone draw for you. Nevermind then. xD

Still, I support this 'an stuff.

Kinuchio??? I've heard of you! Drunkduck for the win!

lol you made me feel like I was famous or something. Today's my two year anniversary there. I'm still spriting. :D But this is off topic...er-hem!

Pokennect FTW! THE WIN I SAY!

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2008
cool variations it would be cool if they had different movesets not to different but something according to their enviornment

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
Well, everyone, your patience has been rewarded: We've got something VERY interesting for you.
Earlier in this thread, we discussed the Deoxys Event. Now, it's time for another:
darkraishadowsra3.png

Do YOU Dare to dream?
All dates are placeholders. All locations and names are subject to change

Remember, you can join the forums here
Be sure to help out. If you contribute, you're more likely to get picked for testing!

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
I ripped the tiles from DP. However; if you were thinking about using them, they aren't available.. Find a rom and use No$GBA. That is what I did.

A demo shoulD be released soon. It would only featurethe starting town, however.

WhippedCream

Greenhorn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
I ripped the tiles from DP. However; if you were thinking about using them, they aren't available.. Find a rom and use No$GBA. That is what I did.

A demo shoulD be released soon. It would only featurethe starting town, however.

Mkay... so I can get the sprites out of No$GBA?

Atomic Reactor

Do you have most of the battle system and stuff done?
You should make videos demonstrating some of the systems.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
Programming's very slow at the moment. If there are any good programmers, please, join the forums.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
Steak and Malagrond are our primary programmers, however, a game on this scale cannot feasibly be completed in the timeframe required by just two people's worth of programming, at least, not without being a little outdated by the time of release. We will probably update the game map by map with the advent of a fifth generation of pokemon, but it would be nice if we didn't rip all those D/P tiles for nothing :P

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Sorry for my lack of posts. :X
However, we have a new idea; Currency.

Each area of Jurni (island and mainland) would have a form of currency.

Tundra - The Gilde
Mainland - The Pokedollar
Islands - Saffron
Odyssi - The Odyssian Pound

(What is Odyssi? You are going to have to wait to find out! ;D)

So, it seems good. However, you may be asking, How much is 200 Pokedollars in Saffron?
Take a look at this table.

Pokedollars
1 Odyssian Pound = 1.80 Pokedollars
1 Gilde = 0.40 Pokedollars
1 Saffron = 3.00 Pokedollars

Odyssian Pounds
1 Pokedollar = 0.56 Odyssian Pounds
1 Gilde = 0.22 Odyssian Pounds
1 Saffron = 1.68 Odyssian Pounds

Gildes
1 Odyssian Pound = 4.55 Gildes
1 Pokedollar = 2.50 Gildes
1 Saffron = 7.5 Gildes

Saffron
1 Odyssian Pound = 0.6 Saffron
1 Pokedollar = 0.33 Saffron
1 Gilde = 0.13 Saffron

You also may be asking, What is the Tundra section?

Well, Nishrocks has been working on a history of Jurni.

The Tundra and the Mainland were once different countries. Now that they've merged, they're one government, in two constituencies with two currencies. The top half of the NW Quadrant and the top half of the NE Quadrant are Gilde, i.e One Quadrant worth. Mainland Jurni is the bottom half of the NW Quadrant, the bottom half of the NE Quadrant the whole of the SE and SW Quadrants and the Staff Islands, let's say, 4 Quadrants worth. The Island is one quadrant and Odyssi is one quadrant. By this definition, there is actually a fairly even split, and it won't make a difference, since you won't be using the Odyssian Pound till late in the game, when you're already pro, and you won't really use the Saffron until later either.

When traveling to these areas, you will need to visit an area where you can cash in your money, whatever it is, to where you are traveling.

It may not make the most of sense now, but once you play it, it will be like second nature. "Oh, before I go, gotta go get my Saffrons!" for example.

On a side note, each of these get their own icon. They haven't been completed yet.

Pokedollars, double crossed P
Odyssian Pounds : O£
Saffron: §
Gilde double crossed G.

Atomic Reactor

I dont like that currency idea -_-
It seems like to much of a hassle just to buy stuff and whatnot.

It would probably be easier just to program in one currency.

monarc

Cute! A Pokemon Adventure
Years
i actually REALLY LIKE! the currency system :D

it seems to make it more.. immersion-y lol and uh, it would also capitalise on the fact that it is an international game (y)

just my thoughts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back