• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I enjoyed the Pokemon Ranger series a lot as well. The major problem with them is that they can ruin your DS's screen if you're not careful. The thing that annoyed me with Guardian Signs was that for part of the game, multiplayer was almost totally required, seeing as know one I know has it.

Years
I have always been a big big fan of PMD. I'm still waiting for the next PMD with BW pokemon. X3

I'm a big fan of the PMD series as well, and I love the storyline for both games. I'm hoping too that another spin-off will be made following the PMD series and it includes the B/W Pokémon.

I've played the first Ranger game, but like vaporeon said, it can ruin your touch screen and that's one of the reasons why I stopped playing them after seeing some changes to my screen. >:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I loved the first two Ranger games, I managed to put quite a lot of time into both games, I was quite careful with them though - they/I never did anything to my DS's screen. I never got onto playing the third game though. I'm a busy boy.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Sabre you seem to like, like...Leaf and hate everything else about Pokemon. D;

Hey, now, I like Giovanni, Miror B., and Cipher Admin Ein, too...

Wait, it's probably a bad thing that everyone I just named above is a bad guy, lol

Eh, I've always found the trainers more interesting than the Pokemon themselves... which is why it frustrates me when the human characters in these games get little to no development.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
does anybody else agree that Delcatty's cry almost resembles an actual cat meow?
To me it seems like some baby-ish voice that is crying out for help lol

But no, not a cat's. Anyway pokemon cries don't resemble their animal counterparts imo, in general.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I didn't bother to check which sounds more like a kitty or a dog. As long as they meow, its a cat sound! xD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Wow, I can't even remember half the Pokemon cries. I tend to remember them at the time when I hear the sound itself. xD

Speaking of cries, I really do wonder how Pokemon can understand other Pokemon through their...name speaking. Cofa cofa co co cofa cofa COFAGRIGUS! xD

Years
Wow, I can't even remember half the Pokemon cries. I tend to remember them at the time when I hear the sound itself. xD

Speaking of cries, I really do wonder how Pokemon can understand other Pokemon through their...name speaking. Cofa cofa co co cofa cofa COFAGRIGUS! xD
Vani vani van-vani luxe VANILLUXE! I think it's a tad like morse code. Like one short syllable of its name is like a dot/dash and they just linked and mash all these thingamadoodles into phrases and sentences until Arceus knows what they're babbling. xD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Well, I suppose. I'd go Zeffy zee zeff zeeffy? zeff zeff ZEFF ZEFFU!! if I would to ever talk like that. I guess Speech isn't much of a subject for Pokemon...

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
I think a lot of it is in the body language and tone of voice, so you get more of a gist of what they are saying rather than individual words (in the anime anyway)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
But...even with their body movements I still can't get much of a gist. I'm dim at what they're trying to say. But I say, I'm looking forward for the future of Pokemon, where the Pokemon speaks human language and humans speak...Pokemon language. xD

Years
But...even with their body movements I still can't get much of a gist. I'm dim at what they're trying to say. But I say, I'm looking forward for the future of Pokemon, where the Pokemon speaks human language and humans speak...Pokemon language. xD
So we'll rattle on with our names? "Dia diamond diamond mon mon diamond!" XD

I believe they also convey their language by attacking like that Tangrowth in the anime, "ME WANT YOUR ENERGY. ME GIGA DRAIN YOU!" And what have we not in the games, Pokemon a-hopping out of grass~ c:

Also do I see no point in Pokemon NPCs who just stand there forever repeating their name over and over again each time you talk to it? Like "Peeko!" xD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I imagine the future games being a bit different if that'd happen. Like you were a different boy with telekinetic abilities which makes you able to talk and understand Pokemon language and discovered the truth about the language so you go on an epic journey to teach humans how they are supposed to speak. WITH THE POKEMON HELPING YOU HUZZAH!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But Pokemon can already understand humans, so why do humans need to change their speech? It's Pokemon that do :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back