• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen It's All Water Under A Bridge

Favorite Unovian Bridge?

• Total voters
Years
^^Well that's not entirely true. Once surf is acquired (albeit after the 6th gym) a lot of new areas open up for you to explore. And I'd say the bridges are essential, how would you get from Nacrene to Castelia if not for Skyarrow bridge? Sure there could have just been a route, but then that would've changed the entire geography of the region. And like Cyclone said, the Driftveil Drawbridge is important because otherwise achunk of the story is left out.

As for my favorite bridge, I'm going to have to say...tubeline. I really like the music, and the construction of it is really cool. It also feels like YOU are on the bridge, moreso than the other bridges. Plus its fun to hear/see the trucks/buses/trains (or whatever those vehicles are :P) going underneath you! :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
As for my favorite bridge, I'm going to have to say...tubeline. I really like the music, and the construction of it is really cool. It also feels like YOU are on the bridge, moreso than the other bridges. Plus its fun to hear/see the trucks/buses/trains (or whatever those vehicles are :P) going underneath you! :D
Having just been reading about Anville Town, I can confidently say the worker talking about trains in the trainyard refers to the Single Train (green) from the Battle Subway as being the one that travels under the Tubeline Bridge.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Got to be Skyarrow Bridge for me, closely followed by Village Bridge. Skyarrow was just so... different to anything that had been done in Pokémon before to me. And Village Bridge was just pretty :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
My favorite part of Unova was the full Pokemon animations. It felt so good watching them when you battle, and it made it feel better when you battle.

I felt they did a good job with the bridges but it could be improved. I felt like they slowed you down on SkyArrow Bridge, and the background for the city was poorly made. I also dislike how you see cars/trucks on/under the bridges but never in the game itself. What roles do they play, how do they work.>

I was disappointed that there was so few NPCs on the bridges, and the ones that were had pointless dialog.

And the camera felt so unfluid to me, it made me know the engine was at it's limits.

Hume

la tristesse durera
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 22, 2014
Village Bridge is a really interesting concept, and ultimately completely sets it apart from the the other Unova bridges. So that's where my vote went.

In general though, I really appreciate the bridge theme. I'm just grateful they weren't mandatory water routes.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Village Bridge is a really interesting concept, and ultimately completely sets it apart from the the other Unova bridges. So that's where my vote went.

In general though, I really appreciate the bridge theme. I'm just grateful they weren't mandatory water routes.
What's wrong with mandatory water routes? It's like a cave that is mandatory to travel through. We had two main ones (Chargestone and Twist). Those could easily have been water routes.

Cyclone

Hume

la tristesse durera
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 22, 2014
What's wrong with mandatory water routes? It's like a cave that is mandatory to travel through. We had two main ones (Chargestone and Twist). Those could easily have been water routes.

Cyclone

Well in past games I can't say I've enjoyed water routes, I hate to accuse certain regions, but I personally didn't enjoy Hoenn's love for the sea.

Chargestone Cave actually had plot progression and I can't say Twist Mountain is enjoyable, but at least the aesthetics differ slightly from regular caves. Unlike water routes, which are usually plotless and aesthetically similar.

And that is why I'm fond of Unova's bridge theme; they other something different in connecting towns, and in the case of Village Bridge a form of (optional) experience.

Years
About a week ago I probably would have said that the Skyarrow Bridge was my favourite, just because it was so different compared to anything in the past games. After finding a Shiny Ducklett on the Driftveil Drawbridge though, that became my new favorite. Also, it's a good place to stock up on Genius/Muscle/Clever Wings, even if all I usually do is sell them for $1500 a piece.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Driftveil Drawbridge cause you can catch Ducklett there :D
By that logic, Marvelous Bridge because you can catch Swanna there. ;) I still say Skyarrow first, there's something epic about that one, like you're leaving your home area and entering the big city for the first time. Marvelous is now 2nd for me, followed by Village, Driftveil, and Tubeline.

Cyclone

Years
Skyarrow Bridge is great for hatching eggs on, because despite all the fancy angles, it's a straight path, so it means little effort for egg hatching. I wouldn't say it's my favourite bridge as such just because of that, though- I like Village Bridge because.. well, it's a village. On a bridge. And I think you can catch Braviary there or something, which is awesome.

Tubeline Bridge was also pretty cool- I remember when I was walking along and saw Ghetsis waiting for me at the end, I was genuinely spooked a little. I know, he's a 32x32 pixel sprite, but it looked pretty eerie and daunting, because the time of day was just before it was getting dark and.. yeah.

So overall, I like a lot of the bridges, though I suppose I actually frequent Skyarrow the most for hatching eggs.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Skyarrow Bridge is great for hatching eggs on, because despite all the fancy angles, it's a straight path, so it means little effort for egg hatching. I wouldn't say it's my favourite bridge as such just because of that, though- I like Village Bridge because.. well, it's a village. On a bridge. And I think you can catch Braviary there or something, which is awesome.
Vullaby/Rufflet are in the light grass, and the level switch between light and dark grasses actually makes sense as you'll find Lv.58-60 Mandibuzz/Braviary there. Both sets are version exclusive, mind. I wasn't through the E4 yet and got a trade for a Rufflet that was caught at Village Bridge.

Now that you mention it, having that bridge as a potential training area with a healing house on the same map is kinda cool.

Cyclone

Years
By that logic, Marvelous Bridge because you can catch Swanna there. ;) I still say Skyarrow first, there's something epic about that one, like you're leaving your home area and entering the big city for the first time. Marvelous is now 2nd for me, followed by Village, Driftveil, and Tubeline.

Cyclone

Oh I didn't know that haha :) But I'll stick with Driftveil cause you come across it first and can therefore have it on your team earlier, plus I think it looks nicer :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oh I didn't know that haha :) But I'll stick with Driftveil cause you come across it first and can therefore have it on your team earlier, plus I think it looks nicer :)
Marvelous has more to do on it than Driftveil does. This includes the Patrat game lady once you try to visit her at Village Bridge; she immediately leaves as you enter.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Marvelous has more to do on it than Driftveil does. This includes the Patrat game lady once you try to visit her at Village Bridge; she immediately leaves as you enter.

Cyclone

Marvelous seems to be JUST THERE, though, like those extra things were just thrown on. I certainly don't get that feeling with Village because it seems like old with the music and the feathers while on Marvelous you don't really get that feeling, even though there are things to supposedly have fun with :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Skyarrow Bridge was an amazing way to say "Welcome to the mainland of Unova!" but I still love Village Bridge above all! It's so peaceful and beautiful, and the music is jaw-dropping! Tubeline is definitely a close second, with the trains contributing to the wonderful music.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'll have to agree with all of you and go with Skyarrow Bridge! It seems to be a great bridge to walk in and the music is just addicting! It also helps me a lot when it comes to hatching eggs. The majority of them hatch when I'm walking on that bridge. xD

Batel

A nothing.
Years
I really don't know why, but I found Driftveil bridge really... REALLY awesome. Maybe it's just 'cause I like drawbridges... But whatever. I LOVE it!!

Back