• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Hey I've got a suggestion since this is a school and everything how about school events like pep rallies, dances, field trips and things like that? I have no idea how that would work though.

Extra-carricular activities such as sports, pep rallies, and dances can be done at your own leisure. I would hereby suggest that each dorm would have their own team in whatever they're doing.

Field trips can be done, but would just need my approval. Since I would want to know how others felt about it beforehand before approving, I'd like people to as about any field trips here in the OOC so that people can comment.

Ooooo I am loving Hunter's idea!

I was actually thinking of having Brogan's father hold a big Expo thing at HoTa in Saffron that the students of the Academy were invited to..? Could we organise that as a school trip?

We could. I'd just like to see what others think first. So yeah, what do you guys think about Selena's field trip idea? If you guys are willing to suspend your disbelief, we could even switch out class for said field trip tomorrow.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I'm fine with that. Skye already snuck out of the hospital (currently writing the post) and I'm pretty sure that as long as nobody tries babbling at Ciel he's cool with it, probably.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Bri will be healed up enough to go on a field trip. :D I'm rather liking this idea too. And Quin would love to get a chance to go prowling around the HoTa Corp because of his crazy theories. :D

Dawn

Years
Alright then. That trip will be approved. c: Selena just has to decide what day it happens on.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
I was wondering something, I've been making a post where Vince fights a member of Team Rocket. This member would be extremely strong and totally own him. I was just making sure it was alright I do this before I continue.

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Woo! Okay...how about tomorrow? (rp tomorrow obviously) - it could turn out that Brogan knew all along and didn't tell anybody?

In terms of the actual event I was thinking this:
The Expo will be held at HoTa Corp HQ, which is next door to Silph Co in Saffron. Believe it or not, the HoTa Corp building is Bigger and grander than Silph, but it is a strange building overall. Almost as a monument to where he started out, Mr Houghton-Taylor kept the original HoTa building intact - this is to say, the family home where he originally began HoTa, just a regular family house. This house has been left completely intact - even the interior decoration remains as it was, but the house acts as the main entrance for HoTa Corp - it is slightly bizarre when you have to walk through a hall and a kitchen decorated with bright colours to get to o e of the biggest companies in the world.

Then there is HQ itself - a huge 86-storey glass and steel-titanium structure that towers in the middle of Saffron City. The steel-titanuim and glass are super reinforced, as HoTa are constantly at threat of attack from organisations such as Team Rocket. No previous attacks have managed to damage the structure - in fact, Mr Houghton-Taylor has framed a small scratch on a 15th floor window as proof of the buildings invincibility. It was a scratch left from a major attack on the company that destroyed 5 buildings around it and left half of Silph Co as rubble.

When you get into the HQ itself, the grand entrance hall is full of expensive furniture, large crystal lights and plasma screens, advertising various HoTa clients and services. All rooms and offices are organised in a square around the building, leaving the centre of the building completely bare - as in, there is one huge pillar of nothing through the middle of the building, with everything else organised around it.

In terms of the Expo, this will be held in the grand exhibition hall. The first part of the expo will be full of HoTa clients and their stalls, exhibiting new products and ideas - guests will be free to mill around these stalls, and there are many interactive products on display for guests to sample.

Then, one guests have been fed and watered for lunch in the dining hall - no cafeterias here, a grand hall filled with large oak tables and comfortable chairs with butler service - the stalls will have been cleared away and it is time for the indigo and orange leagues to take the stage. This year, the 4 elites from each league will battle in a 4 on 4 match, which will promise to be an amazing spectacle. Then, it has been known in the past for elites to use weaker pokemon and accept challenges from members of the audience. There are even rumours that the Indigo champion himself will be at the Expo, but HoTa have ensured that no leaks about this emerge to confirm either way.

Once the Expo is over, there will be a banquet for selected VIP guests (of whom the academy students are included) and then there will be a dance. However, Brogan Houghton-Taylor has insisted to her father that the kind of students at the academy will not own clothes nearly fine enough for a HoTa ball - so outfits will be provided by the finest fashion houses in the world - evening dresses for the girls and tuxedos for the boys - with more than enough selection and a tailor and seamstress on hand to ensure that everyone is dressed in the finest possible way, with an outfit everyone will be happy in.

After the ball, students will travel back to the Academy, with no time limit given. Basically, Brogan has ensured that the students will be treated as the other VIP guests, and will be able to party all night if they so desire, with straight-to-dorm transportation provided so everyone can leave as they wish.

((this sound okay? I can make any changes if not))

Dawn

Years
I suppose so, Hunter Zero. Just have it happen away from the school building (Or in one of the battlefields, if nobody /knows/ he's a member of team rocket).

The reason being otherwise teachers would be highly prone to interrupting it.

Also, Selene. That sounds nice. I'll trust you not to make any absurd choices for the Indigo/Orange league members/champion. xD But yeah, you've got the go flag.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Awesome, cheers Yellow :) I'll get working on a starter post.

Also, just a bit confused by Hunters idea. Would you be able to give some background on how this rocket came to be inside the academy? Just because I'm assuming that, given as jack initially intended this academy as training youngsters (us) to fight team rocket that security would be ridiculously tight, especially in terms of weeding out rockets??

Dawn

Years
Well, let's put it this way. If it was hard to hide the fact you were a rocket, yeah they'd probably have tight security. The unfortunate facts being that it's not all that hard assuming a rocket is not completely incompetent.

As it stands though, it's a lot easier for the staff to just fight the criminal behavior rockets tend to engage in than to personally try to weed out who might be affiliated with the group in specific. Two birds with one stone, if you will. Like when Calnith damaged that pokemon center. The entire school was put on alert as a direct result. They don't exactly take that sort of thing lightly.

Fuyu

Years
Question for Yellow and Selena, because I really want to make Cam make a fool of himself, can Cam be at this expo, not as an elite but as a scouter for the League. He isn't allowed to be in it because he refuses to deal with the staring (unless he brings the spotlight)? That would be an amusing interaction, mostly due to Skye having to beat him over te head multiple times.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
So, instead of proactively trying to keep everything safe, they wait until something happens before taking any action. Meh, just like my real school used to be. :\

Anywho, that is pretty much how most places do it IRL. And if Jesse and James can hide the fact that they are Rockets, then why can't someone that's skilled? Granted, they were hiding it from a guy that's about as smart as a five year old, but that isn't the point.

Dawn

Years
I need just a teensy bit more than Cam's name to answer that question. Namely whether he's an OC or a canon and of course what his role is.

Also, I assure you Gary was not impressed by the fact that apparently no staff had noticed the battle in time to stop it. More like baffled really. Yet, apparently it happened, so there wasn't a lot anyone could do except try to make sure it never happens again.

Fuyu

Years
Cam(Cameron) is Skye's brother and a winner of the PokemOn league in Unova. He's an OC who has a dislike of rich people, politics, and for some reason, carrots.

Dawn

Years
...Those carrot dastards.

Anyway. Champion of Unova, huh? Normally that would be a problem... but... in this case I suppose that'll be fine as long as no one has any objection. Keeping in mind the ceremony is not for the Unova league at all. I'll just keep an excuse for where the heck Alder went unless it ever comes up. Also he and Valorie would apparently hate eachother. Sure, Valorie herself is not rich, but she belongs to a rather upper class family that might be considered rich that provides her quite a bit of spending money. (For a kid to have, anyway.)

Fuyu

Years
He's Only there to bother people and keep the league up to date. He's too young to officially be the Champion yet. So he's learning the ropes.

Yes carrots are evil. Them and the monster sweet potatoes, the doom of us all.

He won't hate her once he gets to know her. But he's well aware the prize money he earns is mostly what keeps food on the table at home. So he doesn't like people who he thinks have it easy.

Dawn

Years
Valorie totally has it easy in terms of money. Regardless. It seems fine. Once avain, unless anyone has any major objections I say go ahead.

Fuyu

Years
Okey-dokey then. Beware, I might make him carrot-rant. XD

Dawn

Years
Phew. Having a nasty cold sucks. Anyway. It would appear we're starting the next day people. c: Class will be postponed due to a field trip. There will be an announcement on the school intercom as well as to any phones any of the trainers have at some point. (Unless they went out of their way to hide their number)

UPDATE:

Say hello to your new teachers!
Maylene is teaching Fighting Type specialization and Martial Arts for trainers.
Pryce is teaching Ice-Type specialization
Sabrina is teaching Psychic-Type specialization and will train people to bring out their psychic powers
Winona is teaching Flying-Type specialization
Clay is teaching Ground/Rock-Type specialization, business, and advanced mining/fossils
Juan is teaching Water-Type specialization as well as becoming the second Pokemon Coordination teacher.

In addition, Drayden who formerly only taught dragon specialization now also teaches world history.

EDIT:

Y'all so quiet! @u@
Anyway. Hunter Zero has edited one of his posts that previously involved a rocket in the school. Just throwing that out there so everyone is aware.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back