• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Epic

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Okay, i'll do it but you may receive it later in the afternoon or tomorrow 'cause i must go to school.
@Fenne-kun: If you want to work with me on the storyline, just fill the form and PM me.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
I didn't fill it up first because I don't know what your answers would be. Calm down.

Okay. What about the map/region? I'll edit this with my form in a sec/

Skill(s): Composer, Storyliner, potential mapper (just how it looks like though, not including warps YET. Learning :P )
Proof of Work: http://www.youtube.com/user/NocturnalLucifer?feature=mhee
Experience: Probably show in my proof? :P Also been in hacks as storyline a long time ago.
Are you on any other teams: Not at the moment.

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
I have something more original for the storyline. This is in point mode. It's about a leader of a future team.

Pokemon - Halo Verson

- You're a 16 - 18 year old trainer at the starting town. Everything seems to be fine in the ____ region, a new, developing world (that started development only 5 years ago) that's full of opportunities. As you get out of your house, a familiar face walks towards you - your childhood (and still apparently) bully in town that ALWAYS likes to make your life miserable.

- This rival bully says that he's got a new Pokemon (one of the starters. You don't know yet as you haven't picked one - he'll be the counter against yours), and he wants to battle you. You don't have one, though, so you think that it's going to be hopeless. Just in time, Professor Nixon (the professor in this region) runs between them and stops the fight temporarily. He tells you to get into his lab, which is in a corner of the town after walking through a straight path of trees.

- You go in after leaving the bully behind (as he doesn't want to get into trouble with the professor here). The professor tells you something like this.

"I know you've been through a lot of pain, [player]. I've been watching. Having a childhood with terrible memories has always been harsh, and you deserve more after suffering for so long. Now that your 'friend' there has a Pokemon, I think it's about time for you to stand up for yourself."

- You choose one of the starters.

- He tells you that this region has just started development, so a lot of cities are still rather small. This is a good time for you to man up and write down your name into the Hall of Fame. After receiving it, of course, the bully is waiting outside the lab and challenges you. You win. He snorts and rushes away. After getting basic equipment from your DAD (and yes, not mom in this game. Finally.) which comes by, you set for the town.

(note that this is the main storyline and not side events and small stuff that happens between it)

- During your journey, though despite being decent with your starter and all, there's a lot of mean people against you throughout the way, pushing you and threatening you (and even blocking the road until you give him cash or other items). You start feeling angry (shown by the Rival Bully's reply which says 'Oh? You seem angry. Are you going to do something about it?') and eventually furious about this, but you carry on, waiting for the right timing.

- The 4th gym is located at the third largest city of the region, and after beating the gym, you decide to get rid of maltreatment and create a good society with acceptance and love. You talk to the gym leader, demanding control over the city. He refuses even after being defeated. Some allies you've gained before reaching this city arrive, willing to back you up with their pokemon. You tell him that you want to create a new society that would gather all the elites together, a new place where the best of the best can thrive in peace. However, it's also an excuse for you to rule the city, an effect of the budding evil inside you. With no choice but to surrender, the gym leader gives in, and the game fades out.

- When it fades in, the city's original people have gone, and your allies, now dressed in a uniform-like outfit are scattered around the city. You have created Team Halo (name to be decided really), and you are the leader of twenty plus trainers with budding potential. (you also have your own cool clothing xD) Now, you have to go back to the previous gyms for rematches (with slightly stronger pokemon), taking charge of their city and trying to persuade them to join you. Two would join, two would flee to the almost-finished pokemon league in search for help. When you go back to the 1st gym and beat him, you see your bully again (for the 4th time), but this time, your 'apprentices' grab him and held him tightly in front of you. With the evil growing inside you, you order them to use a Voltorb and electrocute this bully, knocking him into a coma... (he still survives though, but this is unknown as he blacked out).

- Okay, so basically this would eventually lead him to the unready 8th Gym, and one of the Elite four arrives in attempt to join forces with the leader. With one of your deputies on your side, a double battle commences. Quickly after that, you take the 7h Gym and snatch the badge, no longer determined to create a peaceful area for trainers, but to gain total control of the region.

- The champion comes and talks, though he doesn't want to battle. He tells him about your mistakes, and tries persuading you to stop with your selfish acts. You can choose here (if program-possible) and it will change the outcome of the game.

1. You can choose to ignore him and rule the region after being him and more people that's willing to help HIM defeat YOU.

2. You can stop, and try reversing what you've done.

- Should you choose one, you will continue to reach the E4 and then a hard Champion battle.

- If not (the preferred selection), you will have to go back and attempt to disband your own team. However, your deputies do now allow you, and you cannot defeat all four of them when they're surrounding you at the same time. Angrily, you leave, but you promise that you'll do what's right to bring the region back to its former peaceful state.

- You start going against your own team, infiltrating multiple hidden bases and reaching the final HQ, where you fight the strengthened deputies yourself (IN A ROW). When you win, you officially disband your team and 'win the game'. You can choose to continue towards the pokemon league for the champion or end there.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
That's an extreme storyline, not to mention awesome. But, here are my points :

• The hack's name is "Blue Aura", correct? And the starring Pokémon should be Lugia... I think there should be a lot of mentions of it.
  • Well, I like that style of your story, but I do think the hero/heroine should be a little younger... say, 14.
  • No matter how realistic you try to make it, it's still a Pokémon game. And, a Pokémon game is lovable because it is not so extreme and realistic.
  • I read the whole story, and I like most of all the important points you've made there. But this stuff about gaining control of the world and become evil/non-evil is not that explored here. Stress on a few points, will you?
  • I like that bully part. You've made it sound good.
  • xD, I really think we should have the concept about winning 8 badges and beating the league more strong here.

... and that's what I thought about it. I think you've only scratched the surface of the story here, so try not to cover it up again! Of course, I'm not a storyliner like you or JNathan, but I just gave my opinion.

Progress:
Okay, so I figured out the Fakedex would be something like this:

Spoiler:

So that's the work so far! And I'm struggling with that hair-raising thing, what about you, Nintendork?

Team Report:
So, we have to do this. No choice. Somebody join! We are at lack of people! I think if we get the ball rolling soon we can reap the benefits. JNathan and Fenne-kun, compare notes and finalise the story. Remember not to make it complicated, since it isn't easy to script up big stuff, you know. After that, write a list of sub-events. As for the others, I and Nintendork will get spriting. Me, the Fakemon, him, the trainers. Ace can lend a hand too. Perhaps someone who is good at tile inserting will come by, and then we'll get mapping.

Opinions:
Yep, none today.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
:) I thought about that and there's a lot of things to implement it into the storyline. There can be a strange person that he battled earlier in the game (before gym 2) and he recognizes his pure and loving heart (he's still a good person back then despite being bullied). After beating the 4th gym, he can give him the Silver Wing and the other item (I forgot right now) and tell him to go to a place to search for this strange legendary pokemon. He also gives him surf. This person can be the 8th Gym Leader or the Champion.

As for the age, I don;t think a 14 year old can rule a city, that's why I made him 16.

The league thing? Well just because it's pokemon doesn't mean you focus on beating gyms. You DO beat gyms so yeah :P

Okay, so basically it's this. He starts having evil thoughts after beating the 4th Gym and obtaining Lugia, which upsets it. Still, he gets to the 5th city, sees the bully again, stomps him with lugia and goes to the gym leader. The gym leader is an arrogant person, so before battle, he bragged about his son living in [YOUR HOMETOWN] and mentioned his name - [YOUR RIVAL]. Furious, you challenge him to battle for the gym badge and continue with your evil thoughts, claiming the town for your own.

After that, like I said, you need to rematch the previous gym leaders and claim the towns as well (by that, just replace people's clothes with the classic uniform of your team or make some changes here and there for mappers). I'm thinking of events during Gym 6 and an event during Gym 2.

Who's mapping? Oh and wait so that's the pokemon we can use in game? Nothing more? XD I WANT RIOLUUU.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Once you guys get on some fakemon concepts, I think I might drop in and help you out because I have nothing better to do. Studying is for the weak!

Acecaldwell01

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2019
Yeah... We really need a mapper so if you are a mapper and reading this thread please sugn up!!!!!
BTW! That was a great storyline but, like creampuff said, it will be very complicated in the eyes of a scripter. Maybe even an asm scripter. I like the creativeness though!

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Since Fenne-kun is not online, i'd like to submit this story. It's basically the same but i modified it to make Lugia/Darkrai the stars and to have relations to Blue Aura. There it is!
Spoiler:

Any thoughts on this? It's not final.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
this sounds fun!
skill: scripter(pokescript), mapper, storyline development, currently learning music, sprite inserter, title screen...
proof of work: my old computer broke so nothing to show you now :(
experince: 2 years before i even made a pokecomunity account!!
Any teams?: nope! im all yours :)

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
It's a little bit complicated, but when you think about it again, it's still the same :P You're just..not an ordinary trainer but a future leader of an evil team, that's all. Change of perspectives :)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
xD, when I looked at Fenne-kun's story, I liked all the facts, I think I was just disturbed because this "you become evil" thing is just not my style. Later, I thought that we should take the one most accepted by the whole team. Okay, since now JNathan is developing ideas too, you can take your conversations to PMs, and discuss the storyline, okay?

As for Pepster98, I think you'll surely be accepted, but I'll leave it to Ace to decide your roles.

Team Report:
I'll leave it to you guys. I really don't know where the current IPS is, so I'll assume we're starting anew. I think we'll start with naming the first town. After you've finalised the first part of the story, the scripts and maps will start! Until then, we'll just work on sprites and the Fakedex.

Opinions:
Just one...
What is the region name? All of you guys rack your heads and think up a creative name...

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Maybe the region could be named Aurora. It's my opinion though. I'll discuss the plot with Fenne-kun and when we're ok, we'll post it for THE WHOLE TEAM to comment.

Acecaldwell01

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2019
Pepster98, you are accepted! I need you for mapping. I really want a scripter that knows xse... Just a preference i have because thats what i use when i make simple scripts. Nintendork should have the ips.... He hasnt responded tho so idk if he is still active... Does anybody know how to insert OW's?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
however i would not recomend me as a title screen maker as the colors are always distorted -.-
as for mapping: dont count on me for MAP editing

I dont know how to lay out routs...

BTW: yes I know OW inserting!

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Right now, according to popularity and creativity, the evil thing works really well. It's the only thing that can make us stand out from other roms. There's another rom I know where you play as a Team Rocket member, so this isn't THAT out of the ordinary. If you want a unique story, go for mine. JNathan and I are trying to input Lugia events into it (we already have one where he finds Lugia).

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Yes, go along. I know OW inserting... I use XSE... and I thought the others too could come with an idea for a region name (Preferably five-lettered). Good suggestion JNathan!

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Okay, how about this? Nexus Region.

Nexus means 'gathering together', which is what this region is trying to do (to develop). It's also the main character's earlier goal. It also has five letters.

However, this sounds better if it's the TEAM name (Team Nexus) and not the region.

Last edited:
Back