• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
hey behbeh i found you here and now i'll never leave~

i don't photoshop, but i'm trying to turn my drawings into digitally-looking pieces. maybe i'll get into the game like yall are doing right now :D consider this my introduction.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've been doodling a lot more lately but none of my images (only one which still isn't completely regardless) never really seem to get past the sketch. I really want to actually complete one but I think it might be motivation or I just find things wrong with the piece I don't bother with it anymore? Might be a mix of both but I really wish I could just wash those feelings away and actually finish something haha. ;;

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
the hardest resource i always have finding is fonts:P i just love cute little girly fonts, but everyone seems to use simple fonts for their tags >.< i'm just weird :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
To me simply fonts are more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, rather than curly font that normally seem out of place in a graphic. Of course there are exception to this.

Last edited:
Years
I really like atheist fonts, I think they are the most atheistically pleasing. ^^

I like big fonts, as well as big sigs and big avatars.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i think it just depends on what look you're going for when you're using fonts. that's my solution lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
And it's a good solution! I can't say much though since I'm kind of on a graphics block? But not on a drawing block anymore so that's good! Actually finished a piece yesterday though the intention wasn't to draw what I ended up drawing at all. Also happened with what I sketched yesterday after that. But I don't think I'll be painted or finish drawing the latter.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
And it's a good solution! I can't say much though since I'm kind of on a graphics block? But not on a drawing block anymore so that's good! Actually finished a piece yesterday though the intention wasn't to draw what I ended up drawing at all. Also happened with what I sketched yesterday after that. But I don't think I'll be painted or finish drawing the latter.

Story of my damn life right there. Save official requests, I'm so whimsical with my sketching. I don't know if it's my personality or my philosophy, but my drawings just naturally morph. That mega Scizor I did started out as Homestuck fanart. :x

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years

you should post your drawing!

whenever i'm on a drawing block, i try looking for inspiration or i don't draw at all because i feel like it'll turn out ugly lol.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
That mega Scizor I did started out as Homestuck fanart. :x

I know, right? I mean, it's so easy to get lost and find something else cool to do, sometimes the half-completed sketch even compliments the pose! If you want to concentrate on a specific art, bring a brain-squisher with you!

Years
Urg, I'm so all over the place with my art. One thing will start out being completely different or halfway into my drawing I'd realize it would look better as something other than what I was planning on drawing. I notice I draw a lot better when I'm just sketching quickly than actually trying to make a good picture, too. xD;

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Ooh, I'm better than you guys in this aspect, at least. I always finish what I intended to make in the first place. Although the results are generally crappy but that's another story...

Also, graphics people. We need more of those. ;_____;

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Well, you're a lucky one. At least you get to be consistent :P
That's true we need more artists overall :P
I'm sure learning gfx will take some time but... I can try to XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I do graphics! Well... kinda. More avatars than anything. And I'm a pretty decent artist so I'm pretty decent overall I guess.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
Ooh, I'm better than you guys in this aspect, at least. I always finish what I intended to make in the first place. Although the results are generally crappy but that's another story...

lol i have to be in my creative mood in order to finish what i started.

graphics people are important(:

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years

Most true thing in the history of true truths. I really wish there was more activity in this section, especially graphics wise. I need to stop making one sig and then going on a three month break, lol.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I made a banner today, but I don't really like it. Too ugly to post. I rarely know how a piece will end, haha. I need Dero's love and guidance.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I never know how my piece is going to turn out until I am finished with it if I do finish it. Which reminds me that I did want to try making something this weekend but I haven't done so yet. I have time tonight so maybe I'll grab my tablet and try.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I never know exactly how my pieces turn out, but I usually have a general idea about that before I start working on something. But there are times where something unexpected happens and I end up steering off from what I originally planned to work on, for better or worse lol.

I'll probably make a new icon to match with my current signature, because cute pink girl and bunny don't go well with glitchy splatters. Then I'll attempt to make a new tag with some of the new resources I got. New meaning I got them 2-3 months ago but haven't used any of them yet xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back