• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MUGEN] Samurott Showdown

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
This is awesome! But this will definitely ruin your worst member of the year reputation... :D
I look forward to this and I hope this is a success.

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
That looks so awesome. i cant wait till u finish it :D

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I absolutely adore the graphics on this game (Along with the fact that Blaziken is my favourite Pokemon) and I think that this project will be a huge success. I want to suggest some Pokemon for you, so here they are:

Samurott (The game is named after it)
Grovyle
Swellow
Croconaw
Raticate
Unown
Arbok
Zebstrika
Houndoom
Mightyena
Manectric
Walrein
Delibird
Chimecho
Toxicroak
Togetic

It's just a random bunch of Pokemon, most of them being my favourites.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I've already got a fairly comprehensive list of character teams, split between generations and type of Pokémon. And no offense, but some of those don't sound fun to play or design at all.

edogg

EXTREME mapper
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
Good luck i tried to make a MUGEN game before for and it was hard.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013

Decided to try out choreographing attack animations. Eagle-eyed viewers may recognise this animation.

It's missing any sort of animation on his hair, as well as some finer touches - the lead up to his striking leg can probably do with motion blur to improve the illusion of a sudden movement.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I don't really think it needs a motion blur. The speed of it is fine in my eyes.

Good to see you are making progress!

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013

As well, an idea of what the sprites would look like when rendered for 1080p resolutions instead of 720p - easy enough to do if there's significant demand for it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 24, 2022
VERY Impressive! I will be following this project.

The running animation looks pretty good :) As I was reading the thread, I was going to suggest some bounce, but I think you nailed it.

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
I never get tired of seeing your improvements on that Blaziken <3

I will continue to see how this turns out, so far your not disappointing me! 8D

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Glad to see you got poses and stuff for Blaziken! Are the blue boxes in your second-to-last post the hitboxes?

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Yes, the blue boxes represent the area in which characters can be hit.

In other news, here's a thing:

Looks like your doing good so far! I would've preferred to see some more effort from Blaziken fighting in that video, but that's just me nitpicking, Besides it's probably because you haven't animated attacks for him yet. I'd love to see how it works when your done with that though! 8D

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Sweet. I just wonder where did you model your Blaziken? I can create models using Maya so maybe I can do a little help.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Comment on the video: Video killed the tag star

Round 4: RYU randomly dies!?!?!?

Good game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Sweet. I just wonder where did you model your Blaziken? I can create models using Maya so maybe I can do a little help.

I work in 3DS Max, which I believe shares a common file format and some other things between Maya.

Anyway, now he can punch along with being punched.

Plays as stiff as all hell though, gotta start fixing move properties up now.

Back