• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How'd you beat the Elite Four?

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
In Sapphire, I really wanted to solo the E4 and Steven with my level 100 Linoone, but after about a dozen tries, I always lost to Steven. So I caught a Bagon, fully evolved it, and taught it Flamethrower. I still soloed the E4 with Linoone, but I brought Salamence along to help with Steven, and that worked.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
My level 100 empolean (Legit) that got traded 4 times. (from my Diamond to my Pearl to Soulsilver to my black.)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 7, 2018
The first time... A lot of grinding. And Rayquazza. Mainly Rayquazza.

Memoric

Real Eyes
Years
Usually, the best way to win is to use Super-Effective attacks. That was usually my strategy in Emerald and FireRed. In my latest run, however, things were a bit different.

In Emerald, I used mons that I never used before. I had Ninjask, Sceptile, Manectric, Crobat, Breloom, and Tentacruel. The strategy was Ninjask sets up Swords Dance and Speed Boost then Baton Passes to Crobat or Breloom, or in rare cases, Tentacruel (Sludge Bomb). Sceptile and Manectric were there as the Special Attackers.

Using this strategy, I beat the E4+1 easily. I only had 4 revives (forgot to stock up) during the E5, but I only had 1 faint from each battle. The fifth was irrelevant since it was from the last battle anyway.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I picked out the Pokemon I was going to use for the whole game with the intention of beating the Elite Four in mind (Emerald). Breloom for Dark, Gardevoir for Ghost (CM/Psychic spam), Gardevoir for Ice (CM/Psychic/Thunderbolt spam) along with a Skarmory, all of my Pokemon for Dragon, since I forgot to pack an ice-mon. Then mainly Gardevoir for Wallace.

Aegis Gundam

Four-Legged Robot
Years
FireRed

Using only the Charizard.
It was a damn ****, I was more than 9 hours using only trying to pass him, but when I did, I think I cried with joy and ran for another game.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
In Emerald I used my level 70 Rayquaza, taught him Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Fly, and Outrage (all with PP Maxes), and swept the floor with him.

I've never beaten the Elite Four on Ruby or Sapphire, though.

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
I mostly used my level 70 Charisse's the first time and a level 80 charizard the second, now I added a 75 new two to my team but my other Pokemon are all level 40-50 still: zapdos, snorlax, gyrados, i had a vile plume earlier, now my dog.

Bulbartle

Banned for being awesome
Years
Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire
I used my EV'd Blaziken and beat $#|+ out of them

Firered
I used the 3 legendary birds and Charizard

Leafgreen
I used snorlax,onix,venuasaur,lapras,zapdos and pidgeot

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Kanto League:

Team of Venusaur, Ninetales, Weezing, Starmie, Kabutops, and Machamp.

Lorelei: Venusaur was a nice Pokemon to have here, as was Machamp. Starmie helped a bit too, with Thunderbolt.
Bruno: lolStarmie.
Agatha: lolStarmie.
Lance: lolStarmie. Seriously, though, Weezing pulled off a nice suicide that killed his Dragonite.
Blue/Gary/Whatever I named him: Every one of my Pokemon did at least something here. Except for Machamp.

Moral of the story: Starmie is the most insanely OP Pokemon in-game.

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
Years
I just beat the Kanto League (Leaf Green), and I was kinda impressed I did it, because I didn't have to grind at all :D It was the third try: first, I was KOed by Lorelei (hehe), the 2nd time by Lance. My team was:
  • Golbat (lvl 46)
  • Ninetales (47)
  • Sandslash (46)
  • Butterfree (46)
  • Mr. Mime (48)
  • Blastoise (52)
I also applied the rule that I could only use two items per battle (as the NPCs do). My secret weapon was Mr. Mime: he's really fast, so I often could use Encore effectively. After the encore, I would calm mind a few times, and then sweep with Psychic/Thunder. And my Blastoise had Rain Dance, so he could give Mr. Mime 100% accuracy on Thunder (used to kill Lance's Gyarados). Although this often didn't clear entire teams (except Agatha's), it was a great help. My Butterfree was also great with the amazing moveset of Sleep Powder (99% accurate), Dream Eater, Giga Drain and Solarbeam. Golbat could annoy greatly with Toxic, Bite (flinch) and confuse ray. Sandslash was great for killing Pidgeot, and Ninetales just for everything that was left.
It was an amazing experience, never thought I could beat the game without grinding at all!

Mr. Mime is more overpowered, with Encore (so easy to predict NPCs) and Calm Mind, and amazing speed!

Last edited:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I beat the elite four in Fire red with My these Pokemon

Zapdos

Aircane

Charizard

Molters

Rayquaza (Cheat)

i barely useed Rayquaza most. Almost 10 or 8 times in the four matches. And i really like it cause it give some really unbeatable moves. With the lvl 68 Rayquaza what more do i needed ? It was though to beat Gary in last but somehow i managed. Well my highest leveled and well trained Pokemon was Aircane. I used to take the Aircane in last. I keep its HP save. I used it in lst match. I also bought to many Max revive & Max potion. And managed to beat all. I find the 2nd & 5th and 4th member too hard.

Lance was unbeatable i had left only one Pokemon and lance had 4 left. I beat 2 of his pokemon in one shot with my Zapdos. And i used double drill pack in His 3rd one. And when the 3rd one faint i had only 1 left with yellow HP. I tried to use Max poition. I don't even get a chance to revive my Pokemon otherwise Zapdos would faint. So i beat the last one with 4 drill pack cause he missed his 2 moves for being paralyzed. Then i succeed to beat him up. In the 5th battle with Gary it was too hard to beat him up. I barley left 4 Pokemon and he 5 in the ending climax. (i was near to beat him) I get my Aircane out and take his One Pokemon in one shot. Maybe it was Extreme speed or something. Then i used 3 (maybe ) or 4 times to Beat his 4th one up. My aircane reached yellow HP. i somehow managed to beat his 4th Pokemon. Then he had 3 i had 4. He beat my 2 Pokemon with his one Pokemon in only one shot. Too much stress. Maybe i was confused. I don't remember well i complete it in january 10 (My 10th or 8th time beating fire red) And maybe i just then Take my Rayquaza and beat his 3rd one. Then his 2nd Pokemon beat My rayquaza. I had only Aircane left. I used it to beat this 2nd one.

too hard it was. Then he just reached my Aircane's HP to red i used Max potion again and agian and again until his PP got over. He was using maybe Some ground type maybe Kangshan. Then i used to do a fire blast which caused my Victory 10th time.

Back