• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you even lift breh?

Retom

Retomplay on Youtube
Years
so I eat much but my arms are still thin however my belly............. everything goes to my belly and I probably only get fat there but not my arms however, I dont call myself fat because everyone calls me thin for someone who doesnt do sports or workout. but if i look at my self, clothes disguise it but i am thin at my arms which i hate :P

Years
so I eat much but my arms are still thin however my belly............. everything goes to my belly and I probably only get fat there but not my arms however, I dont call myself fat because everyone calls me thin for someone who doesnt do sports or workout. but if i look at my self, clothes disguise it but i am thin at my arms which i hate :P

I find arms fun to work out :D If you don't want skinny arms and want them to get stronger just start push-ups. It's easy, fast and effective. I started at 30 and now 80 fast in a row. (My goal in 2 months is 100 at least).

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I haven't lifted in at least 4 months, but I used to lift and take supplements. I still have some muscle I guess. :p

Years
Instead of trying to degrade me with memes like a hater, why don't you do some push-ups until you look more like me and become less jealous of my muscles.
1z210fp.jpg

At first I thought the alpha male thing was a joke but you keep saying it and I'm getting really worried that you're actually serious lmao

I'm imagining this little five year old crossing his arms in a huff and saying "Mommy, I am an alpha male!"
wmdz5d.jpg

Introvert pls stahp. I'm actually getting offended by your ignorance.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I go to gyms all the time. They're so much fun to participate in and try to get stronger.
Spoiler:

Outlier

wmdz5d.jpg

Introvert pls stahp. I'm actually getting offended by your ignorance.

What's ignorant about wanting to live a healthy lifestyle? Please stop hating on me and my beautiful muscles. I understand the jealousy guys, I really do. But the personal insults have to stop!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
What's ignorant about wanting to live a healthy lifestyle? Please stop hating on me and my beautiful muscles. I understand the jealousy guys, I really do. But the personal insults have to stop!
Okay, the reason people are doing this is because you keep relating it back to jealousy. You keep saying that people are doing this because they're jealous of you and that's what ticking people off. If you want it to stop, simply stop saying that people are jealous of you because they aren't. It's that simple.

Although, I do have to agree that the backlash has to stop. It's getting annoying and could end up causing some drama that no one wants right now.

Now, let's get back on topic. Anyone frequent gyms that aren't pokemon gyms? :P

Years

You're not promoting a healthy lifestyle. You're promoting false insinuations that everyone must and wants to look like you to perceive themselves beautiful. You quite literally spelled it out for yourself in that post. Your "beautiful" muscles aren't so "beautiful" to me bro, and judging from all the people you can "beat in an arm wrestle" they don't think they're so flash hot either.
This is not jealousy, this is disgust. It's people like you who force their opinions on everyone else that ruin society for me. You don't have to be at the gym everyday to be living healthily, I'm 183cm tall and weigh 62kg but I live on a healthy balanced diet that doesn't involve exercise outside of daily activities such as walking and whatever. I have never had any health issue with my body where my weight was the cause, in fact I like being thin and to me calling someone my size "too thin" is about as psychological detrimental as calling someone who is obese a 'sweaty fat ****'.
Also what is alpha? I'm assuming you mean 'alpha' in the primitive sense of having the strongest member of a group as the alpha leader. Look around man, that's not how it works anymore. It's the hard working and the cunning that make it to the top of the food chain not the brick walls. You can go to the gym everyday by all means no one is stopping you, I'm saying you need to be highly regarded in your field of career to be alpha now. So pick up a football and start earning millions, then you have the right to call yourself "alpha"; and even after that you still do not have the power to objectively define beauty so just stop.

P.S Stop saying alpha it's condescending and says quite a lot about your character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Outlier

Okay, the reason people are doing this is because you keep relating it back to jealousy. You keep saying that people are doing this because they're jealous of you and that's what ticking people off. If you want it to stop, simply stop saying that people are jealous of you because they aren't. It's that simple.

Although, I do have to agree that the backlash has to stop. It's getting annoying and could end up causing some drama that no one wants right now.

Now, let's get back on topic. Anyone frequent gyms that aren't pokemon gyms? :P

Well I wouldn't be accusing them of jealousy if they weren't questioning my alpha maleness. All I did was create a thread trying to promote exercise and having a good diet. I had noble intentions in the beginning but now all of these beta haters are trying to bring me down to their level with personal insults and offensive pictures/memes implying I look like a uterus and that I am a baby just because I'm proud of my physique, which I worked very hard to get I'll have you all know.

Whatever peeps, keep eating junk food and sipping on that haterade. I'm off to the gym to blow off some steam. Real talk. >:(

Years
Alpha's a pretty cheese concept ngl

i'm really soft now, but I used to bench 120 ... pounds hehehe

I should really get back into shape, but the Canadian winter is long and cold...

Years
I do bit of everything really. I alternate between my lift days and my cardio/running regiments, if I have time. I do tend to skip leg day sometimes, which I can't afford to do much more, otherwise I'll start to look lopsided.

I have almost a full set of gym equipment in my grandparent's basement, so no real need to pay for a membership. Having a former Mr. Atlas for a Grandfather also helps.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I used to have a fairly active routine thanks to military training. I still have the light sleep issue where I can wake up on a drop which kinda is the point to doing the routine...I really need to get back into it.

Used to do
3 mile jog
75 free squats
75 curls (the sit up like ones where you bring your knees and head up to form a ball)
40 Push ups (military push ups are a pain in the ....well you know)

I kinda stopped after a couple of years, though I think its time to start back up again. I still walk a slightly unhealthy amount though XD

Its that or force time to use the school's gym since I get free access to it.

Outlier

You're not promoting a healthy lifestyle. You're promoting false insinuations that everyone must and wants to look like you to perceive themselves beautiful. You quite literally spelled it out for yourself in that post. Your "beautiful" muscles aren't so "beautiful" to me bro, and judging from all the people you can "beat in an arm wrestle" they don't think they're so flash hot either.
This is not jealousy, this is disgust. It's people like you who force their opinions on everyone else that ruin society for me. You don't have to be at the gym everyday to be living healthily, I'm 183cm tall and weigh 62kg but I live on a healthy balanced diet that doesn't involve exercise outside of daily activities such as walking and whatever. I have never had any health issue with my body where my weight was the cause, in fact I like being thin and to me calling someone my size "too thin" is about as psychological detrimental as calling someone who is obese a 'sweaty fat ****'.
Also what is alpha? I'm assuming you mean 'alpha' in the primitive sense of having the strongest member of a group as the alpha leader. Look around man, that's not how it works anymore. It's the hard working and the cunning that make it to the top of the food chain not the brick walls. You can go to the gym everyday by all means no one is stopping you, I'm saying you need to be highly regarded in your field of career to be alpha now. So pick up a football and start earning millions, then you have the right to call yourself "alpha"; and even after that you still do not have the power to objectively define beauty so just stop.

P.S Stop saying alpha it's condescending and says quite a lot about your character.

Look at the first response to my thread. Someone (a mod no less) questioned my alpha maleness just because I'm proud of my physique. If I made a thread about beauty and I said I thought I was beautiful and someone asked why do you think you're beautiful, then that person would no doubt be regarded to as an *******. So why is it any different with us alpha males. Why are we so discriminated against huh? If someone attacks me, I'll attack them back for it is the alpha male way.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I took weight training in high school and that was the toughest PE class I have ever taken. My bench was 90 pounds, which isn't that great. It was weird though, I could bench 90 pounds five times easily, but I just couldn't do 95 pounds. Oh well, that was a mental barrier that I didn't get past. However, my squat wasn't too shabby. By the end of the trimester I was squatting 250 pounds. I don't think that's too bad.

Years
"alpha" males don't go around telling everybody how alpha they are cuz they're supposed to be shinin js

also we don't attack people, we're too good for that shizz

also we don't complain but soldier on, haterz b hatin

I took weight training in high school and that was the toughest PE class I have ever taken. My bench was 90 pounds, which isn't that great. It was weird though, I could bench 90 pounds five times easily, but I just couldn't do 95 pounds. Oh well, that was a mental barrier that I didn't get past. However, my squat wasn't too shabby. By the end of the trimester I was squatting 250 pounds. I don't think that's too bad.

This so much. Limits can be really hard to break. 170 pound squats will destroy me D:

Years
I would have posted this even before I was a mod. I've only been doing this mod gig for a bit over a month lol

Last time I heard, it's pretty beta to go around challenging everybody cuz they can't see you shinin, but I dunno, it's just what I've heard that's all.

I respect that we can have different definitions on what is alpha though. Not that I completely endorse that concept as reality, it's more of a mental exercise for me. My brain lifts too.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This so much. Limits can be really hard to break. 170 pound squats will destroy me D:

Is it your legs or your back? My first squat in highschool was like 245. I've always had strong legs, my back though usually causes me issues. Can't do pull ups very well due to my upper body strength and back strength not used to being used to lift my body.

By graduation, I was squatting around 320 after being shown proper techniques.

Still can't really do pull ups. I really need to work on my upper body.

Years
AHHHH WAT

and i thought my legs were the best part of me ;;

I definitely think it's the back, or it's part of it. I was only squatting for several weeks before I stopped, so my form was probably not 100% all the time. My knees probably hadn't fully acclimatized to such load while ass-to-grass too, so there's that as well. In any case seeing how you guys have done 200+ I'm definitely going to aim for 200 pounds as soon as I get back to working out haha.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
AHHHH WAT

and i thought my legs were the best part of me ;;

I definitely think it's the back, or it's part of it. I was only squatting for several weeks before I stopped, so my form was probably not 100% all the time. My knees probably hadn't fully acclimatized to such load while ass-to-grass too, so there's that as well. In any case seeing how you guys have done 200+ I'm definitely going to aim for 200 pounds as soon as I get back to working out haha.

Right...200+ was me starting as a Freshman XD Don't kill yourself striving for a large amount.

Back