• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Sandgem Town, I believe. Once you've caught your second Pokémon. You may want to catch two spare Pokémon so you can trade in both the egg and a Flame Bodyer.

If you have a third D/P game and are willing to play through Ranger five times, you can speed up this process by producing five Manaphy eggs. I believe it's necessary to do a factory reset on both Ranger and the D/P game receiving the Egg in order to make another one.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
Years
Hey all,

Well, I'm going to go Soft reset for a good IV'd/Shiny Raquaza in Emerald. Afterwards, I'm going to go hunt for some shinies.

Good luck to everyone with Soft Reseting/ Shiny hunting.

-Neku Sakuraba

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
Sometimes it can be very weird. I can't explain it. It's happened to me and a lot of other people who have chained for quite some time.

It happened to me twice on the same day on the "same" chain. It was with Krabby. I chained and should've had 40 but I looked at the PokeRadar app and it said I only had 31 or so, but I knew otherwise. So I chained til I thought I had 40 again, and checked the app again... It said I had 2. The music never faded and I never found anything but Krabby. Extremely weird.

I've tried chaining Smeargle before. On my first try I breezed to 39. By far the quickest I have ever chained a Pokemon before. But then the chain broke.
I've never been able to get back to a 40 chain with Smeargle. It's hard to chain. It just depends on how lucky you are.

I can't really decipher what happened to you without further details, except for the fact of what happened to me before with Krabby. Some things just can't be explained.

But another thing to look at is how sometimes chains break after you enter shiny grass. I suspect it's possible that the same kind of thing happened here. It just depends on how much grass is around you because that's another factor in getting the Radar to re-activate which is another reason why we do not enter grass patches at the edge.

If you notice in my video the first "perfect" grass I enter. After I exit that battle, only a single grass patch shakes. It could've been more, or it could've been none at all, breaking the chain.
I've also had only a single grass patch activate right in the middle of the field.

It all just boils down to luck. And in your case, unfortunately you were unlucky. But keep trying.
so, there's nothing we could do about that, there is?
as I understood we just need to hope the chain doen't break after those "perfect fields"...
I thought I was doing something wrong cause it happened like 3 times...
anyway I think I'm getting pretty good on this... but I think I'm having some trouble in identifying the shiny patch... as DDD said it usualy comes after 15 chains... I did a 25 chain on smeargle and didn't got a shiny one... I think my chain isn't long enought yet...
btw, good luck everyone on the hunts :D

Years
Hey, MM, so when we trade the egg over, and then walk out of the Union Club, do we save right then?

And then do we go, hatch it, and then check it?
And if it's not shiny, go back, and trade it over?
Then delete the profile, and trade it back again?

Double Post: Oh, and there are 2 other LEGIT Shiny Mystery Gifts. ALAMOS (ONLY ALAMOS) Darkrai and Eigikan (Unsure about the upcoming event, as it is not known yet) Shaymin.

Last edited:
Years
Hey, MM, so when we trade the egg over, and then walk out of the Union Club, do we save right then?

And then do we go, hatch it, and then check its Stats screen?
And if it's not shiny, soft reset, go back, and trade [the egg] back [out]?
Then delete the profile, and trade it back again?
This is the correct process. Corrections/clarifications in bold.

Double Post: Oh, and there are 2 other LEGIT Shiny Mystery Gifts. ALAMOS (ONLY ALAMOS) Darkrai and Eigikan (Unsure about the upcoming event, as it is not known yet) Shaymin.
I'll look into this, but I don't believe they can be shiny either. I have the wondercard dumps, so I'll see if there are any "special" values in there which might change this.

I believe it's time for a progress rundown, now that I'm back. Not much has changed since before, however.

Sapphire: Still SRing Kyogre. 914 resets. Kinda on the backburner.
Ruby: Not needed for anything, really, so it's on loan to my 6-year-old nephew.
Fire Red: Mainly used for breeding stuff for Pal Park, but I would hunt Qwilfish if I were to hunt on it.
Leaf Green: Playing through the game to harvest Catdogs and starters. On my final play, I will SR Bulbasaur or Charmander. (I want shiny Charmander more, but I'm kind of in the process of collecting shiny Grass starters, so maybe Bulbasaur. Might just breed him. Who needs egg moves more?)
Emerald: Hatching endless Chikoritas. My current count is in the neighbourhood of 3000 eggs. I have two boxes I need to sort through and release before resuming the hatching.
Diamond: SRing Turtwig. Current (approximate) count is 256. I am counting 22HP females, each with odds 1 in 128. This is my priority hunt, since it blocks my hunting for shiny Dialga.
Pearl: Various (secret) Pokéradar targets and Rotom. Might eventually reset for Giratina or a runner. Runners are the hardest SRs ever, so they'll probably just sit there. :P

Years
Wait, so as you leave the union room, save and if not shiny trade back but don't bother hatching in egg ot game? Oh, and Color Me Evil has them legit for Darkrai and Shaymin

Years
Did he trade for them?? If so how does he know their legit?
He doesn't. He calls them legit because they pass legal.exe's checks, which is known to not test for everything. It also doesn't tell you what it verified as. Suppose you start a new game and pick the name, ALAMOS. You hack your IDs to be the same as the event. Then, you teleport to Darkrai's island and SR. You get your shiny, then you hack it to be in the Cherish Ball and give it the correct Trainer Memo and ribbon. Hack detectors don't look at these kinds of things; they expect the user to check them himself. The hack detector will see this and think, "Oh, SR poke here. Pass." and return a pass, even though it's for the wrong reason.

Working on Turtwig and mapping songs in osu! GL to all for stuff.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
so, there's nothing we could do about that, there is?
as I understood we just need to hope the chain doen't break after those "perfect fields"...

Right. Most of the time it won't, but sometimes it still happens. But it's still the greatest odds of continuing, so it's just bad luck if it breaks.

I thought I was doing something wrong cause it happened like 3 times...
anyway I think I'm getting pretty good on this... but I think I'm having some trouble in identifying the shiny patch... as DDD said it usualy comes after 15 chains... I did a 25 chain on smeargle and didn't got a shiny one... I think my chain isn't long enought yet...
btw, good luck everyone on the hunts :D

Well, with each Pokemon you put in your chain, your chances will go up. They'll max at 40, which is rumored to be 1 in 200 / 204, instead of 1 in 8192. So it'll appear anytime really which is why you must pay attention, but you were supposed to be paying attention anyway! lol

I'd just keep practicing on Smeargle, but just remember it's one of the harder ones to do so it'll break more often.

I'll look into this, but I don't believe they can be shiny either. I have the wondercard dumps, so I'll see if there are any "special" values in there which might change this.

Me neither. In a way, if some can't be shiny, then they all can't be shiny, which is why I stopped a long, long time ago on SRing them.

Well, anyway...

66,000 steps, 12 shiny Pikachu, 1 chaining guide = Awesomeness.

7 boys, 5 girls. 7 Oran Berries. 0 Light Balls.
6 Hasty, 2 Quiet, 1 Sassy, 1 Relaxed, 1 Serious, 1 Careful.

Yay!

Now what.

I guess next on my list is just get better and then get back to hatching Magikarps. Although, I wanted to try something... I will on Pearl though. I don't want to get any shinies on Diamond until I hatch a shiny Magikarp there..

Good luck everyone

Years
Well, with each Pokemon you put in your chain, your chances will go up. They'll max at 40, which is rumored to be 1 in 200 / 204, instead of 1 in 8192.
I like this approximation. 1/8192 is very close to 1/8200, so let's consider it that. A pretty accurate approximation of the Pokéradar odds would be to start at 1 in 8200 and decrease the denominator by 200 for each Pokémon added to the chain, to a limit of 1 in 200, which is reached at a 40-chain.

Well, anyway...

66,000 steps, 12 shiny Pikachu, 1 chaining guide = Awesomeness.

7 boys, 5 girls. 7 Oran Berries. 0 Light Balls.
6 Hasty, 2 Quiet, 1 Sassy, 1 Relaxed, 1 Serious, 1 Careful.

Yay!
Hasty? Going for a mixed set or something? I'd be thinking Timid or Modest.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
Well, with each Pokemon you put in your chain, your chances will go up. They'll max at 40, which is rumored to be 1 in 200 / 204, instead of 1 in 8192. So it'll appear anytime really which is why you must pay attention, but you were supposed to be paying attention anyway! lol

I'd just keep practicing on Smeargle, but just remember it's one of the harder ones to do so it'll break more often.
so what should I chain to train??? maybe a starly?
which is the best chain for beginners?
btw I made a 30 chain yesterday :D
but it broke again :(
this thime it was my falt... btw I'm getting better anyway =D

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
For beginners you should be chaining swarms. They have a 40% chance of appearing. Zigzagoon and Doduo are the closest to Sandgem Town and have low level pokes.

Years
Well, I'm gonna have a snow-day off of school tomorrow since we are going to get a storm tonight, so I'll be doing a bit of SRing tomorrow.

Double Post.
What did you mean 22 HP Female Turtwig have a 1/128 chance MM?

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I like this approximation. 1/8192 is very close to 1/8200, so let's consider it that. A pretty accurate approximation of the Pokéradar odds would be to start at 1 in 8200 and decrease the denominator by 200 for each Pokémon added to the chain, to a limit of 1 in 200, which is reached at a 40-chain.

I like that approximation too. Awesome!

Hasty? Going for a mixed set or something? I'd be thinking Timid or Modest.

Yeah, mixed. Light Ball increases Attack and Sp. Attack of Pikachu. And with that nature it doesn't hurt Raichu too much either. I'm not sure which one I'll pick for Pika, and which one I'll pick for Raichu though...
I won't be using them very often, but then I remind myself I have no Pokemon for Local Wireless battles, so it does matter a little bit.
I'll probably check them out later, cuz I'm feeling much better again today. If I keep getting better by this much every day I should be nearly better by Sunday, if not sooner.

Oh, yeah,

so what should I chain to train??? maybe a starly?
which is the best chain for beginners?
btw I made a 30 chain yesterday :D
but it broke again :(
this thime it was my falt... btw I'm getting better anyway =D

Hmm. Well, it depends on your preference. You have some choices. You could go with what DragonKing_ShinyElite said and try to chain a Swarm Pokemon. There's some pretty awesome Swarm Pokemon to chain, like Absol, Magnemite, the list goes on... (Here's the list if you wanna look. Ignore Tangela at the bottom unless you have a Japanese game.. Tangela and Tropius were left out of the coding in English games, and it is such a shame.)

Some of the other easier Pokemon to chain are Starly, Budew, Shinx (remember to use Static), and Bidoof, but no one really wants a shiny Bidoof...

As far as my own plans to go, I'm deciding if there's anything I can chain in Pearl that I want...

Years
Are you kidding?! Shiny Bidoof PWNS!

Alternating between Regice and Dialga, since talking to people and Dual SRing is kinda hard :\
GL ma peeps :D

Years
What did you mean 22 HP Female Turtwig have a 1/128 chance MM?
I meant exactly what I said. There's exactly a 1 in 128 chance that the Turtwig you pick at the start of the game will have 22HP and be female.

Since for long runs, this becomes close to 1 such Turtwig for every 128 Turtwigs total, I'm using this to approximate how many Turtwigs I've seen since I've started by counting only the 22HP females and multiplying by 128.

Also, Shinx is apparently very easy to chain. I've found that the odds of keeping your chain with swarmers seems to vary with the swarm. Delibird came very easily, despite the snow, but others like Nosepass caused endless grief.

Thinking of going to chain something. That or EV some of those shinies who've been building up in my box. Still looking at a long list of secret radar targets here.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
I think I'll try out those swarm pokes...
but now I feel I'm close to smeargle so...
I'll finish it :P
atm I'm on a 23 chain... I hope this one gets up to 40! :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Nothing from me. I temporarily put Swinub on hold and I'm chaining for either Poochyena or Houndour. I'm not doing very well with my chaining attempts. I do get the scattered chain in the 30's, but I can never seem to get to 40. Most of my recent chains have broken in the low to mid twenties.

I am SRing for shiny Regigigas in Pearl as well, but the Regi King hasn't shone yet. I haven't gotten a lot of SR's in for it, less than 500, so I really have to pick up the pace. I want to get at least one more shiny by SRing before the end of this year.

Back