• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

ShadowWolf32

Near-Expert
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
That's not true. In Liquid Crystal Onix evolves by simply leveling up. I'm still not sure if it evolves at a certain level or if it is a happiness-based evolution though. Pegasus, just keep it on your team and it will just evolve, no need to trade. BTW, what level is it? Someone said in a previous post that his Rocky evolved at lvl 26. Mine evolved a bit later i think (maybe cause it changed from one beta to another or cause it's hapiness evolution).

No idea about seadra, but trade-evolutions were discarded from this hack, so most certainly it will just evolve if you keep him/her leveling up.

This makes me EXTREMELY happy. Trade evolutions were always really annoying.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
helow guys can u plss help me i downloaded the patch here but it said that the game is 3.2 beta and not 3.1 i cant beat misty because every time i battled the 5th path the game hangs and turn to black? i dont want to start from the start again i raise my pokemon the best i can pls help tnx

Years
helow guys can u plss help me i downloaded the patch here but it said that the game is 3.2 beta and not 3.1 i cant beat misty because every time i battled the 5th path the game hangs and turn to black? i dont want to start from the start again i raise my pokemon the best i can pls help tnx
That happenes with me all the time because I play hacks like LC on my phone.. To solve this problem copy your save file to PC and play that part with VBA emulator.. and then save back

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
nooooooo.jpg
My dear Luke, it is inevitable.
You cannot stop the flow. Everything has to end... eventually.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
That happenes with me all the time because I play hacks like LC on my phone.. To solve this problem copy your save file to PC and play that part with VBA emulator.. and then save back

Ideally, we'd like to actually fix this, but since we can't replicate it on PC, we can't fix it. Sorry! :(

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Hey, sorry, but is it possible to get Kabutops in this game? I know that the Goldenrod science center will resurrect a fossil, but I'm just not sure where to get said fossil.

Also, is there a move tutor for Swords Dance in the game? Because if not, there totally should be.

Years
Hey, sorry, but is it possible to get Kabutops in this game? I know that the Goldenrod science center will resurrect a fossil, but I'm just not sure where to get said fossil.

Also, is there a move tutor for Swords Dance in the game? Because if not, there totally should be.
The Science center in GoldenRod is buggy and may not work for you even if you do found the fossil which I ma sure is not available..

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2019
I can't seem to find Staryu in the game and I've looked at the old game FAQ. Does anyone know where it is? And which rod to use?

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
I beat blue got all the badges im at cinnabar island now what do i do?

go challenge the elite 4 again then go fight red at mt. silver. then afterwards you will have a phone call and you will carry on from there to get to orange island..

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been round these parts.

Now this isn't strictly Liquid Crystal news, but it does affect this area of the site, the Development Journal. For those that can remember back to the launch of LC 3.1, the Live Log had a number of "status updates" which detailed small changed made to the ROM each day. This allowed you guys to know exactly what's going on and when. Then, with the introduction of the Official LC Site, the Live Log was replaced by this Development Journal. Well, I guess it's time to introduce the change that will happen in 2 days time.

Romhack.me - the future of ROM Hacking.
Romhack.me is a new site I've been working on for a long time, which aims to create an incredible community for ROM Hackers to share their work and get to know people. The idea is similar to Facebook, and the site itself is essentially a Facebook for ROM Hackers. Romhack.me officially launches today!

But how does this affect Liquid Crystal? Well, I've decided that once the site is launched I'll be closing down the Development Journal, and moving it to the Liquid Crystal Romhack.me Page where you can get all the new information, videos, pictures, events and report bugs as well as discussion about the game.

Every time me or a member of the team works on Liquid Crystal, we will be writing status updates onto the page. This can include posting a new WIP soundtrack, a new map or set of tiles, a video showing off a new feature, or anything else such as the small updates you can expect from the Live Log and this journal.

I encourage people to head over to the Liquid Crystal page on Romhack.me and have a look. You'll need to sign up in order to comment and take part in the discussions, as well as post onto the Page yourself.

As for Liquid Crystal itself, I planned for work a lot on it this summer, but found myself chilling out for the majority of the time. I go back to Uni on October 1st, so I'll try and get some updates in before then since this month is generally quite clear for me until I go back.

Until the next update, I'll see you guys around!

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2017
Great website LaZ. I'll sign up sometime this weekend :).

Also I finally discovered how to evolve my seadra after a week XD. I used the water stone that the Castform Pryce gave you has. And now I finally have my Kingdra!

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Well, there seems to be new updates on Liquid Crystal on the live beta.

How do i continue my save from 3.2 in the newest live beta?

EDIT: I tried naming it to the same file name, and all i got was a black screen.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well, there seems to be new updates on Liquid Crystal on the live beta.

How do i continue my save from 3.2 in the newest live beta?

EDIT: I tried naming it to the same file name, and all i got was a black screen.
Patch the new ROM and replace the old with the new one in folder where old ROM is located.

I ought to save this post... I seem to be repeating this too often.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
Yeah, you need flutes for "the spots for something". Red flute goes on the red pedestal, yellow flute on yellow pedestal etc. Too bad i have not found blue flute, if someone knows where it is is please tell. When you put the flute on the pedestal it will unlock a cave, in which you can find one of the three legendary birds. Zapdos is in Rock tunnel and Moltres is in Mt.Mortar, if my memory servers right. Dunno where articuno is, probably in Seafoam Island, anyways need to find the blue flute first.

Registered just to tell you that the blue flute is located in Violet City. Surf in the water between the gym and the Mart. At the end of the "lake" there's a man who gives it to you. Hopefully you've found the flute by now, but I figured someone else might be looking for it.

Follow-up question: How do you make the pedestals appear? When I go to Outskirt Island, there's nothing there. On my past playthroughs they've just been there, can't recall doing anything to make them appear. Oh, and thank you so much for the hack LaZ, this is like the game I always wanted to make, but never knew how to. So perfect.

Back