• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Hey Cooley, this is looking great! ^_^ Any place for an OW/spriter like me? xD

The silver OW needs maybe an angrier look in my opinion. ^^

EDIT: 100th post. :x

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
great hack bro, if you need anything custom/ original made just ask.
Sure thing.

Hey Cooley, this is looking great! ^_^ Any place for an OW/spriter like me? xD

The silver OW needs maybe an angrier look in my opinion. ^^

EDIT: 100th post. :x
Thanks! And Silver's not an angry person in the hack XD
And by "OW/Spriter" it meant Ow spriter or spriter, correct? Just checking, because I could use a Silver Intro sprite.

Nice updates! Wow... I never thought that you have have a lot sense of Humour. (Just like CS.) Anyways, by Edited Rocket Sprite, do you mean by OW Sprite or just Sprite?
The battle sprite is what I was referring to =)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
This hack is terrific. I just started playing, and I'm already blown away by the plot depth, the great new ideas, and the exquisite mapping and scripting (I can't script worth a darn, but you've done some great scenes). Keep it up, this is absolutely terrific.
Oh, I have one suggestion. Since you're forced to start with Cyndaquil, I think you should give that particular Cyndaquil the ability to learn abnormal moves. Just a thought. Again, great job!

And one more thing... I just picked up a Rare Candy and wound up with 16 in my bag. Also, Oak gave me 10 potions. The 10 potions is cool, but 16 Rare Candies before the first gym? Is this a glitch?

Does the alpha end with the guy who wants you to find his glasses?

Last edited:

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Umm...
I don't know if this has been posted, but after I got the blackglasses, there was a tile that I couldnt go through, so I pressed it, and the game froze...

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
This hack is terrific. I just started playing, and I'm already blown away by the plot depth, the great new ideas, and the exquisite mapping and scripting (I can't script worth a darn, but you've done some great scenes). Keep it up, this is absolutely terrific.
Oh, I have one suggestion. Since you're forced to start with Cyndaquil, I think you should give that particular Cyndaquil the ability to learn abnormal moves. Just a thought. Again, great job!

And one more thing... I just picked up a Rare Candy and wound up with 16 in my bag. Also, Oak gave me 10 potions. The 10 potions is cool, but 16 Rare Candies before the first gym? Is this a glitch?

Does the alpha end with the guy who wants you to find his glasses?
Thanks for the input. Abnormal moves, sounds like a good idea. Do you have any in mind?

And there are no gyms in Eruption.. There will be something better:
More trainers and superior individuals :D

The rare candy thing, I only used to get past some parts because I didn't feel like battling/losing etc. It was only to help me. I'll replace it with another useless item(X ATTACK) XD

So Cooley, how's the progress on Eruption going?:)
Good luck!:D
:t246:
Well mapping is great, I've done up to the BETA, but I just can't seem to fix this sprite bug for some reason.. But if I remove it, I'd have to rethink the event outline, which shouldn't be a problem.

I really like em screenies!
They look soo cool.:)
GL!:D
Thanks!

Umm...
I don't know if this has been posted, but after I got the blackglasses, there was a tile that I couldnt go through, so I pressed it, and the game froze...
Ooh, that doesn't sound to good... I'll try and fix it right away. Thanks for telling me ;)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Well, I'm not sure if Cyndaquil or its evos can learn Eruption but it is the game's namesake...
Also, I was thinking that you might be able to include some sort of story event in which Cyndaquil is forced to adapt, possibly learning moves he otherwise couldn't have used.
Here are a few ideas for that:
1. Possibly learns heat wave to fend off multiple enemies.
2. Rock Slide, or some rock type attack, while working in the mountains (probably as a later evo).
3. Solarbeam, since it sort of corresponds with the fire type, and it needs a counter to water and rock-types.
You could have the professor ask to examine the Cyndaquil, and declare it an unusual specimen, you could just insert the events in-game, you could even borrow from the TCG and call it a Delta Species. The main idea would be to give it a slightly more versatile move-pool. If you'd like, I can type up a more elaborate description of what I mean and PM it to you.
Anyhoo, thanks for making a great hack. But what's this I hear? The game doesn't end with the glasses request? Well, where the heck are the glasses???
Oh well, I'd better get searching.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Oh, I see. Those ideas are great, but they would have to be in the beginning, right? Well not really, because I have an Idea planned out:

Spoiler:

Of course that's just the gist of it, and I can add the "new move event" to it, so cyndaquil can save Silver's Parents or something along the lines of that. May will be part of this event, and that's all the spoilers I can give for now. Thanks for the ideas!

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i've patched it in different firered games 5 times and it doesn't work.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
now it doen't read it. i've tried fire red and fire red (u).

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
Years
Wow, those tiles are nice! The hack will have a great look if it's full of them.

I'm particularly amazed by your scripting. Your one of the best scripters around.

Good luck cooley, I know this will get the recognition it deserves. ;)

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i'm using ipswin, and it still isn't working.
is there a better patching tool?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Oh, I see. Those ideas are great, but they would have to be in the beginning, right? Well not really, because I have an Idea planned out:

Spoiler:

Of course that's just the gist of it, and I can add the "new move event" to it, so cyndaquil can save Silver's Parents or something along the lines of that. May will be part of this event, and that's all the spoilers I can give for now. Thanks for the ideas!
Thanks for using them. You've done a great job on this. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know (I'd love to help with the plotline, though you seem to have that well in hand).

@siper x, have you tried just giving the ips file and the rom the same name and putting them in the same folder? If that doesn't work, LIPS is good, like Sonic Boom said, and has worked for me. If that fails you, first check that you are patching the GBA file and not a sav, bak, or pal extension. Next, make sure the Rom is clean, with no prior patches. If all fails, redownload the patch and try again.
And if that fails, take this to a help thread, which is honestly where you should have posted it in the first place.

KieronGames

May be more active
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 24, 2012
I am stuck in route 1 is that the end of the alpha or is there a certain event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back