• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2011
Anime/movie chronology

Hi guys, first post here, so I hope it's all following the rules!

I've just started watching the anime from the very beginning and was wondering where the movies fit in in regards to the timeline. Should I watch a movie between two particular episodes, or at the end of every season? Is there even an exact point in the timeline to watch them?

Thanks, ck

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Well... I personally watch one movie after one season. First movie after the first season, second movie after the second season and so on. I don't know if it's 'right' ot 'wrong' way to watch movies but it's my way. ^^

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
Try this. Watch them after the episode listed and you'll probably be fine.

Mewtwo Strikes Back - After "The Case of the K-9 Caper"
The Power of One - After "Charizard Chills"
Spell of the Unown - After "Fowl Play"
Celebi: Voice of the Forest - After "Kecleon Caper"
Heroes - After "Just Add Water"
Jirachi Wish Maker - After "Having a Wailord of a Time"
Destiny Deoxys - After "Sky High Gym Battle"
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - After "A Real Cleffa-Hanger"
Ranger and the Temple of the Sea - After "Aipom and the Circumstance"
Rise of Darkrai - After "Steamboat Willies"
Giratina and the Sky Warrior - After "Arriving in Style"
Arceus and the Jewel of Life - After "Beating the Bustle and Hustle"

Yeah this should be right.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Zoroark: Master of Illusions - After "League Unleashed"
Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom - After "Reunion Battles in Nimbasa!"
Victini and the White Hero: Reshiram After "Reunion Battles in Nimbasa!"

Here is the last two movies.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Hi guys, first post here, so I hope it's all following the rules!

I've just started watching the anime from the very beginning and was wondering where the movies fit in in regards to the timeline. Should I watch a movie between two particular episodes, or at the end of every season? Is there even an exact point in the timeline to watch them?

Thanks, ck

You Want the Movies Only Right? This is the order I used when watching them and it worked out well:

-Pokemon The First Movie – Mewtwo Strikes Back: After Episode 74 (The Ancient Puzzle Of Pokémopolis)

-Pokemon The Movie 2000 – The Power Of One: After Episode 105 (Misty Meets Her Match)

-Pokemon 3 The Movie – Spell Of The Unown:
After Episode 157 (Forest Grumps)

-Pokémon 4Ever : Celebi – Voice of the Forest:
After Episode 207 (The Kecleon Caper)

-Pokemon Heroes : Latios And Latias: After Episode 257 (Just Add Water)

-Jirachi : Wish Maker
: After Episode 309 (Having A Wailord Of A Time)

-Pokémon : Destiny Deoxys: After Episode 359 (Who's Flying Now?)

-Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew: After Episode 408 (A Real Cleffa Hanger)

-Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
: After Episode 457 (Aipom and Circumstance!)

-Pokémon : The Rise of Darkrai: After Episode 506 (Top – Down Training!)

-Pokemon : Giratina & The Sky Warrior: After Episode 560 (Battling the Generation Gap!)

-Pokemon Arceus and the Jewel of Life:
After Episode 596 (Evolving Strategies!)

-Zoroark: Master of Illusions: After Episode 641 (For the Love of Meowth!)

Last edited:
Years
Rationale behind Cubone club rule.

Remember that episode where Ash and friends go to that school in the fog and he battles the girl everybody likes? She has a Cubone and they say something about it being okay for him to use a club for some reason, what was that about? I can't remember how they explain that it's okay for him to use a weapon. Halp?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Are you talking way back in the beginning of the Anime, first season? Club=Bone you mean? He was crying and couldn't stop crying until they gave him the bone. It's been forever, I can't remember myself lol but I know which episode you're talking about!

Years
Hmm...I don't recall any crying or anything...no it's the one where like the students all learn practical battling statistics and stuff but never actually battle in real life.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It's EP009 "The School of Hard Knocks" that you are alluding to.

Ash says: "Throwing that bone is a cheap way to win"
Giselle: "Well that's Cubone special attack, it's authorized by the Pokemon League and is perfectly legal"

And they actually did battle since she used a Gravler to beat Misty Starmie. And yes they were all about statics, since was the first mention of the level conceptions in anime which was vague at best.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Question on Pokemon movie 14th Blu-ray

To those who have bought the Blu-ray version, I have a question.

Is the 14th Pokemon movie released on Blu-ray disc 1080p, 720p or 720p-upscaled-to-1080p (Pokemon BW was and is broadcast in Japan at only 720p)? I'm unable to find information on the movie resolution on Google or online stores that sell the movies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
It's not at all suprising take a look at the first seasons of a few sagas;

• The Johto Journeys - 41 episodes
  • Advanced - 40 episodes
  • Diamond and Pearl - 51 episodes
Though, I'd probably 50 mark as more accurate to this situation seeing as the Battle Frontier onwards has been handled by TPCi.

I'm not too sure I'd call this fake, but Bulbapedia credits this channel as Sarah's youtube channel and seems official. But yeah, she could have created a new account. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see if we get another episode title reveal first.

Last edited:

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I think it's fake because that channel uploaded the black & white theme and it probily is just having a holiday break

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2012
Odd unidentifiable pokemon picture.

Hi. I'm new to forums. In the [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Pokemon[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] episode Pokemon Paparazzi when Snap and Ash are talking about pancakes there is a strange picture of a pokemon in the background that looks kind of like a cubone or kangaskan. Possible unmasked cubone? or something else? Anyway I would like to know what you all think about it. And theories??? Please and thanks.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Didn't meganium90 redirect you to the FAQ thread?

I took a little check for myself, but honestly it just looks like a brown coloured blob. The animators probably just drew it in randomly to fill up the scene. I doubt it's an unrevealed Pokémon if that's what you were thinking. If anything, looked a little like a Charmander to me.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Hi. I'm new to forums. In the [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Pokemon[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] episode Pokemon Paparazzi when Snap and Ash are talking about pancakes there is a strange picture of a pokemon in the background that looks kind of like a cubone or kangaskan. Possible unmasked cubone? or something else? Anyway I would like to know what you all think about it. And theories??? Please and thanks.
In the future if you have a simple question please you the Simple Help Topic instead of making a topic of your own.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
Well since there was no new dub episode of pokemon last Saturday i guess the confirms the season ending.
Also does this

@10:50
confirm Pokemon season 15 Rival Destinies?

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I was rewatching the kanto series and I noticed something.

The safari zone in the anime wasn't only used for the safari game, but it was also a path from one city to another. is this true? or am I just not looking at it right. SInce there was a banned episode there which creates uncertainty here and there. What are ur views?

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
How many episodes of B/W have been aired currently? I'm trying to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back