• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think it's good that they added this.
I think the opposite sex rival will be the "default" which is their official artwork look.
Also does anyone else think that the blue eyes on the male look weird in the picture?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Character customization is the thing that I love most about Pokémon X and Y. I've always wanted to make my character look differently than the ones of other people, and now, I finally can. I just hope they don't limit us only to a few outfits, though, because that would absolutely suck. :( They should allow us to download (or maybe even purchase) new sets of outfits online. Could be even better if they enabled us to design our own outfits!

Also, are we permitted to change the size of our body and the style of our hair, or are we allowed to just change their colors?

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Character customization is the thing that I love most about Pokémon X and Y. I've always wanted to make my character look differently than the ones of other people, and now, I finally can. I just hope they don't limit us only to a few outfits, though, because that would absolutely suck. :( They should allow us to download (or maybe even purchase) new sets of outfits online. Could be even better if they enabled us to design our own outfits!

Also, are we permitted to change the size of our body and the style of our hair, or are we allowed to just change their colors?

I believe their are going to be lots o outfits we can use. On some x and y pics I have even seen poke hats like pangoro hats. (Heres hoping we can have a team rocket outfit lol)

Guy

just a guy
Years
KoolKat vs. Lucas, because it's one of those threads we have exempt from the revival rule, I've merged your topic with the previous discussion, Player Customization.

Character customization is the thing that I love most about Pokémon X and Y. I've always wanted to make my character look differently than the ones of other people, and now, I finally can. I just hope they don't limit us only to a few outfits, though, because that would absolutely suck.
3.%20frown.gif
They should allow us to download (or maybe even purchase) new sets of outfits online. Could be even better if they enabled us to design our own outfits!

Not sure about body size, but from what they've shown so far of character customization, there are a few different hairstyles to choose from it seems. We'll also be able to get new outfits and accessories later in the game that we can change into whenever we go back home.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I finally posted in X & Y! Yay!

I do hope that there'll be customization, but like most of you, I doubt it. I like it when the players can get to choose what their character will look like and have the ability to personalize them however they want, which is probably the reason why I love playing games like The Sims.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I finally posted in X & Y! Yay!

I do hope that there'll be customization, but like most of you, I doubt it. I like it when the players can get to choose what their character will look like and have the ability to personalize them however they want, which is probably the reason why I love playing games like The Sims.

But... customization IS in X & Y. :P

I'm getting more and more excited about player customization as I see more trailers with customized trainers. It's like they took what Pokemon Battle Revolution started, and made it 10 times better. I hope there will be lots of different things to dress your character up in, rather than just a few.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Just saying, but buildings like a barber shop or hair salon would be pretty cool if the player ever wanted to change their hairstyle, if that's even an option after you initially start the game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2014
Do you think it's a "one time" customization or possible something we can keep customize/adjust to our character whenever we feel like? It would make it feel more personal, realistic like The Sims, as someone else pointed out.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I think of that maybe we will be able to 'cosplay' previous protagonists, or even other important characters such as Cynthia, Steven and others...
On a note, maybe we need to pay these outfits for real money... :O

blue

gucci
Years
So that's Hair styles, Skin tones, Hair colors, clothes and caps? They're really making the most out of this appearance changing feature for the good!

Guy

just a guy
Years
I like that my idea of a salon was actually used!

Do you think it's a "one time" customization or possible something we can keep customize/adjust to our character whenever we feel like? It would make it feel more personal, realistic like The Sims, as someone else pointed out.
You're allowed to customize your protagonist more than once. As you play the game, you'll obtain new outfits and accessories that you can change into. With the addition of the salon, you'll be able to change your hairstyle too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I like that my idea of a salon was actually used!

You're allowed to customize your protagonist more than once. As you play the game, you'll obtain new outfits and accessories that you can change into. With the addition of the salon, you'll be able to change your hairstyle too.
I wonder if the salon will do stuff beyond just hair, such as nails for the female character...not like it's important though as it's hard to see the players fingers...

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Just hair and color it seems, but wow, from the latest udpate from the official site, there's quite an extensive selection to choose from!

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/style/

You know after seeing this picture here.

sept_p18_08_cjugi.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool if you could get extra accessories for your clothes (medals, stamps, buttons) if you complete certain achievements like beat the Battle Frontier, win a certain amount of online matches, catch a certain amount of pokemon, winning sky battles. I think it would encourage players to keep playing the game or even yet try new features.

Guy

just a guy
Years
That would be pretty neat actually! It would certainly suggest that it's a possibility with the two round pins on the player's hat there.

What I'm curious to know is if we'll be able to choose from a selection of different colors from the same outfit or accessory.

blue

gucci
Years
sept_p18_01_bu9i9.jpg
sept_p18_02_5f3x8.jpg
sept_p18_03_567qd.jpg
sept_p18_04_bakl3.jpg

These games just keep getting better and better, everytime we get an update like this I'm always blown back by the in-game features. I really can't wait to try these out!

Back