• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] "SHINY" pokemons in a hacks ?!?

How much "SHINY" Pokemon do you caught in a hack?

• Total voters

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
Years
Good evening pokeworld !

I want to ask all of you in this thread have you encountered an a "shiny" pokemon in someones hack ?

Is it possible to encounter a "SHINY" one in a hack ???

In my mauronish brains was this mind all the time since I registered a PC's community.

But yesterday ( 2013 - 11 - 06 ; 10:46 PM ) I encountered a one little fella - Zigzagoon in Pokemon Skyline hack ( my first "SHINY" overall caught legally ( without cheats ) ),so if anyone don't mind I want to share my caught "SHINY" Zigzagoon pictures with you people and want to see your people caught "SHINIES" in hacks ( mostly GBA hacks) & or are you using him/her in your main team ? I use my Zigzagoon ( female ) alot.

Thank you for everyone reading or viewing this tread and now the big present ( "SHINY" Zigzagoon pics )

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I found a shiny Whismur in Pokemon Azure Horizons once, and I also found a shiny Ariados in Pokemon Shiny Gold (although I think how the shiny Gyarados was implemented in that game resulted in an increased chance to get shiny Pokemon.) :)

LindseyTNamez

Wataru's Dragon Protege
Years
Shiny Shaymin in Flora Sky and of course Shiny Gyarados in every silver/gold/crystal rom I play~ it's a must to catch it!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
I don't care for shinys, their stats are fixed, and some Pokemon don't need stats that make them shiny. Any shiny legendary is a MISTAKE, because legendaries focus on a massive stat advantage points. Shiny stats split up the stats, and make it unbalanced. A shiny Latios/Latias will therefore have lower Sp.Atk and Speed than a premium-stat NON-SHINY Latios and/or Latias. Shiny is a mistake when balanced stats aren't necessary!

So, I don't mind a shiny, but not on Pokemon that need an imbalanced premium stat build.

I am a stat hunter as opposed to a shiny hunter. Yes, shinies are rare, but I learned to toss them. Tedious hours spent to catching something that will not benefit you in its highest glory.

RimasLT

Years
Shiny Shaymin in Flora Sky and of course Shiny Gyarados in every silver/gold/crystal rom I play~ it's a must to catch it!

About "shiny" Gyarados - I know he was in G/S/C & in HG/SS and Liquid Crystal he was suppose to be, But in Flora Sky I just didn't notice that Shaymin was "SHINY" so I just defeated him & played futher without him ( I do not like Shaymin so why do I need him ) In Liquid Crystal In Johto E4 one of the members had Shiny Aerodactyl. So Red Gyarados is boring.That's it.

LindseyTNamez

Wataru's Dragon Protege
Years
About "shiny" Gyarados - I know he was in G/S/C & in HG/SS and Liquid Crystal he was suppose to be, But in Flora Sky I just didn't notice that Shaymin was "SHINY" so I just defeated him & played futher without him ( I do not like Shaymin so why do I need him ) In Liquid Crystal In Johto E4 one of the members had Shiny Aerodactyl. So Red Gyarados is boring.That's it.

I caught Shaymin because I had the pokeballs and Gyarados is one of my favs. If you don't like them cool I was just sharing what shiny ones I caught, I don't even try for them so I don't see the point in shiny pokemon.

RimasLT

Years
I caught Shaymin because I had the pokeballs and Gyarados is one of my favs. If you don't like them cool I was just sharing what shiny ones I caught, I don't even try for them so I don't see the point in shiny pokemon.

You didn't understand me correctly , I just say that because in 6 games I saw Shiny Gyarados, too me is to much him in games,I like him but.... If you had 6 days one after another just play one game - you know it's kinda boring.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I only seem to encounter shiny pokemon in hacks, can never run into them in the actual games.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
In a hack?
Well it's a shiny Ryhorn in the Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians Rainleaf town Safari zone I was teleported to a random place in the Safari Zone then boom I saw a shy Ryhorn....... G/S/C and Emerald are not hacks.

KosmoF

Diehard Pokemon Fanatic
Years
I uploaded the picture I took of the starter Pokemon chosen in a test file of my EEVEELUTION hack to its primary showcase album on my profile page; thanks for trolling me with a green JOLTEON, GAME FREAK, thanks a bunch.

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I ran into 2 on Snakewood - Aerodactyl (which is part of the event), and the battle after it, a shiny Trapinch.

Years
Besides the one I got in Snakewood I'm not sure if it counts but I got a shiny Wynaut yesterday in my Jap Emerald and I also got a shiny Squirtle in my Light Platinum game and I think I got one in Flora Sky

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I don't care for shinys, their stats are fixed, and some Pokemon don't need stats that make them shiny. Any shiny legendary is a MISTAKE, because legendaries focus on a massive stat advantage points. Shiny stats split up the stats, and make it unbalanced. A shiny Latios/Latias will therefore have lower Sp.Atk and Speed than a premium-stat NON-SHINY Latios and/or Latias. Shiny is a mistake when balanced stats aren't necessary!

So, I don't mind a shiny, but not on Pokemon that need an imbalanced premium stat build.

I am a stat hunter as opposed to a shiny hunter. Yes, shinies are rare, but I learned to toss them. Tedious hours spent to catching something that will not benefit you in its highest glory.

Bulbapedia said:
In Generation III, most of the data structures were redone. As such, a Pokémon's Shininess would no longer need to be linked to its stats due to incompatibilities between the previous generations. The determinant for Shininess is instead a calculation based on the Trainer ID number and secret ID number of the player encountering it and the personality value of the Pokémon. The same method is used in Generations IV and V.

Only in gen II were shinies linked to stats. Now, shinies are just normal pokemon whose randomly generated numbers, when combined with the numbers of the trainer, and some math is done, get a different color. I know this is a fact because I have seen the asm that does these checks.

Also, I have personally done hacks that increase shiny rate and I have force created shinies, so shinies in hacks aren't always something to be proud of. Check with the hack's maker to see if they did anything.

Years
I think a long time ago, I found a shiny Magikarp in Blackthorn City of ShinyGold. I thought I had the shiny encounter code on, but I found out quickly afterwards that was my wasted luck.

Back