• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Preferred Series between FR/LG and R/S/E

What is your favorite 3rd gen series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I prefer the Fire Red/Leaf Green series. My first pokemon game being Leaf Green, i think it's about nostalgia. Even though i finished the game many times, i still play it today.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love RSE. I cannot stand FRLG. Though both games are nostalgic for me, FRLG eventually paled in comparison to HGSS as far as remakes go. It was great for it's time, for me anyway. It's still nice to play every once in a while. But RSE I never get bored of.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
Seeing as I have SS, I see no reason for FR/LG.

Beyond that, I adore Emerald in every sense of the word.
Simply fantastic game! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
RSE. Kanto in general never appealed to me very much gameplay wise after Silph Co, and thus I have never beat the Elite Four. That extends to FR/LG, so by default RSE was more enjoyable to me.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I prefer Fire red and lead green. Why? Because my FIRST POKEMON EVER was a Charmander. Yeah I think it's about nostalgia.

Matty Mayhem

Matty :3
Years
I think both games have some upsides, but I think overall, R/S/E was much more enjoyable than FR/LG. The reason I think it was more enjoyable is mainly because R/S/E was a fresh start and FR/LG were remake games.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I love RSE. I cannot stand FRLG. Though both games are nostalgic for me, FRLG eventually paled in comparison to HGSS as far as remakes go. It was great for it's time, for me anyway. It's still nice to play every once in a while. But RSE I never get bored of.

I always find myself agreeing with you Sydian xD It's mainly these two things but also the rest of what you said, off-topic but I love your signature xD But classy girls don't kiss in bars, you fool! xD Gets me everytime xD

Years
I like FR/LG better than R/S/E. It just might be the whole nostalgia factoring for me, since my emulating experience for both games sucks, since I'm playing on my ZuneHD.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
RSE,seriously those games are awesome,
even though I first played Red.
It would be awesome if they made a remake,
and seriously,if they don't,I would go kill gamefreak.

Years
I personally have FR/LG ahead of R/S on my list, but Emerald really topped all of them, so my entire vote goes to R/S/E. The Battle Frontier was one of the best innovations to the series, and it really gave the game continual playing value after the main story was completed.

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
It's FireRed/LeafGreen for me. Despite being a remake, I never got into RSE quite as much as I thought I should have. RSE and DPPt are, in my opinion, on the lower level of the Pokemon spectrum. Not 100% sure why, but that's just the feeling they give me.

Years
I'm gonna have to go with FireRed and LeafGreen. I love R/S/E, but if you ask me, FR/LG are much more polished. Plus, I kinda prefer Kanto to Hoenn. :P

Years
I'll be voting for Fire Red/Leaf Green.
It's a difficult choice i must say, both the series i liked them a lot. I loved the first generation, and seeing a well done remake made me so happy, and R/S/E were made very well indeed. But still, i love how simple and clean was the first generation, as so it has been the remakes.

Years
Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald for me.

Mainly cos Hoenn was my first region as far as the games go. Also, I loved the unusual Pokemon designs.

blue

gucci
Years
RSE without a dobut. Having already played through Kanto it wasn't much different when playing FRLG, I much prefer Hoenn to Kanto anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back